Do you ever feel lack of blood flow in brain when waking?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Do you ever feel lack of blood flow in brain when waking?

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:19 am

Hubby likes those a lot. --especially for decks and fences.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:37 am

chunkyfrog wrote:Hubby likes those a lot. --especially for decks and fences.
if bullfrog hasn't seen this catalog, he's missing out... he'll like it a lot.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:07 am

He thanks you, PR.
The biggest, most awesome hardware store in town just closed, (Baker's)
and the only other really comprehensive hardware store in town is closing soon. (Murphy's Q-P)
Bummer for Makers! Not much left here. We can travel, but even Omaha is limited.
Maybe KC, MO. I hope I'll be up to walking all over the Faire by the end of June.

carojae

Post by carojae » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:59 am

I asked about something similar before and the answer I was provided had to do with oxygen dioxide or expelling air adequately as opposed to "breathing in" well enough. It seems if your intake air is set too high, you will not breathe out good enough to balance your Oxygen/dioxide to your bodies preference or something like that. I never did fully understand it.
What I did was first buy a better machine that was "auto" and turned my startup pressure down to around 6 so I could ramp up from there, but 6 gave me enough air to start on so I didn't feel like I was starving for air. I also heard a sleep doctor on satellite radio say the same thing, "VPap" was his answer - let your body determine your need.
I wish I could write this better and provide better accuracy, but I hope this is enough to give you something that tells you that maybe you are right about that brain feeling and makes you feel better.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:59 am

Think you meant carbon dioxide - CO2, that vents from the little holes on the mask. And if you rebreathed it (from covering the holes by bedding, etc.) you would not be happy.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:03 am

chunkyfrog wrote:He thanks you, PR.
The biggest, most awesome hardware store in town just closed, (Baker's)
and the only other really comprehensive hardware store in town is closing soon. (Murphy's Q-P)
Bummer for Makers! Not much left here. We can travel, but even Omaha is limited.
Maybe KC, MO. I hope I'll be up to walking all over the Faire by the end of June.
I've ordered from them a few times, and was pleased with what I got. I also got a box or two of their 'mixed screws', when I need a few unusual screws, I can usually dig out something from those boxes that works great.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

carojae

Post by carojae » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:37 am

Julie wrote:Think you meant carbon dioxide - CO2, that vents from the little holes on the mask. And if you rebreathed it (from covering the holes by bedding, etc.) you would not be happy.
Haha. Yes of course! Co2! I kinda stumbled on the correct word. I was thinking it sounded more like car exhaust at the time I thought about it and went with my stupid idea (guess I didn't think of "carbon monoxide" quick enough).

No, I was not talking about "plugged holes".

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:05 am

Just saw this thread, and I fervently hope that this person is really going to have a sleep study. They need a physical diagnostic (or two or three) to hopefully understand the subjective feelings that they're having and get to some active therapy. If the sleep study shows that cpap will help, great, but the blood oxygen saturation data itself should be very helpful. Until then, nothing to say as far as I'm concerned, other than to support the sleep study path. I'm a little sad to see the name-calling, graphical or not, but so it goes.

robysue

Post by robysue » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:57 am

RogerSC wrote:Just saw this thread, and I fervently hope that this person is really going to have a sleep study.
The OP is scheduled to have a sleep test this Saturday and has a new thread about that.
They need a physical diagnostic (or two or three) to hopefully understand the subjective feelings that they're having and get to some active therapy.
OP saw the doc this week and has a thread about that.
I'm a little sad to see the name-calling, graphical or not, but so it goes.
I agree.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:24 am

I'm trying to figure out what the sensation the OP describes could possibly be.
Low blood flow could not be felt--no appropriate nerve endings.
A sensation of pressure could be associated with sinus problems, maybe.
Or perhaps vertigo? My thought is possible high blood pressure spikes, related to anxiety.
If these have already been ruled out, I have no clue.

robysue

Post by robysue » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:30 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:I'm trying to figure out what the sensation the OP describes could possibly be.
Low blood flow could not be felt--no appropriate nerve endings.
A sensation of pressure could be associated with sinus problems, maybe.
Or perhaps vertigo? My thought is possible high blood pressure spikes, related to anxiety.
If these have already been ruled out, I have no clue.
On another thread, the idea that Enchanter is hyperventilating while exercising has come up as a way of describing what he's talking about when he is lifting weights.

My own guess? He's gotten so wrapped up in what might be wrong and in his pet theory that it's all related to blood flow and oxygen levels, that hasn't sat down and figured out what it is that he is actually feeling.

Nick Danger

Post by Nick Danger » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:35 pm

If you check Enchanter's other thread, you'll find he had a very productive appointment with his doctor. Yes, he doesn't feel right when waking or exercising, but he also has learned to use more specific and objective language in describing his symptoms. I think he has taken the forum's comments seriously and is acting on them. We probably don't need to beat him up any more

robysue

Post by robysue » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:36 pm

Nick Danger wrote:If you check Enchanter's other thread, you'll find he had a very productive appointment with his doctor. Yes, he doesn't feel right when waking or exercising, but he also has learned to use more specific and objective language in describing his symptoms. I think he has taken the forum's comments seriously and is acting on them. We probably don't need to beat him up any more
+1

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:50 pm

Nick Danger wrote:We probably don't need to beat him up any more
I'm hoping you're right, he's much more likely to get some useful help without all the hyperbole.