Big mistake. Loss all my data.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sonnyboy

Big mistake. Loss all my data.

Post by Sonnyboy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:31 am

I noticed the time was off on my Airsense 10 yesterday by over an hour and attempted to correct this.
In the process I somehow changed the year to 2017.

This morning the Airsense will not let me change the year back to 2015.
The data is erased in the machine.
The sleepyhead data has also erased and started over.

Is there anything I can do now to fix this?
Is the data in the machine erased forever?
Is there anyway to correct the year?

The Welcome statement this morning:
The last time you used your ResMed AutoSet FH...
was -730 days ago (on Monday, April 17, 2017)

I backed up my data yesterday morning.
Is there a way for sleepyhead to merge the data?

Big mistake on my part.

Thank you

ChicagoGranny

Re: Big mistake. Loss all my data.

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:03 am

I can't help you with the date, but I would like to ask a question. Why do you need past data?

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:18 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:I can't help you with the date, but I would like to ask a question. Why do you need past data?
I have the same question?

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:20 am

Sleepyhead should not lose the data. It is still there. History Data on your cpap is not needed.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:24 am

You are going to have to erase all the data on the machine to be able to reset the calendar to correct year.
It won't let you do anything else.
The prior data is gone at least from the machine. Nothing you can do about it now.

I am not sure if you can fix SH but your old data should still be there, you just have to go back to 2015 to get it.
I don't know if you can fix this user profile by selectively removing the recent night with incorrect date.

You can create a new profile and start fresh once you erase the machine and get it reset correctly and use it..

FWIW...I did the same thing with my S9...only it was just a month ahead.
These machines won't ever let us go back if there is data documented on a date....so all you can do is erase everything and start all over totally.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

KillingMe

Post by KillingMe » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:39 am

LSAT wrote:
ChicagoGranny wrote:I can't help you with the date, but I would like to ask a question. Why do you need past data?
Kind of a "Life is not about where you've been, it's about where you are going" attitude?

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:21 am

LSAT wrote:
You are both correct. I do not need it.
Krelvin wrote:Sleepyhead should not lose the data. It is still there. History Data on your cpap is not needed.
The CPAP Statistics Standard shows the exact same data for last year, last 6 months, last 30 days, last week, most recent.
The CPAP Statistics Monthly shows the data correctly but has two April columns.
Maybe this does not matter? You are right, the data is not lost.

A lesser problem is that I saw my sleep doctor on Monday and was told not to change settings.
MD should have noticed 2 months ago that I was changing settings but apparently does not look data. Her office staff reported me to her and also told me that settings did not need to be changed unless the AHI is over 5.

Unfortunately I make mistakes but I do learn from them. I do not see her again for 6 months so I have time to fix my error. I do not want to give the MD ammunition to fuel her belief that patient's are not to change settings.

Truth is she has never changed any settings at all and the settings Wulfman suggested improved both my AHI, leaks, and how I feel. She did not ask about that.

Pugsy,

I found your post about a similar error, made me feel a little bit better that someone as smart as you makes mistakes too.

Re: Erase all the data on the machine and reset the calendar to correct year. I can do this.

Re: I am not sure if you can fix SH but your old data should still be there, you just have to go back to 2015 to get it.
I don't know if you can fix this user profile by selectively removing the recent night with incorrect date.

What steps do I take here???

You can create a new profile and start fresh once you erase the machine and get it reset correctly and use it.

What should I do to get started??? Erase the data, correct the date, use the machine tonight, create a new profile in the morning and start fresh.

Do I have this right or is there something else I need to to ???

Thank you to everyone

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:30 am

In theory there is a way to purge selective dates from SleepyHead...I have never been able to get it to work though...but others have.
If it would work the data with the date of 2017 needs to be purged totally. Someone who is more familiar with actually getting the purge thing to work for them will need to advise you. All it ever did for me was cause SH to freeze up.
If it would work you would end up with no data at all for last night in SH but that's not the end of the world.
You aren't going to be able to fix the date so that you won't lose last night if you want last night to follow previous nights. I don't know of anyway to alter the data files to change the date...that would involve doing stuff I have no idea how to do inside the data files.

Or just leave this user profile as is and start a new user profile after you have done these steps below. I have multiple user profiles for various reasons. Hurts nothing really.

Steps to fix your problem right now....You don't want any more 2017 data files so do this now before machine is used again.
Remove the SD card and erase it....leave it out of the machine for now.
Then erase the therapy data in the machine and make sure that your settings are correct. The settings may or may not revert to default settings. With the S9 they don't unless I do a reset to defaults but I don't know what all the AirSense will change with doing the "erase data" feature. Easy to fix if it does alter the settings.
Once the AirSense has done the erase all therapy data then you will be able to go in and correct the date and time and calendar.
Then insert the SD card into the machine and let it do its thing...no need to do a special reformat of the the SD card because the AirSense machine will do it for you if needed.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:39 am

In SleepyHead there is the "Data" choice in the top menu...and if you open it you can see "advanced" and in advanced is the option to purge data.
I just now tried the "purge selected date" option but it didn't/wouldn't give me an option to select a date.
I don't know if this feature is really supposed to work and I am seeing a bug or if it just hasn't been turned on in this version of SleepyHead that I am using (0.9.8-1 Windows)...or if it is me.
You can try it and see if it works or not for you.

There might be a way to manually go into the backup folder and find the files from last night and manually remove them...and then use the rebuild feature to let SH recalculate everything and thus omit last night's data.
The backup folder is a subfolder in the Profile folder of the Sleepyhead app folder which should be in your MyDocuments folder.

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:02 pm

Or just leave this user profile as is and start a new user profile after you have done these steps below. I have multiple user profiles for various reasons. Hurts nothing really.

Steps to fix your problem right now....You don't want any more 2017 data files so do this now before machine is used again.
Remove the SD card and erase it....leave it out of the machine for now.
Then erase the therapy data in the machine and make sure that your settings are correct. The settings may or may not revert to default settings. With the S9 they don't unless I do a reset to defaults but I don't know what all the AirSense will change with doing the "erase data" feature. Easy to fix if it does alter the settings.
Once the AirSense has done the erase all therapy data then you will be able to go in and correct the date and time and calendar.
Then insert the SD card into the machine and let it do its thing...no need to do a special reformat of the the SD card because the AirSense machine will do it for you if needed.

Thank you Pugsy. This is done now and I will start a new profile.

Re:
Pugsy wrote:In theory there is a way to purge selective dates from SleepyHead...I have never been able to get it to work though...but others have.
If it would work the data with the date of 2017 needs to be purged totally. Someone who is more familiar with actually getting the purge thing to work for them will need to advise you. All it ever did for me was cause SH to freeze up.
If it would work you would end up with no data at all for last night in SH but that's not the end of the world.
You aren't going to be able to fix the date so that you won't lose last night if you want last night to follow previous nights. I don't know of anyway to alter the data files to change the date...that would involve doing stuff I have no idea how to do inside the data files.

and
Pugsy wrote:In SleepyHead there is the "Data" choice in the top menu...and if you open it you can see "advanced" and in advanced is the option to purge data.
I just now tried the "purge selected date" option but it didn't/wouldn't give me an option to select a date.
I don't know if this feature is really supposed to work and I am seeing a bug or if it just hasn't been turned on in this version of SleepyHead that I am using (0.9.8-1 Windows)...or if it is me.
You can try it and see if it works or not for you.

There might be a way to manually go into the backup folder and find the files from last night and manually remove them...and then use the rebuild feature to let SH recalculate everything and thus omit last night's data.
The backup folder is a subfolder in the Profile folder of the Sleepyhead app folder which should be in your MyDocuments folder.
[/quote]

I can experiment with this if I am sure I will not mess things up again?????

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:23 pm

Sonnyboy wrote: I can experiment with this if I am sure I will not mess things up again?????
Let me play around with my stuff first and see if I can get it done without screwing up a bunch of stuff.
I haven't messed around in the backup folder to know what the file structure is but I have multiple user profiles and if I mess one up it isn't the end of the world.

For now just leave things alone and I will let you know if I have success without breaking something or maybe someone else has already done it will come along and can give you the steps.
In theory it should be doable...in real life it might not be so simple. A lot of my ideas turn out to have that end result.

SGearhart

Post by SGearhart » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:00 pm

Sonnyboy,
How many days did you collect data from that had a 2017 date? You should be able to purge each of those days. Look at your calendar on the Daily screen and see if it isn't showing the year 2017. After the purge, go back to the current date on that calendar. Your data should be in the directory: SleepyheadData-Testing->Profiles->(username)->(cpap name S/N)->Backup->Datalog->(year)

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:38 pm

SGearhart wrote:Sonnyboy,
How many days did you collect data from that had a 2017 date? You should be able to purge each of those days. Look at your calendar on the Daily screen and see if it isn't showing the year 2017. After the purge, go back to the current date on that calendar. Your data should be in the directory: SleepyheadData-Testing->Profiles->(username)->(cpap name S/N)->Backup->Datalog->(year)
Hi-
Thank you-

I collected data for one 2017 calendar date.

I used the calendar in sleepyhead to select the 2017 date and then I used the advance function to purge the data and the data did disappear, however when I exited sleepyhead and then re-entered the data reappeared.

I can use the calendar to move back to the current date and I can find all of my past data which is good because I have it handy in the old profile if anyone wants to question my compliance.

I have limited computer skills and someone else set up sleepyhead for me. I am trying to figure out how to create a second profile.
It looks like all I need to do is follow the steps to create a new profile and then tomorrow transfer tonight's data to this profile just like I always do. Almost seems too easy. Am I missing something?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:46 pm

Sonnyboy wrote:I am trying to figure out how to create a second profile.
It looks like all I need to do is follow the steps to create a new profile and then tomorrow transfer tonight's data to this profile just like I always do. Almost seems too easy. Am I missing something?
Not missing anything....creating a new user profile is super easy...that's why I have so many of them.
You don't really need to do anything but create a name and set the time zone for the new profile and skip past all that other stuff and save it.

I am sorry but I haven't had time to try to find a back door removal for the data files from last night.
I also don't know why SleepyHead wants to bring back last night after you purge it. I have never done any of that sort of stuff because I just haven't really needed to have all that old data close by.

Oh...if I were you...when it comes to DST this fall...I don't know that I would be messing with the clock on the machine. I think I would leave it alone.

Sonnyboy

Post by Sonnyboy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:55 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Sonnyboy wrote:
Oh...if I were you...when it comes to DST this fall...I don't know that I would be messing with the clock on the machine. I think I would leave it alone.
No problem. Not ever touching the date again.

I feel like I am ok now, two profiles is doable.

Take some time for yourself.

Thank you

Kathy