They could hear the devil breathing calmly.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Hang Fire

They could hear the devil breathing calmly.

Post by Hang Fire » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:15 pm

ChicagoGranny

Re: They could hear the devil breathing calmly.

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:22 pm

It's a strange case from what I heard today.

If he did it, I like to think glowing hot coals are significantly engaged with him today.

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:12 pm

Why would someone post a picture of an alleged mass murderer on a cpap forum?

Very poor judgment, and just a dumb thing to do here!

Last edited by TangledHose on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Link to Sleepyhead:
http://sleepfiles.com/SH2/

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:27 pm

Actually, that was the first time I had seen the picture. I had heard about it, but hadn't seen it yet in my Internet browsing. It took me a few seconds to realize who it actually was......so, I saved it......to add to my file folder of some of the "scumbags of history".......while it was still available.

Thanks "Hang Fire" for posting it.

Edited: to clarify the identity of the OP.

Den

Last edited by Wulfman... on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:43 pm

Wulfman... wrote:Thanks CG for posting it.
I did not post it, but I don't have any problem with it being here. There is a history of discussing many off-topic subjects here.

CBS Evening News led with the photo tonight and I have also seen it on CNN over and over and then on the internet it's on every news site.

Some people just like to spout off objecting to things like this because they think it makes them look cool for "taking the moral high ground". To me they are just being smug.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:54 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:Thanks CG for posting it.
I did not post it, but I don't have any problem with it being here. There is a history of discussing many off-topic subjects here.

CBS Evening News led with the photo tonight and I have also seen it on CNN over and over and then on the internet it's on every news site.

Some people just like to spout off objecting to things like this because they think it makes them look cool for "taking the moral high ground". To me they are just being smug.
I'm sorry. It was "Hang Fire" who posted it and it is still visible if you do a reply to this thread.

But, yeah, this is a very disturbing situation as to why this happened. Hopefully they will find out more, but it won't bring back those 150 people.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Elle

Post by Elle » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:57 pm

What are you talking about?

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:00 pm

Elle wrote:What are you talking about?
It was a picture of the co-pilot who crashed that plane into the side of the mountain in the Alps.......killing all aboard.
If you do a reply to this thread, it'll be visible if you slide the posts up to the first one. It was deleted, but is still there.

Den

User since 05/14/05

Elle

Post by Elle » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:05 pm

Ah thanks Den. I saw that on the news. He looked "normal". eesh

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:07 pm

The less said, the better. Every inch in print encourages these . . . (i can't even think of an adequate obscenity)

Elle

Post by Elle » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:12 pm

Once you're that far off the track I wonder if you need encouragement?

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:40 pm

Isn't that the guys smiling face on the top of Fox news dot com? I don't even think the devil wants this guy.
Morbius, are you bored?

Cereal Killer

Post by Cereal Killer » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:11 pm

postitnote wrote:Isn't that the guys smiling face on the top of Fox news dot com? I don't even think the devil wants this guy.
That photo is on every news website. No problem with it being here.

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:24 pm

I have been a member of this forum since early 2013, not a long timer like many, but not a total newbie either. In that time I have only clicked on the "Spam" button once on a post that was an obvious commercial advertisement, and when I did click the "Spam" button that time I got a message back from the system that stated that the post in question had already been tagged as Spam, and nothing happened to the original post, it remained visible while I was logged on.

Now I am fully aware that this is a relatively tight community and many friendships are formed over long periods of time, and that's a very nice feature of this forum. I don't care if people joke with each other or engage in ribbing or rivalry, or post "Off Topic" ......perfectly normal in my book, and it ads to the community feeling and sense of comraderie, all the better.

But, that being said, I came on this afternoon after seeing that pilots face all over the Internet and all over cable TV, the OP did not list his post as off topic (OT) and it was a curious title to the post, so naturally I clicked on it and there was no explanation or text just that same damn picture that I'd already gotten sick of from the Media and Internet overkill! So, not knowing that clicking on the "Spam"" button, as I had in the past with no result, was going to delete the post I did hit the "Spam" button not expecting that my action was going to delete the guy's post. I was totally shocked when his post and picture disappeared! That was not my intention, I simply thought that my clicking on the Spam button was going to bring the board moderators attention to the fact that it was a post that was not really appropriate for this cpap forum. So I humbly offer my apologies to the forum and the OP, I am sorry and I won't be hitting the Spam button in the future, lesson learned. I was not trying to act as the forum police, nor was I "trying to be cool, or take the moral high ground". I fully realize that this is an open, public forum and one has to be aware that you get a little bit of everything on a public forum, like it or not.

However, I will say this: when someone is posting "Off Topic" I think it would be nice to follow the accepted protocol that has been established here and preface the post's subject with "OT" to give people fair warning that the post may not be related to cpap therapy.

And I stick to my guns that simply posting a picture, with no explanation, of someone that may very well turn out to be the murderer of 149 other innocent souls is not in anyway shape or form appropriate for a forum that is here for assisting people with their pap therapy. Let the media outlets and Internet sites overload us by glorifying this guy's image and name, we will all get plenty of that over the next few weeks, but how bout not brining it here so we can get even more exposure to this demented nut case when all most people on this forum want to see or read about is cpap therapy information and related medical topics, this just is not the proper venue for pictures of mass murders.

I mean how would the forum members here like it if I were to start a thread with an ambiguous title and no "OT" warning and the post simply contained a picture of Charles Manson.....would you be cool with that?

Well, enough said, and I do apologize for accidentally deleting the OP's post. I have now learned the hard way what happens when I click on the infamous "Spam Button".

P.S. I am a retired commercial airline pilot with a long, successful, accident free record with a major U.S. Carrier. I think the OP's post this afternoon just caught me off guard and really hit my sensitive button!

My heart goes out to all those that lost loved ones in this terrible tragedy, and I just hate to see the industry that I dedicated my professional career to drug through the muck like this, it was such a needless waste of innocent human life!

Last edited by TangledHose on Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Link to Sleepyhead:

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:58 pm

Hang Fire wrote:Image
There,

I believe I may have now resurrected Hang Fire's Origional post........for your enjoyment

Link to Sleepyhead: