Sex and cpap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Barbslife

Sex and cpap

Post by Barbslife » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:21 pm

I have finally met a fantastic man. He wants to spend the night together and so do I but how do I pull out the cpap and not scare him off. Obviously i have to prepare him for it but I dont want to wear it when we are together. What have others done?

palerider

Re: Sex and cpap

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:26 pm

Barbslife wrote:I have finally met a fantastic man. He wants to spend the night together and so do I but how do I pull out the cpap and not scare him off. Obviously i have to prepare him for it but I dont want to wear it when we are together.
just put it on and go to sleep.

if it freaks him out, he's obviously not so fantastic.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:48 pm

And if he suggests you wear it during sex, put a ring on him!

dream4sleep

Post by dream4sleep » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:49 pm

palerider wrote:
Barbslife wrote:I have finally met a fantastic man. He wants to spend the night together and so do I but how do I pull out the cpap and not scare him off. Obviously i have to prepare him for it but I dont want to wear it when we are together.
just put it on and go to sleep. quote]

after.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:03 pm

Barbslife wrote:I have finally met a fantastic man. He wants to spend the night together and so do I but how do I pull out the cpap and not scare him off. Obviously i have to prepare him for it but I dont want to wear it when we are together. What have others done?
That's a contradiction. No time like the present to find out.
If he can't deal with something that is a benefit to your health, it wasn't meant to be.
Did you snore before you started therapy? That won't be good if you start snoring while you're sleeping.
If HE snores like a freight train, maybe he needs the therapy, too........if he already isn't on it.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:22 pm

dream4sleep wrote:
palerider wrote:
just put it on and go to sleep. quote]
after.
well, yes, of course.

going to sleep during would be too stereotypical, and probably would send the wrong message about what was going on at the time

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Papit

Post by Papit » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:20 pm

Barbslife wrote:I have finally met a fantastic man. He wants to spend the night together and so do I but how do I pull out the cpap and not scare him off. Obviously i have to prepare him for it but I dont want to wear it when we are together. What have others done?
What kind of equipment do you have? I don't think it will be an issue.

Last edited by Papit on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Machine: AirCurve 10 ASV, Mask: AirFit N30i
PulseOx Data-transfer to OSCAR4-23-12http://tinyurl.com/nzd64gu
Wireless SD Card Data-transfer to OSCAR 8-14-15http://tiny.cc/z1kv8x

JimP

Post by JimP » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:12 am

I'd have some fun with it. When he picks you up for a date, have the mask on (not connected to the machine) and pretend its not there. See what happens.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:01 am

Talk to him. Explain it to him. Show it to him. As others have said - if he is worth keeping, he'll be okay with it because it is for YOUR health.

We never know what life is going to deal us. Believe me, I know that first hand. If he can't handle this now, he won't stick around later when life deals even more unpleasant cards.

Barbslife

Post by Barbslife » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:22 am

Thanks for all your suggestions. You are so right. Im not sure if Im up to wearing the mask at the door, but I will consider it! I have the nasal pillow type mask which sometimes moves a bit at night. Thanks for the support, I will talk with him.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:15 am

Wouldn't it be funny if he wore one too?

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:18 am

Barbslife wrote:Thanks for all your suggestions. You are so right. Im not sure if Im up to wearing the mask at the door, but I will consider it! I have the nasal pillow type mask which sometimes moves a bit at night. Thanks for the support, I will talk with him.
If it were me, I'd start out with something like "Before we take this to the next step, I need to tell you that I have Sleep Apnea. Are you familiar with it and the standard treatment for it?" See his reaction and take it from there. It may take him aback a little bit and he might be a little hesitant, but give him a chance to learn about it, see your equipment and get used to the idea of your sleeping with it (not having sex with it, but SLEEPING with it).

sc0ttt

Post by sc0ttt » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:49 am

Madalot wrote:
Barbslife wrote:Thanks for all your suggestions. You are so right. Im not sure if Im up to wearing the mask at the door, but I will consider it! I have the nasal pillow type mask which sometimes moves a bit at night. Thanks for the support, I will talk with him.
If it were me, I'd start out with something like "Before we take this to the next step, I need to tell you that I have Sleep Apnea. Are you familiar with it and the standard treatment for it?" See his reaction and take it from there. It may take him aback a little bit and he might be a little hesitant, but give him a chance to learn about it, see your equipment and get used to the idea of your sleeping with it (not having sex with it, but SLEEPING with it).

THIS! Also maybe start by saying "Seems like we'll be doing it pretty soon, so..." That ought to get him into an attentive mood.

Elle

Post by Elle » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:58 pm

Yeah, you wouldn't want him to know intimate things about you ... like your health.

hyperlexis

Post by hyperlexis » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:27 pm

1.) You should make him wait for it. That will actually get him more interested.

2.) That said, I would explain it, and tell him it stops you from snoring, but I would definitely get the smallest, most discrete nasal pillow mask you can find. Something like the P10 or the Pilario, the Nuance, or the Swift FX. Ideally the P10. And get the pink version. It's the least clinical looking mask out there. Whenever I have someone over... I use the Swift FX. Small, quiet and less intensive care room looking. Plus it works well.

Also, don't have the vent blowing on him either, face opposite, outward....

Once you get engaged you can drag out the Quattro or the Comfortgel FFM and show him what hard core fugly cpap is all about....