Can I use Sleepyhead with my new Aircurve 10 ASV?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Can I use Sleepyhead with my new Aircurve 10 ASV?

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:56 am

Personal information in SleepyHead user profile? You don't really have to add any of it...main thing is to select the correct time zone and nothing else is critical. I don't bother with any of that other stuff as I have never seen that it really does anything. For sure DON'T do the password protect thing or you will live to regret it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JV1967

Post by JV1967 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:52 am

Pugsy wrote:Personal information in SleepyHead user profile? You don't really have to add any of it...main thing is to select the correct time zone and nothing else is critical. I don't bother with any of that other stuff as I have never seen that it really does anything. For sure DON'T do the password protect thing or you will live to regret it.

I just put my name, email, and birthdate. Did not password protect. Some of the report is in my thread that shows up near the top of the queue on the board.
AirCurve10 ASV Bilevel, with Humidifier. F&P Simplus FFM. Using Sleepyhead software.

JV1967

Post by JV1967 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:01 am

Copied and pasted from other thread.

I just imported the info from my card to Sleepyhead. I can see where I had shut the machine off to get up to pee. First part of the night was 0.0 AHI, then second sleep 0.10 with 1 hypopnea.

Average leak rate is 4.22, and 90% leak rate is 13.20, % of time above leak rate threshold is 0.01%

Avg pressure 9.55, max pressure 18.16, 90% pressure 13.40
AirCurve10 ASV Bilevel, with Humidifier. F&P Simplus FFM. Using Sleepyhead software.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:23 am

Good job. You have SleepyHead up and running.
Now when you have time (and if you ever want us to be able to see what you are seeing) you might read this thread
viewtopic/t103468/Need-help-with-screen-shots.html
as it has some examples of what we normally like to see (we don't need or want every single graph that SleepyHead gives you)
and how to share those images
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

The 90/95% numbers in SleepyHead (or ResScan) only mean that you are AT OR BELOW that number for 90/95% of the night. It does not mean that is the overall average for the night or you spent 90/95% of the night at that number.
The "or below" part of the definition often gets overlooked.

In general your numbers that you reported for last night are pretty much what I would expect.
Some leaking going on with the mask but you already knew that.
AHI is very good and what I would expect with your machine.

I think that you are going to find that mask issues/leaks are going to be your primary hurdle and it's fairly common to have to sort through mask fit and leaks. Don't be afraid to try different masks because they aren't all equal.
Why are you using a full face mask? Can you normally breathe through your nose okay or do you have chronic nasal congestion issues that mandate a full face mask?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JV1967

Post by JV1967 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:57 pm

Pugsy wrote:Good job. You have SleepyHead up and running.
Now when you have time (and if you ever want us to be able to see what you are seeing) you might read this thread
viewtopic/t103468/Need-help-with-screen-shots.html
as it has some examples of what we normally like to see (we don't need or want every single graph that SleepyHead gives you)
and how to share those images
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

The 90/95% numbers in SleepyHead (or ResScan) only mean that you are AT OR BELOW that number for 90/95% of the night. It does not mean that is the overall average for the night or you spent 90/95% of the night at that number.
The "or below" part of the definition often gets overlooked.

In general your numbers that you reported for last night are pretty much what I would expect.
Some leaking going on with the mask but you already knew that.
AHI is very good and what I would expect with your machine.

I think that you are going to find that mask issues/leaks are going to be your primary hurdle and it's fairly common to have to sort through mask fit and leaks. Don't be afraid to try different masks because they aren't all equal.
Why are you using a full face mask? Can you normally breathe through your nose okay or do you have chronic nasal congestion issues that mandate a full face mask?
Going to perhaps try some other masks, and yes, I have a nasal issue that cannot be treated with inhalers or decongestants, as I am on an anxiolytic drug, and they don't play well together.