ResMed CPAP s9 autoset & elite h5i for sale

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JordanD1

Re: ResMed CPAP s9 autoset & elite h5i for sale

Post by JordanD1 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:26 am

When I originally posted this I wasn't sure if it was an elite or an autoset. It is an elite. And I typed "gently used" before I figured out how to check the usage on it. I renovate apartments for a living and this machine was left behind by the previous tenant so I really didn't know anything about these machines when I originally made this post. Also I don't know how to post "imgur" images from my phone to this site. However, I do have a craigslist add with pictures on it if you're interested. This site won't let me post a link but go to Craigslist for Baton Rouge Louisiana and type ResMed Elite. My post is listed at $700 obo by "Jordan." And I have 3 pics on there. I'm willing to come to a reasonable price so that the buyer feels like they made a good purchase and I feel like I wasn't ripped off. I'm more than willing to answer any questions to the best of my abilities. Thanks for your patience.

SleepDisturbed

Post by SleepDisturbed » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:48 am

How can you possibly be "ripped off"? You didn't pay a penny for the machine.

Did you attempt to contact the owner and return their property? Or was it just "finders keepers?"

Or perhaps I don't believe any of your story anymore? Yep, thats it!!!!

What I lack in verbosity, I make up in brevity.

JordanD1

Post by JordanD1 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:55 pm

You're entitled to your opinion. But if you are not interested in my machine then please stop wasting your and my time and keep your opinion to yourself and get off of my post. Thanks! Take care.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:03 pm

JordanD1 wrote:You're entitled to your opinion. But if you are not interested in my machine then please stop wasting your and my time and keep your opinion to yourself and get off of my post. Thanks! Take care.
it's a free forum.

it being "your" machine is debatable,
your asking price is grossly inflated, and there are *lots* of people here that will happily point that out to keep you from ripping off anybody here.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:22 pm

I've wondered from time to time what exactly constitutes a "gently" used XPAP. Is this opposed to one that's been used hard on twenty miles of rough road ? Are there multiple ways of using one ? Or, does it just refer to the total blower hours that differentiates a gentle usage from the others ?

accurate

Post by accurate » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:29 pm

palerider wrote:
JordanD1 wrote: your opinion to yourself and get off of my post. Thanks! Take care.
it's a free forum.

it being "your" machine is debatable,
your asking price is grossly inflated, and there are *lots* of people here that will happily point that out to keep you from ripping off anybody here.
You heard him...get off his post

Ian McCullough
Accurate Biomed Services Inc.
http://www.acbio.com

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:51 pm

Gasper62 wrote:I've wondered from time to time what exactly constitutes a "gently" used XPAP. Is this opposed to one that's been used hard on twenty miles of rough road ? Are there multiple ways of using one ? Or, does it just refer to the total blower hours that differentiates a gentle usage from the others ?
maybe it was only used on alternate weekends by a little old lady who took very shallow breaths?

ya know, like a gently used car, by the little old lady who only drove it to church on sundays and never got it over 30 miles per hour?

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

poppi2

Post by poppi2 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:59 pm

palerider wrote:. . . ya know, like a gently used car, by the little old lady who only drove it to church (downhill both ways) on sundays and never got it over 30 miles per hour?

Tatooed Lady

Post by Tatooed Lady » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:10 pm

palerider wrote:
Gasper62 wrote:I've wondered from time to time what exactly constitutes a "gently" used XPAP. Is this opposed to one that's been used hard on twenty miles of rough road ? Are there multiple ways of using one ? Or, does it just refer to the total blower hours that differentiates a gentle usage from the others ?
maybe it was only used on alternate weekends by a little old lady who took very shallow breaths?

ya know, like a gently used car, by the little old lady who only drove it to church on sundays and never got it over 30 miles per hour?
So...POW would be gently used since it's my weekend use machine, but Precious probably not...Because she gets shaken all day long while I'm on the road, and used 80% of the time?

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:18 pm

poppi2 wrote:
palerider wrote:. . . ya know, like a gently used car, by the little old lady who only drove it to church (downhill both ways) on sundays and never got it over 30 miles per hour?
so, what you're saying is "have the brakes checked, they're likely worn thin"?

JordanD1

Post by JordanD1 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:42 pm

LOL! @ palerider just to church and bingo on Saturdays.

accurate

Post by accurate » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:47 pm

Look, this is Jordan's thread. He's made it perfectly clear. I can't understand why he's has to bear seeing other posts on HIS thread. Don't you get it. He wants a thread, he signed up, he's the OP, he has rights, quit posting on friendly, fair, upright, honest, Jordan's thread. He got the cpap fair and square utilizing the finders keepers loser weepers rule. Sure he might be a slum lord, charging an exorbitant amount of money while lead paint peels from the walls. What good is a cpap when your apartment is in the scummiest part of town where police sirens keep you up all night anyway. The previous owner obviously didn't need it, so good old Jordan is actually eco friendly. Yea, that's the ticket. Jordan's re purposing that cpap. And if it just so happens that good old Jordan picks up a couple of shekels in the process, why that's the cost of the energy he used to make his post, on his thread, that he doesn't want anybody else posting too.

So stop.

Need I really put an on this?
Ian McCullough
Accurate Biomed Services Inc.
http://www.acbio.com

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:06 pm

accurate wrote:, he signed up, he's the OP, he has rights, quit posting on friendly, fair, upright, honest, Jordan's thread.
point of order, mr chairman... Jordon slum lord did not, in fact, sign up... he's shouting in through a broken window.

Tatooed Lady

Post by Tatooed Lady » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:11 pm

wait...what's a shekel? Is that a condiment? Or something that requires ointment?

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

JordanD1

Post by JordanD1 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:16 pm

I wouldn't say $400 for an unused machine Is "grossly" inflated, may be somewhat inflated but that's not necessarily the final price, but merely a starting point for negotiation. However Im more than willing to be reasonable with the price if I decide to sell it here. I realize that the people of this forum have more knowledge when it comes to CPAP machines than I, so I'm willing to learn and negotiate the right price. I figured I'd rather get it to the right person than simply throw a machine in perfect condition away. Someone could benefit from it I'm sure. And yes "accurate" the apartments are fairly shitty and the sweet ominous sound of sirens is far from uncommon in and around that complex. I don't own the places tho. I barely break minimum wage at that job.. So hell yea I'm going to pick up a few shekels wherever I can. And post all you want. But people who like to hide behind their keyboard and try to get a rise out of a complete stranger is simply annoying. If you are so lonely and bored with the way your life turned out that you waste your minuscule excuse for an existence talk to people like that then good luck to ya bud! Hope it's working for ya!