Newbie asks how to monitor Sa02 while sleeping with CPAP?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tedburnsIII

Re: Received pulse ox Friday! So far, so BAD

Post by tedburnsIII » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:12 am

Received 50D Plus in Friday's post! Super-fast shipment!

At the outset, and from the down, down, downside. and I can't believe no one mentioned this about the tiny software CD-Rom that comes with it- it is STUCK in my DVD/CD Rom drive. I can open the gate and close the CD door/gate whatever, but it is somewhere down there and can not get it to spin/operate because it apparently FELL DOWN in there. And I can't ascertain its whereabouts with a flashlight.

WHAT A PITA!!! I am so disappointed and so frustrated. I thought the CD would fit in my drive even though it's diameter was considerably smaller than a regualr CD, because it sort of fit in the inner track of the carriage frame. It would not stay stationary in that inner track as the drive door closed!

F!@#$%^&*(()_+FFFFFFFF!!!!

PITA PITA PITA!!! .

Going to bed. Feel like taking a tranq!
Machine - https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmart ... ducts.html
Setting: APAP, 10.5-14cm
Software: Proprietary
Mask- PR Wisp nasal (large); ResMed FX Nasal (wide);
Oximeter: CMS50D+

Julie

Re: Newbie asks how to monitor Sa02 while sleeping with CPAP?

Post by Julie » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:24 am

Ted, I use a Mac and when I got the disk I called Kevin and he sent me a large one.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:40 am

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Too tall

Post by Too tall » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:33 am

I tried the cheap stuff and decided it wasn't adequate. I ended up getting the noonin 2500A (the A is for Alarm). I bought the Foxpro software which is the industry standard used by nearly every DME etc... I went with the slip over the finger sensor which is much more comfortable and reliable than the clip ons. The bad news is this is about a $1000 spend but for me, worth it.
System One RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ (460P)

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:17 am

Julie wrote:Ted, I use a Mac and when I got the disk I called Kevin and he sent me a large one.
I am going to make a very long story very short here: I was up to 3:30 a.m. because of how I MESSED UP MY COMPUTER in solving the disc problem.

Was able to retrieve that CD only by turning computer tower upside down and then on its side. Computer tower had to be ON to do that...

Once I got it out using light shake and gravity, I then had a problem with the computer itself. I could not get a screen to display and had received a warning that 'Input signal out of range- set to 1366 x768-60hz'.

Then I spent hours trying to get my usual screen back, tried everything from Chk Dsk, Windows Safe Mode, System Restore! uggh

Anyone guess why I had such a problem?

I will post answer at 10:00 am PDT today. Feel free to PM if you don't want to post here.

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:28 am

Too tall wrote:I tried the cheap stuff and decided it wasn't adequate. I ended up getting the noonin 2500A (the A is for Alarm). I bought the Foxpro software which is the industry standard used by nearly every DME etc... I went with the slip over the finger sensor which is much more comfortable and reliable than the clip ons. The bad news is this is about a $1000 spend but for me, worth it.
My DME would be providing a Respironics 'Noonan' but for one night only, and I have a prescription for it. So I'd not be able to titrate at different fixed levels on daily basis. I think that it might be helpful if machine is set to Auto-CPAP with a narrow range for that one night only. Can't get results directly- DME downloads and sends to one's doctor.

There is a bit of a learning curve with the 50D Plus, I am not in a position to judge it yet.

Last night I taped it to my finger and it was still on in the morning. Record was ON the entire night. I could not get it to display anything, though with the software I downloaded to my computer, but I think that another error might have been made by me when I attached the unit to the computer during the software download process.

Can anyone guess what error I may have made during the installation process?

Answer will be provided at 10:00 am PDT today.
Last edited by tedburnsIII on Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:31 am

Julie wrote:Ted, I use a Mac and when I got the disk I called Kevin and he sent me a large one.
I see why such a small disk is provided- otherwise it would not fit in the compact package. The MANUAL should at least give a warning about this issue.

I kept my tower flat on its side and was able to download the software no problem. Gravity works.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:48 am

pebkac.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:58 am

Pugsy wrote:I just downloaded the software.

http://www.coopermedical.com/content/manuals-downloads
Wow! Once again, valuable assistance! I may have wasted last night. Why?

Because I never got two icons on my desktop. The only thing apparently downloaded was the Assistant from that mini-CD.

Now I need to figure out what to do. Remember, that I have data from last night and only have the Assistant.

Don't even know which of the downloads I should do and, if possible, I'd rather not forfeit what I do have in the ox's memory.

Running Windows Vista Home Edition, don't know which version- forget how to get that info.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:04 am

I am sorry but I don't remember which software to download. It's been a couple of years since I used the pulse ox.

Email Kevin and ask him what you need to work with your pulse ox on your computer's OS and he will tell you..
He sent me an email explaining things and steps to do.

Alternately...you can use Sleepyhead and it might be simpler in the long run.
I had an easy time with the regular software because Kevin pointed me to what to use. I am sorry but I no longer have his directions in my emails.
And it might not help because I have Windows 7 and not Vista.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:07 am

palerider wrote:pebkac.
Little doubt, but I think that I will go back to ignoring you anyway.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:15 am

Pugsy wrote:Alternately...you can use Sleepyhead and it might be simpler in the long run..
SH won't give the analysis report that the spo2 asst will, however.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:28 am

palerider wrote: SH won't give the analysis report that the spo2 asst will, however.
True...but if all someone wants to know generally is "did I desat" and if I did "how much and how often" it's fairly easily seen on SleepyHead.

Give him at least something to look at while sorting out the Spo2 programs.

tedburnsIII

Post by tedburnsIII » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:56 pm

Okay, I have printed an oximetry report. And BTW, I have two icons on my desktop, one read and one green. The green is the one to double-click.

I did print an oximetry report but it is now a pdf and I don't know how to embed that here unless I make a photo of it. Don't understand how all these other peeps seem to have no problem doing it in imgur, but I am used to photobucket.
Will go to imgur but I don't use Sleephead due to my xPAP incompatibility, and I am trying to use the software that comes with the ox instead of SH at this time for it.

It seems that one does NOT wait with 50D Plus but must manipulate it (the 50D Plus) to upload and to get a display.

check out this useful page for help with the software: http://www.coopermedical.com/themes/def ... manual.pdf

- but I need further help and will indeed call Kevin now or if unavailable- on Monday. I have yet to speak to him.
Last edited by tedburnsIII on Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:24 pm

Pugsy wrote:
palerider wrote: SH won't give the analysis report that the spo2 asst will, however.
True...but if all someone wants to know generally is "did I desat" and if I did "how much and how often" it's fairly easily seen on SleepyHead.

Give him at least something to look at while sorting out the Spo2 programs.
true enough