Mold in water chamber...what the heck?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Mold in water chamber...what the heck?

Post by palerider » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:05 pm

Too tall wrote:
palerider wrote:
Too tall wrote:Kind of like using a cutting board to slice up chicken, then chopping up lettuce afterward without sterilization.
well, that is almost guaranteed to give you food poisoning
Yes for sure, salmonella is pretty prevalent in chicken now a days. However, Clorox is the way to cleanse and disinfect a cutting board. There's even a procedure on the clorox website. Your Paw Paw was a smart man.
indeed he was. sometimes a bit dodgy with his electrical wiring schemes, but he never electrocuted anybody (except fish) and never burned down anything he didn't intend to burn down.

so, all in all, a pretty good record

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

sleepydc

Re: Mold in water chamber...what the heck?

Post by sleepydc » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:14 pm

danneves7 wrote:I found mold in my water chamber tonight for my Philips Respironics machine and I clean my mask once a week I clean my tubing once a month but I guess I forgot to clean the chamber for god knows how long and I've been having a breathing issues lately and I've been coughing hacking up yellow stuff I think it may have been caused by the mold in my chamber, needless to say I'll be cleaning the chamber weekly now and inspecting it for mold on a regular basis because that was horrible. Does anybody know the exact cleaning protocols for our machines in terms of how regularly we should clean them and what with and how to do it cetera et cetera???
My two cents: use distilled water; every morning empty the tank and lean it against the cover part so that any moisture drains out and it completely dries; and wash it with some soft ivory liquid soap and water once a week. I've been doing that since September 2013 -- with only an occasional submersion in a 2/3 water 1/3 vinegar solution -- and the thing is very clean.