Sex and cpap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Dive Apnea

Re: Sex and cpap

Post by Dive Apnea » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:18 am

Just have a conversation, or send a text, "I have something to tell you before we go further.". He will think the worst, then let him know you have sleep apnea. Don't wear the mask to break the ice, I have sleep apnea, use CPAP religiously, and that would turn me off.
Pressure: 10

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:31 am

If you barely know someone, isn't it a bit early to think about knocking boots?
{{{somebody had to mention this!}}}

Deep Sleep

Post by Deep Sleep » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:35 am

chunkyfrog wrote:I have considered hanging fringe on my P10. q

Relieved_Rita

Post by Relieved_Rita » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:18 am

I like the suggestions--fun topic!

1. I think I'd bring up the topic of snoring. Don't even have to hint about desire to have an overnight together if you're not comfortable hinting.
Everyone is comfortable talking about snoring.
2. Tell him you snore & you use a phenomenal machine that prevents your snoring.
3. Then show him a picture on your phone of someone (not you ...yet) with a mask on. Have the photo readily available on your phone.

Good luck to you! Have fun with this!

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:33 pm

Barbslife wrote:I have finally met a fantastic man. He wants to spend the night together and so do I but how do I pull out the cpap and not scare him off. Obviously i have to prepare him for it but I dont want to wear it when we are together. What have others done?
Oh come on, CPAP machines are everywhere these days. When nightie-night time comes, just put on the mask. If he says anything then ask him, "You mean you don't use CPAP???"

Tatooed Lady

Post by Tatooed Lady » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:51 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:If you barely know someone, isn't it a bit early to think about knocking boots?
True...so be sure clunky footwear is removed before the festivities commence.
Good call, Froggy!

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

But it's me!

Post by But it's me! » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:06 pm

Or you could wear just the mask when he comes to the door. Guarantee he will like the mask, if he sees it at all!

Deep Sleep

Post by Deep Sleep » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:08 pm

Putting on your CPAP will make him feel more comfortable about taking out his teeth.

ALF

Post by ALF » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:11 pm

I think that somebody is missing out on a marketing opportunity to sell 'toys' that use the pressure from a CPAP hose.

"I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?"
- Ernest Hemingway

Hosehead4ever

Post by Hosehead4ever » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:22 pm

My partner is a very light sleeper. When I first started spending the night over at his house, he found the noise of the machine kept him up. So I slept on the couch. We had that arrangement for over a year before he got used to it. Now we've been sleeping in the same bed for two years and he can't hear it at all. In fact, the bugger wakes me up if I fall asleep without my mask on. He is more stringent about me wearing it than I am.

Everyone reacts differently. It wasn't a dealbreaker, we just had to take it slow.

Another friend was in a relationship with a man and also found his machine too loud to fall asleep to so he would wait until she fell asleep to turn on the machine.

What matters is whatever works for you and your bedmate so long as there is respect for your health and not judgement.

dream4sleep

Post by dream4sleep » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:34 am

chunkyfrog wrote:If you barely know someone, isn't it a bit early to think about knocking boots?

Oh come on - your age is showing. My parents thought the way you do - but now days knocking boots sometimes happens on the first date, right after the second glass of wine.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:31 am

dream4sleep wrote:

Oh come on - your age is showing. My parents thought the way you do - but now days knocking boots sometimes happens on the first date, right after the second glass of wine.
Your parents were right...

Sheriff

IreneN

Post by IreneN » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:34 am

So how have you decided to handle it, OP? Hope you didn't NOT wear your mask!

AMK

Post by AMK » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:25 am

I think the bottom line, for this and other issues one might bring to a new relationship, is to not make a big deal out of it. Your date is going to pick up their cues from you, and if you act like cpap is a dreadful, embarrassing secret, then that may affect the response you get.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:26 am

dream4sleep wrote:

LOL that started in the 60's and who needed wine? Just don't forget to get their name and number before they leave. (though mom said soldiers were best because they left town quickly but that was before Dad got home and noticed she had grown up quite nicely)

My daughters "auditioned" the guys before getting serious, why waste energy on bad performance? and if they didn't "respect you afterwards" they were definitely not worth any time or effort.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal