Programs to help get a machine or a kind person with an extr

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MikeyB

Programs to help get a machine or a kind person with an extr

Post by MikeyB » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:45 pm

It has been a long while since, I have posted, finally has another sleep study after not having a machine for years now. Study of course confirmed osa, not the hard part is getting a machine as I do not have insurance and am unable to work do to a disability and am still waiting on a trial date to get ssdi. Any option or help would be a blessing. Thanks Again

Pressure: 10, Ramp: No, C-Flex: 3 .
In Life Sometimes you only have two choices: NUT UP OR SHUTUP!!!!

Wulfman...

Re: Programs to help get a machine or a kind person with an extr

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:24 pm

MikeyB wrote:It has been a long while since, I have posted, finally has another sleep study after not having a machine for years now. Study of course confirmed osa, not the hard part is getting a machine as I do not have insurance and am unable to work do to a disability and am still waiting on a trial date to get ssdi. Any option or help would be a blessing. Thanks Again
Here you go, Mikey.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=104002&start=30

All you have to do is pay shipping.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

MikeyB

Post by MikeyB » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:40 pm

Thanks but it says that it has been removed.

Pressure: 10, Ramp: No, C-Flex: 3 .
In Life Sometimes you only have two choices: NUT UP OR SHUTUP!!!!

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:46 pm

Did you read the last post?

Try PMing the person who posted it and see what he says.

houstonrockets83

Re: Brand New REMstar pro with passover humidifier For Sale

Postby houstonrockets83 on Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:35 pm
If this machine can still be of use to someone, I would like to donate it to you. You pay exact shipping and it's yours.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:27 pm

MikeyB wrote:It has been a long while since, I have posted, finally has another sleep study after not having a machine for years now. Study of course confirmed osa, not the hard part is getting a machine as I do not have insurance and am unable to work do to a disability and am still waiting on a trial date to get ssdi. Any option or help would be a blessing. Thanks Again
there's also this: http://www.sleepapnea.org/resources/cpa ... ogram.html not *free* but doesn't cost much.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

houstonrockets83

Post by houstonrockets83 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:34 pm

I got you mikeyb, If you can use this machine its yours, just pay exact shipping. Let me know what kind of mask you use and size and I will see if I can help u out with that too.

houstonrockets83

Post by houstonrockets83 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:41 pm

I want to make sure this machine will actually help mikeyb, or is it too old? Can some of the experts please chime in on this? Just want to make sure he can use this machine with his prescription.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:00 pm

Unless his pressure needs exceed 20 cm or he needs one of the high end ASV machines for some reason (like excessive centrals) then this machine should cover his basic needs.
The manual can be obtained from here
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p ... tup-manual
I have forgotten exactly which older machine it was but I think it was one of the old Legacy series machines. It's a work horse of a machine....it just has some age to it and limited features (that most of us like) but it still blows air really well.
Very nice of you to donate the machine to someone in need.
houstonrockets83 wrote:I want to make sure this machine will actually help mikeyb, or is it too old? Can some of the experts please chime in on this? Just want to make sure he can use this machine with his prescription.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:08 pm

It's one of these. Maybe the one without C-Flex.:

Den

REMstar Plus CPAP w/C-Flex

1. With the machine plugged into a wall outlet, unplug the cord from the back of the CPAP. Then, press and hold down the two user buttons below the display screen while plugging the cord back into the CPAP, and continue to hold the buttons down until the CPAP beeps. This will indicate that the CPAP is in the Therapy Setup Menu.

2. The display will first show the number of hours the machine has been used. To erase this total and begin again at zero, press and hold the ramp or humidifier button. An “X” will appear on the display. Hold the button down until the time change to “0” and the “X” disappears.

To skip this setting or continue, press the right user button.

3. The elevation setting will appear next. To change this setting, press the ramp or humidifier button until the correct setting appears. Here are the elevation settings: 1 = less than 2,500 ft.; 2 = 2,500 to 5,000 ft.; 3 = 5,001 to 7,500 ft.

4. The therapy mode will appear, either CPAP or CFLEX. To change this setting, press the ramp or humidifier button until the correct setting appears.

5. The CPAP pressure will appear. To change this setting, press the ramp or humidifier button until the correct setting appears.

6. The CPAP fine adjustment setting will appear. This setting allows you to calibrate your CPAP pressure to a manometer. We suggest you do not try to adjust this setting.

7. The CFLEX setting will appear if you selected the CFLEX mode in number 4 above. A setting of 1 offers the least drop in pressure, 3 offers the most. To change this setting, press the ramp or humidifier button until the correct setting appears.

8. The ramp time will appear next. It may be set for 0 to 45 minutes in 5 minute increments. To change this setting, press the ramp or humidifier button until the correct setting appears.

9. The ramp starting pressure will appear. To change this setting, press the ramp or humidifier button until the correct setting appears.

10. The patient disconnect setting will appear. This sounds an alarm when there is a mask leak and turns the airflow off. 1 = On; 0 = Off. To change this setting, press the ramp or humidifier button until the correct setting appears.

There are no other settings available. Press the pressure start/stop button to exit the menu or press the right user button to scroll through the settings again.

REMstar Plus wo/C-Flex Setup

IMPORTANT!
When the device is in the Therapy Setup Menu, the humidifier and ramp buttons operate as up and down keys to change the settings and the pressure on/off button will take you to the next screen.

Therapy Setup Menu
1. Plug the pronged end of the power cord into an electrical outlet. To enter the Therapy Setup Menu hold the ramp and pressure on/off buttons down while plugging the power cord into the device. The airflow will automatically turn ON and the display screen will show the current elevation setting and the unlock symbol.

IMPORTANT!
Prescribed therapy settings can be set only using the Therapy Setup Menu.
To prevent patients from tampering with the settings, the directions to access the Therapy Setup Menu should not be revealed to the patient.

Elevation Setting
a. The elevation setting and symbol will be displayed.
The patient also has access to this setting in the Patient Setup Menu.
Lo = less than 2,500 ft. (<762 m.)
M = 2,500 to 5,000 ft. (762 m. to 1524 m.)
Hi = 5,000 to 7,500 ft. (1525 m. to 2286 m.)

Note: Altitudes of 7,500 ft. (2,286 m.) may affect the accuracy of the pressure. Verify the pressure settings with a water column manometer.

To change the elevation setting, press and release the ramp or humidifier button until the correct setting is displayed.
Press and release the pressure on/off button to go to the next setting.

Pressure Setting
b. The CPAP pressure setting will appear.
To change the setting, press and release the ramp or humidifier button.
Range: 4 to 20 cm H2O (in 1 cm. H2O increments)

Fine Adjustment Setting
c. The CPAP fine adjustment setting will appear. This setting allows you to calibrate the device so that the pressure setting can be verified with a manometer.

If you DO NOT want to calibrate the device, press and release the pressure on/off button to go to the next setting.

If you DO want to calibrate the device, follow the directions below:
1. Connect the patient circuit to the REMstar Plus. Make sure there is an exhalation leak in the circuit.

2. Zero the manometer and connect the manometer at the patient mask. Make sure the pressure has stabilized (let the manometer sit for at least 60 seconds).

3. If the pressure setting is not the same as the manometer reading, press and release the ramp or humidifier button to change the setting.
Range: -0.9 to 0.9 H2O (in 0.1 cm H2O increments)
Press and release the pressure on/off buton to go to the next setting.

Ramp Time Setting
d. The Ramp Time symbol and setting will appear. The patient also has access to this setting in the Patient Setup Menu.
Range: 0 to 45 minutes (in 5 minute increments)
Note: If the ramp time is set to "0" minutes, or if the CPAP pressure setting is 4 cm. H2O, the following ramp setting will not be displayed. Go to Step f.

Ramp Starting Pressure Setting
e. The Ramp Starting Pressure symbol and setting will appear. To change the setting, press and release the ramp or humidifier button.
Range: 4 to Prescription Setting (in 1 cm. H2O increments)

>4 Setting
f. The number of times this device has been used for more than four consecutive hours (>4) will appear. To erase the total and go back to zero, press and release the ramp or humidifier button.
An "X" will appear in the upper left corner and the total will change to "0000". (Pressing the button again will restore the original count)

LED Setting
g. The LED on/off symbol and setting will appear. This setting allows you to have the lights behind the button turned on or off.
The patient also has access to this setting in the Patient Setup Menu.
1 = ON
0 = OFF

Exit Settings
h. To go back to the beginning of the settings, press and release the pressure on/off button.

To exit the Therapy Setup Menu, hold the pressure on/off button down and press the ramp button one time. Release the on/off button. The airflow will turn off.

User since 05/14/05

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:12 pm

OK. Maybe it was the "Pro" model which was discontinued in 2005. These instructions for the Pro 2 will work.

Den

REMstar Pro 2 Setup

When in the Setup Menu, the humidifier ^ and ramp v buttons operate as up and down keys to change the settings, the left/right user buttons < > allow you to go to the previous/next question or setting, and the pressure start/stop button is used to exit the Setup Menu. Holding the humidifier or ramp buttons down will cause the values to change more quickly.

To enter the Therapy Setup Menu, hold the two top user buttons < > down while plugging in the power cord.
Continue holding the buttons down until the REMstar Pro 2 with C-Flex beeps twice.

Note: The word "setup" will appear on all of the screens indicating that you are in the Therapy Setup Menu.
If you press the Pressure start/stop button, you will exit the Setup Menu.

a. Compliance hours/nights: (recommend leaving alone, but CAN be cleared at this point)
Select next setting with >

b. Therapy mode: (CPAP or CFLE) select with ^ or v

c. CPAP or CFLE pressure setting: Select with ^ or v

d. C-Flex mode (if you chose CFLE mode): Select setting 1, 2 or 3 with ^

e: Ramp time setting: Select with ^ or v
(ramp time will be turned off with a setting of 0:00)

f. Ramp pressure setting: Select with ^ or v

g. Patient disconnect setting: 1 = on 0 = off Select with ^ or v

h. Buttons lights setting: 1 = on 0 = off Select with ^ or v

(Last setting. Use On/Off button to exit Setup)

User since 05/14/05

houstonrockets83

Post by houstonrockets83 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:26 pm

Awesome, thanks for the help. I also have the the original user manual for it, remstar pro with c-flex is what is says

houstonrockets83

Post by houstonrockets83 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:39 pm

and for the record mikeyb if for some reason you cant afford the shipping ( trust me bro, I've had hard times myself) I will make sure the cpap gets to you.

Elle

Post by Elle » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:50 pm

❤️

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:55 pm

+ infinity.

winnie

Post by winnie » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:00 pm

I'm new here but I'm really liking this forum. Good people here.