Newbie just had my CPAP Titration done, need insight/advice!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SewTired

Re: Newbie just had my CPAP Titration done, need insight/advice!

Post by SewTired » Sat May 02, 2015 8:41 pm

I'm a newbie myself (still waiting to get titration so I can get a machine), but my disabled bro has a bipap. I can almost guarantee you that unless something specific shows up in your sleep study, you will be issued a C-Pap first. My bro was given a bipap right off the bat because his issue is limited lung capacity, not sleep apnea. If you want to break that chain, you would have to pay for the bipap out of pocket. That may be an option for you especially if you want to snag one from Craigslist (see all the advice on this forum before going that direction).

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

palerider

Re: Newbie just had my CPAP Titration done, need insight/advice!

Post by palerider » Sat May 02, 2015 9:32 pm

SewTired wrote:you would have to pay for the bipap out of pocket. That may be an option for you especially if you want to snag one from Craigslist (see all the advice on this forum before going that direction).
there's also a couple members here who find deals and then quietly hook up members with them, trying to help folks out.

bilevels for well under half price... sometimes much less

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.