my husbands diagnosis of OSA

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Holli

Re: my husbands diagnosis of OSA

Post by Holli » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:05 am

Okay will do I'll also look at the mask to see what that is too and post them.

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:56 am

Holli wrote:Thank you everyone so so much. It really helps to be understood and to be given some wisdom from his likely pov. I'm not tired so i offered to sit with him since he is used to me being with him at bedtime. I can get the make and model of his mask later I imagine it's on it. He has a resmart auto cpap with heated humidifier. ...
Getting data from the machine uses an online program called iCode.

Here is a link to the software page:
iCode.com

Here is a link to a help page:
iCode Help

Here is a link to the user manual:
RESmat User Manual

And here is a link to the Clinician manual for making changes to the settings if needed:
RESmart Clinician Manual

Hang in there, it will get better.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:25 am

Holli wrote:Thank you everyone so so much. It really helps to be understood and to be given some wisdom from his likely pov. I'm not tired so i offered to sit with him since he is used to me being with him at bedtime. I can get the make and model of his mask later I imagine it's on it. He has a resmart auto cpap with heated humidifier....
If you don't have the user manual, here is a link to get what I guess is his machine.
RESmart Auto User Manual

And here is a link to the clinician manual that provides details on how to adjust things.
RESmart Clinician Manual

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

Holli

Post by Holli » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:27 am

Thank you JDS we will look at that.

Here are pics and his sleep study and rx.

In home sleep study results

Husband Script

Bottom of APAP and pics

Tubing and mask
ImageImage

And his settings last night were initial 4.5, min 5 max 15. Hr says he slept a lot better but his neck hurts. I think I saw something about the neck in the cpap newbie section here I'll have another look

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:28 am

That's my machine! It is definitely data capable and once you learn how to use SD card you will get much more than just the Icode, which is separate and abbreviated data presentation.

Suggest that you read: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=104989
for examples of the data, as well as my own oximetry studies. But I also display the data from my machine, which is identical to yours. Though the machine is budget, I am quite satisfied with it thus far.
Machine - https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmart ... ducts.html
Setting: APAP, 10.5-14cm
Software: Proprietary
Mask- PR Wisp nasal (large); ResMed FX Nasal (wide);
Oximeter: CMS50D+

robysue

Post by robysue » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:52 am

tedburnsIII wrote:That's my machine! It is definitely data capable and once you learn how to use SD card you will get much more than just the Icode, which is separate and abbreviated data presentation.
What software package do you need to read the data from a RESmart APAP? And where do you get it? This one is NOT compatible with SleepyHead, the software that many of us use here, as I recall.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:55 am

That mask looks like the ResMed Mirage Quattro
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... dgear.html

If his neck is hurting it is probably those lower back straps. Perhaps too tight or perhaps just simply where they are resting on the back of the head/neck. I don't do well at all with the masks that have lower back straps like this because of the arthritis in my neck even if I didn't have them too tight they cause problems and pain in my neck.
So check tension...and the strap covers you can get from padacheek.com might be an option too.

The RESmart APAP machine is a full data machine but you won't be able to use SleepyHead software with it as it isn't compatible. The RESmart manufacture brand isn't a brand that we commonly see from our forum members here.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:02 am

For whatever data is shown via the online code thing. I have no idea how much data these machines collect or if software shows more than the code thing.

3B™ iCode Data System

3B Products added the convenience of clinical and compliance data download with direct connection capability to the PC or remote access via phone with iCode™. iCode™ by 3B products also allows the user to input a code online to receive comprehensive usage data. Track your sleep therapy with the iCode data reporting system by 3B for your RESmart® CPAP or RESmart® Auto CPAP units. 3B has given you the ability to download and view your own PAP therapy from the comfort of your home.

Last edited by Pugsy on Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:14 am

robysue wrote:
tedburnsIII wrote:That's my machine! It is definitely data capable and once you learn how to use SD card you will get much more than just the Icode, which is separate and abbreviated data presentation.
What software package do you need to read the data from a RESmart APAP? And where do you get it? This one is NOT compatible with SleepyHead, the software that many of us use here, as I recall.
robysue and more importantly Holli- 'click on' link: https://icodeconnect.com/users/login

It's done online. One does not have to log in and I don't think it possible for other than med care providers anyway.

You insert the SD card in computer (you might have to reboot for it to be recognized) click on Quick Report at above url. Then one chooses SD card or to enter an iCode. The former can generate PDF reports (as does the latter) but you need to play around and see which data suits you best. Once you get the first display using the SD what I've found very helpful is to scroll down to that daily graph and hover mouse over it. You'll get the hang of it and that is where one gets the real details over the time period for the day. I am going to display what I find MOST helpful to me- the DAY by DAY DATA GRAPH (with drop down menu for other dates; don't forget to hover mouse over the GRAPH when you do it while online-kind of fun and more specific as to actual length of hyps and aps to the second):

CPAP FOR 4-13-2015 @ 12cm:

Note the SD card reinserted in the APAP goes in UPSIDE DOWN. That is important. Don't make mistake of placing it back in the other way. It will get stuck and bad things might happen to machine and forget about getting further data recorded. I had to call 3B BMC for the solution.

In the first place, it's best to confirm when you first remove the card from APAP (look at it before pulling it out completely) that it actually goes back into it UPSIDE DOWN.

Another display:

Hope this helps someone- in particular, OP.
Last edited by tedburnsIII on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:12 am, edited 5 times in total.

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:18 am

Thank you for all the information. It looks like this is not one of the machines that most people get. I did some searching as only the bi-level model is carried by our host. It concerns me a bit that cpap.com does not sell this model.

I found the model that our new poster has here: http://1800cpap.com/resmart-auto-cpap-m ... px#reviews. Judging by the price of $375 brand new, it appears to be a lower end machine. The top of the line machines that we are familiar with seem to sell for about twice that. There was only one review and it wasn't good but there's no way to tell much from a single review:
good machine, but way too sensitive
F. G. (Ft Myers) 12/10/2013 12:42 PM
Overall, I think this is a good enough auto titration device but I have to warn you that it is way too sensitive to breathing patterns or something and the machine will turn off the blower wile your sleeping during the night. I have no idea how long it takes to turn back on but if I hold my breath for 3 seconds , the machine turns itself off. I have had automatic machines before , but never had a problem like that. I guess that's why it's only 300 and something dollars. I would not use this if you have a full face mask, for instance, because that would be dangerous.I have read the manual trying to reset this thing, but it's of no use to me. I paid cash and put up with it for a long time so I'm not even going to try to return it.Just be careful because you get what you pay for.
So, unless I'm missing something, it appears that we will only have access to summary data and can't see things like clusters of events or changes from hour to hour?

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:31 pm

yaconsult- what is lacking in my post above?

The day by day graph isn't sufficient? My entire post above concerns info obtained from my lower-end RESmart APAP. I specifically refer to the first item displayed in my post above yours..

If I were CR I'd consider one a 'Best Buy', and certainly adequate. But I've only been on CPAP two months. Then again, I've learned a lot in those months.
Last edited by tedburnsIII on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:38 pm

yaconsult wrote: What we are looking for is the model number. For example, on my machine it says 550P.
older machines typically said "model:"

newer machines typically say "REF" which seems to be a medical thing. maybe something about 'respiratory equipment ...'

if you notice, not only the machines have REF numbers, but hoses, masks, oxygen tubing, etc. REF numbers.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:42 pm

if you just got that thing, the best thing you could probably do is take it back and yell at them for fobbing off cheap chinese knock off junk on you and make them give you a respironics or resMED machine.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:49 pm

Lookit, I know what is apparently behind my receiving such a machine. Noone forced me to take it. I was truly ignorant as to my 'rights' and not sophisticated about those rights or CPAP at all.

The bottom-line for me is that it is surprisingly good for my purposes. Sure, I'd probably prefer getting some of the overpriced ones, but the 3B RESmart is quite adequate and is data capable.

What many of you here fail to realize it that we are NOT the average CPAP users. The average user, in my opinion, probably just hooks up the darn thing and if they feel better could probably care less as to the nature and extend of data capability.

And I give little credibility to that review. The guy couldn't even figure out how to change the settings, though he had the instructions in his possession. I give more credibility to the retailer page which tells it like it is. I was happy that my OWN OPINION of the machine corresponded to the representations on the page which will be given shortly: http://1800cpap.com/cpap-autocpap-machi ... -2014.aspx

"3B RESmart Auto CPAP Machine

Customers rave about the low price point of this unit (about 50% less than the premium brands). Offers a pressure relief feature that makes it easier to breathe against the higher pressures. Available with or without heated humidifier.

Lacks a heated tubing option, a necessity for people that require more humidification for therapy. Bulky design, however similar in weight and dimension to some of the top manufacturers."

Sure, guys and gals, had I known and inquired about choices perhaps I would've chosen. But the DME came to me at my request. They said that I could come down to them and seek what they have but I did not want to for various reasons unrelated to them.
Last edited by tedburnsIII on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nick Danger

Post by Nick Danger » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:55 pm

The average CPAP "users" are the ones we buy used machines from with < 100 hours on them...