DME: Using Tape "Is Creepy"

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
wm_hess

Re: DME: Using Tape "Is Creepy"

Post by wm_hess » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:04 pm

Pardon my ignorance, but what are you taping? I'm using Tapatalk (mobile) so I don't see your device. Are you using a FFM and taping it so it doesn't move about?

If you're using a FFM Pad-a-Cheek makes a strap I used on my Quattro FFM to limit the leakage.

On my current mask (Quattro FX) I cinch it down and use mask liner and strap covers. Stops red marks along cheeks and around face. All items courtesy of Pad-a-Cheek

princessbelle

Post by princessbelle » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:06 pm

My mouth drops open too and I am using a FFM. I tried a chin strap and it was in the way of the bottom of mask. I tried taping with nasal mask and that was horrible when I woke up and couldn't get a breath. I tape from the sides of my FFM down under chin that helps some but I still wake with a desert in my mouth and that is not good either. I use Biotene and that only worked the first few nights I used it although others have had great success with it. My skin doesn't like adhesive so it I see where the tape was. Does that LPN think cpappers have a fetish with tape? She is creepy!

poppi2

Post by poppi2 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:09 pm

wm_hess wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but what are you taping? . . .
I tape my lips closed. Except for the first six months, I use pillows. I also taped with my first mask, a FFM, to prevent dry mouth. With taping, I am successful with my therapy. Without, a total nightmare.
I also use the papcap chinstrap and sometimes a horizontal loop of ace bandage. It ain't pretty, and Archangle says I may die from aspiration pneumonia; but you gotta do what works. Earl

jaycee2

Post by jaycee2 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:13 am

jaycee2 wrote:
yaconsult wrote:The Ruby Red is a popular headstrap and I recommend it, especially if you get the adjustable version with the velcro on the straps. This allows you to adjust it JUST right even after it starts to stretch out, which they all do eventually.
As a matter of fact that is the third type I'll be trying. I ordered it from our host. I'm hoping that it will be the third time is the charm rather than three strikes and you're out. With the other two I had to adjust them so tightly to keep my jaw from dropping that it gave me TMJ pain.
Update: I did try the Ruby Red type but had to adjust it very tightly. It did wake me up with TMJ pain and I'm not willing to wear it nightly to see if the pain goes away. So back to the tape.