How many CPAP users exist, and how much profit do DMEs make?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

accurate

Re: How many CPAP users exist, and how much profit do DMEs make?

Post by accurate » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:17 am

Midnight Strangler wrote:
Population 3,000 and an hour and a half from any mid-size city. What were you going to sell? Three CPAPs per year. Try living off that "50% net profit"!
So, if I understand you correctly, if a person with respiratory problems is unfortunate enough to live over an hour away from a city, then they better learn how to hold their breath. If you had taken the time to really take a look at the Harrison county area, you'd see several small municipalities that surround Bethany including towns in Southern Iowa. I did the market research of DME's in that area and found that the population was woefully under serviced. Also, I was asked by our local county hospital to look into the possibility of an HME in Bethany due to the fact that there was a high incidence of COPD in the surrounding farming communities from breathing dust for so many years. But according to you, because you wouldn't get rich off an ailing population, then they should be satisfied with an early demise.

So before you make anymore asshole sarcastic statements, engage what little grey matter you may still possess and STFU.
Ian McCullough
Accurate Biomed Services Inc.
http://www.acbio.com

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:24 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Gasper62 wrote:I don't need to guess what my insurance paid towards a cheap-ass CPAP hose ($7.25 at CPAP.com) .......they paid $23.91
So you are the one driving costs up! You were knowledgeable and could have paid a measly $7.25. Instead you chose to participate in the system. Shame.

Uhhh, please tell me where is the "shame" in my actually allowing myself to get a benefit from the large sum of monies that I regularly pay my insurance provider in the form of exorbitant premiums. Uncle Sam ain't payin' my tab, I am ! If I can, I will petition my provider to allow and then reimburse future supplies purchased at a reasonable cost from on-line vendors. In cases where my co-pay exceeds the actual cost for an item, I'll definitely purchase those items outright.(I personally contributed $7.97 to the aforementioned hose purchase .) I have just re-entered the world of CPAP after a 5yr. hiatus and just went along with what my Dr. and the DME provider he's associated with recommended. I had no idea how crazy the prices charged/paid were. I fully understand that profits must be realized for any business to remain solvent, it's blatant gouging and it's general acceptance that I do not. Not that I feel any need to justify any of my actions to you, Granny.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:58 pm

accurate wrote:
Midnight Strangler wrote:Population 3,000 and an hour and a half from any mid-size city. What were you going to sell? Three CPAPs per year. Try living off that "50% net profit"!
So before you make anymore asshole sarcastic statements, engage what little grey matter you may still possess and STFU.
but... ignorant asshole sarcastic comments are what midnight strangler is best at!

though his reply to webbie73 was surprisingly accurate and on point.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:58 pm

Gasper62 wrote:Not that I feel any need to justify any of my actions to you, Granny.
Keep thinking like that and we will get along fine.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:03 pm

accurate wrote: a high incidence of COPD
Ah! Now it is starting to make sense. I think you are confusing some people who happen to read your first post into thinking DMEs can make a big profit from sales of CPAP equipment and supplies. (This is a CPAP forum, you know?)

If the DMEs have a lot of COPD patients, they might be able to make good profits off of oxygen and oxygen concentrators, not CPAP.

webbie73

Post by webbie73 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:37 pm

LSAT wrote:
webbie73 wrote:
LSAT wrote:Some people take advantage of their insurance and stockpile supplies in their closet. Often you see them being sold. This causes everyones insurance premiums to go up and benefits go down.
Not everyone who stockpile supplies might be doing it to sell their supplies and make money! Some might be doin for the time they have to pay out of pocket until they reach their deductible.

One of the main reasons your insurance goes up is the uninsured and those on social services. Who do you think pays for them? YOU by premium increases.

You are out of your mind......insurance has nothing to do with the uninsured and those on social services......your taxes pay for that!
You are so full of what makes the grass grow green.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:30 am

webbie73 wrote:You are so full of what makes the grass grow green.
But we love him anyway.