WHY!!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Deep Sleep

Re: WHY!!!

Post by Deep Sleep » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:39 am

The current Respironics machines don't have the built-in cellphone modem, plus they can work off a 12 volt battery with just a cable rather than requiring a 12VDC to 24VDC converter.

The System One 60 Series Remstar Pro is a manual, data-capable machine like the ResMed AirSense 10 Elite and the System One 60 Series Remstar Auto is an automatic data-capable like the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. My sleep doctor only prescribes automatics.

With the Respironics model numbers, the S suffix have no humidifier, the HS have a humidifier with no heated tube capability, and the TS come with a heated tube humidifier and an 80 watt power supply (vs 60), as well as the heated tube itself.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:34 am

134 wrote:Yes, in order for me to get a new machine paid for by my insurance company they required that I go for a "new" sleep study.
Who is this "they" that required a new sleep study?

This sounds like a case of the sleep doc and insurance company are not working together and are not communicating.

Who is the insurance company?

archangle

Post by archangle » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:24 am

Pugsy wrote:That remote access thing on the AirSense machines...you can essentially stop it from transmitting if you wish.
It has what they call "airplane mode" like our cell phones and when in airplane mode it can't transmit and the DME can't reach it.
Now every time you start the machine it will likely prompt you "you are in airplane mode, do you wish to continue" or something like that wording...and it takes only a millisecond to move on past it and deny it and thus stay in airplane mode.
I've been told it puts up a message, but you don't have to do anything about it. It starts normally even if you ignore the message. You only have to do something if you want to access the menus.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.