How do I access my data? I have an AirCurve 10 ASV.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JV1967

How do I access my data? I have an AirCurve 10 ASV.

Post by JV1967 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:51 pm

He left this pamphlet for u-sleep, but I went to the site, and it seems to be doctor centered. I want to see my reports. My machine has a modem in it. Can I use Sleepyhead with this thing?

Please help. Thank you.
AirCurve10 ASV Bilevel, with Humidifier. F&P Simplus FFM. Using Sleepyhead software.

palerider

Re: How do I access my data? I have an AirCurve 10 ASV.

Post by palerider » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:55 pm

JV1967 wrote:Can I use Sleepyhead with this thing?
mostly, there's a few inconsequential things that don't work exactly right in the aircurves, but SH probably works 95% or so. far better than the myair thing.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

squid13

Post by squid13 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:49 pm

I have just looked through the Clinician Manual for the Aircurve 10 ASV and I can not find a for her mode. So what makes it a for her, the color or did I miss something. As an ASV user I my update to a Aircurve 10 someday and I would like to know.

Last edited by squid13 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:57 pm

squid13 wrote:I have just looked through the Clinician Manual for the Aircurve 10 ASV and I can not find a for her mode. So what makes it and a for her, the color or did I miss something. As an ASV user I my update to a Aircurve 10 someday and I would like to know.
the only 'for her' is the autoset. OP is mildly confused.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

squid13

Post by squid13 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:02 pm

palerider wrote:the only 'for her' is the autoset. OP is mildly confused.
That is what I thought but maybe she knows something that I don't know so I thought I'd ask.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

JV1967

Post by JV1967 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:57 am

The DME guy said it was "for her."
AirCurve10 ASV Bilevel, with Humidifier. F&P Simplus FFM. Using Sleepyhead software.

JV1967

Post by JV1967 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:12 am

squid13 wrote:I have just looked through the Clinician Manual for the Aircurve 10 ASV and I can not find a for her mode. So what makes it a for her, the color or did I miss something. As an ASV user I my update to a Aircurve 10 someday and I would like to know.
Yes, it's the color.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:05 am

squid13 wrote:
That is what I thought but maybe she knows something that I don't know so I thought I'd ask.
OP is pretty short on clue. perhaps hasn't noticed that all the aircurve machines are not black. that's not the same as having "for her" in the lower right corner

archangle

Post by archangle » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:15 am

JV1967 wrote:
squid13 wrote:I have just looked through the Clinician Manual for the Aircurve 10 ASV and I can not find a for her mode. So what makes it a for her, the color or did I miss something. As an ASV user I my update to a Aircurve 10 someday and I would like to know.
Yes, it's the color.
The AutoSet for Her says that in the lower right corner. Does yours say "ASV for Her." or jut ASV?

The AirCurve machines are white/silver like the AutoSet for Her.

Does it look like this:

or this:

Lighten up, palerider. Apparently, the DME told her it was a "for her" model because of the color. Not everyone realizes that many DME's are below used car dealers on the honesty scale. And below computer salesmen on the knowledge sale.

Q: What's the difference between a computer salesman and a used car salesman?

A: The computer salesman knows he's lying to you.

I think a lot of DME's sort of do both. They don't know what they're doing and they're lying anyway.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

JV1967

Post by JV1967 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:26 am

archangle wrote:
JV1967 wrote:
Yes, it's the color.
The AutoSet for Her says that in the lower right corner. Does yours say "ASV for Her." or jut ASV?

The AirCurve machines are white/silver like the AutoSet for Her.

Does it look like this:

or this:

Lighten up, palerider. Apparently, the DME told her it was a "for her" model because of the color. Not everyone realizes that many DME's are below used car dealers on the honesty scale. And below computer salesmen on the knowledge sale.

Q: What's the difference between a computer salesman and a used car salesman?

A: The computer salesman knows he's lying to you.

I think a lot of DME's sort of do both. They don't know what they're doing and they're lying anyway.
The second one, and yes, the DME guy did have that shady, used car salesman thing going on. Thankfully, as before mentioned, one of the women who is a secretary there is very nice to me, and super helpful, so that's why I don't mind dealing with this particular company.

JV1967

Post by JV1967 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:31 am

Stupid question time again...

Am I supposed to leave it plugged in when not using it? I was told to do so, so that data can be transmitted. Please forgive my farty mcfartypants, aerophagia spouting, dry mouth sporting, hissing air from mask at 4 in the morning noobishness. Thank you for your help. It means a lot to me, because having to use a machine that makes sure you don't stop breathing, or shallow breathe is scary enough; not knowing what's causing it, because the f***ing neurologist won't send you for an MRI. I am SO THANKFUL I FOUND THIS SITE!!!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:32 am

JV1967 wrote: The second one, and yes, the DME guy did have that shady, used car salesman thing going on.
He was probably trying to make you feel "special"...let's leave it at that and not point out the fact that he either doesn't know the equipment or just preferred to flat out lie.

The reason we all jumped on this was because the only real "for Her" machine is the AutoSet and if you had been given the AutoSet for Her then that would be a totally inappropriate machine for you in your situation and it's sad to say but sometimes DMEs dispense the wrong machine. We just wanted to make sure that you got the right machine.
That's why we wanted to make sure about the machine you did receive.

Yes...you can just leave it plugged into the electric source all the time. Won't hurt a thing.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JV1967

Post by JV1967 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:36 am

palerider wrote:
squid13 wrote:
OP is pretty short on clue. perhaps hasn't noticed that all the aircurve machines are not black. that's not the same as having "for her" in the lower right corner
Last night was my first night ever using a machine. I am short on clue, because this is all completely new to me. The irony of this is that I built my own music recording computer, but this ASV stuff confuses me. I think it's likely due to the fact that I'm otherwise a nervous wreck at the moment about a few other life issues.

"OP" is pretty f*cked up, but trying her best to get well, and to get used to all of this.

JV1967

Post by JV1967 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:37 am

Pugsy wrote:
JV1967 wrote: The second one, and yes, the DME guy did have that shady, used car salesman thing going on.
He was probably trying to make you feel "special"...let's leave it at that and not point out the fact that he either doesn't know the equipment or just preferred to flat out lie.

The reason we all jumped on this was because the only real "for Her" machine is the AutoSet and if you had been given the AutoSet for Her then that would be a totally inappropriate machine for you in your situation and it's sad to say but sometimes DMEs dispense the wrong machine. We just wanted to make sure that you got the right machine.
That's why we wanted to make sure about the machine you did receive.

Yes...you can just leave it plugged into the electric source all the time. Won't hurt a thing.
Spot on about that guy.

I got the right machine, I was just being a noob. (((HUGS))) Pugsy.

JV1967

Post by JV1967 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:38 am

I also forgot to mention that one of the other women at the DME had originally told me my machine would be black, so... that is not entirely my own idiocy.