ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9 autoset: Update please

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
avi123

Re: ResMed AirSense 10 vs. S9 autoset: Update please

Post by avi123 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:52 pm

RERAs are included in UARs and the S9 machines show it. Best treatment for UARs is CPAP.

avi123

Post by avi123 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:21 pm

Physician wrote:
avi123 wrote:I am also in the marker to replace my S9 autoset machine with a new s10 AirsSence. I plan to have CPaP.COM give me a complete data comparison of the two machines , The S9 Autoset with a humidifier and the S10 Airsense with a humidifier. I hear that the 10 Airsense is much noisier.

Much noisier ? That's a selling point. Would you kindly post that comparison when available ?
I'd get the AS10 if it's therapeutically better than the S9,
I bought S10 Auto Set, I love all the features about it, and design. But it's very noisy @ 14 cm H2O (that's my minimum). When I inhale the CPAP sounds like turbo charged car. Too much noise for me, and my partner. That's the reason I am looking for a device that helps me to attenuate the noise coming to mask. But thinking to the overall noise, I think it will be better to buy a new CPAP, I am thinking on S9. Does anyone has some feedback on this CPAP noise level?

Best regards,
F.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=106554&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15

okitoki

Post by okitoki » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:07 pm

Have been using my S9 since 2013, and has been pretty awesome; But been having some issues recently due to my F&P Pilairo falling apart.
So after browsing cpap.com, found the Airsense, and am very interested to see if its worth updating to a new toy....

When I first had the S9, it was a big improvement over the S8 i had before. super silent running. However, recently it has been a lot louder particularly when it comes to my breathing noise. Wear and tear and time for upgrade?

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:13 pm

A two year old s9 (whatever model) should not be having problems. What have you done to find the cause of the noise?
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

okitoki

Post by okitoki » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:46 pm

No idea to be honest.

I understand most noises comes from the humidifier section, but not sure how to rectify the noise issues.

Physician

Post by Physician » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:08 pm

okitoki wrote:Have been using my S9 since 2013, and has been pretty awesome; But been having some issues recently due to my F&P Pilairo falling apart.
So after browsing cpap.com, found the Airsense, and am very interested to see if its worth updating to a new toy....

When I first had the S9, it was a big improvement over the S8 i had before. super silent running. However, recently it has been a lot louder particularly when it comes to my breathing noise. Wear and tear and time for upgrade?

My five+ year old S9 is quiet and excellent. Amazing that the blower/fan lasts this long. Problem of changing to the AS10 is the leftover supplies for this S9. If any machine is not quiet, that "white noise" that could aid sleeping.

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:56 pm

I bought an S9 Autoset shortly after the model initially launched and had used it successfully for ~5 years. After that, it was time to get a new device, retire the S9 to a backup role and sell my previous backup device (an S8 Autoset).

My health insurer gave me some $$$ towards a new unit and I found a supplier who would give me $$$ trade-in on the S8, so I bought an A10 Autoset at what for me was a very acceptable price.

In my overall experience the A10 is basically a better S9. I download my data to ResScan once a week, so my overall data experience is exactly the same. There is some additional data available from the A10, but I have not learned anything new about my xPAP usage from it.

In terms on nightly usability, there is not a great deal of difference. I have my xPAP machine on the floor and the A10 display is a lot easier to read from a prone position. My wife likes the lower display intensity when the bedroom is dark. The swivel connector on the climateline hose had proven useful when I am travelling and may need to put the xPAP in a different position to where I use it at home. I like the A10 humidifier which is easier to both fill and clean, but I need to refill it everyday, whereas I could always get two days out of a fill of the S9 tank - that was just a matter of training myself to remember to refill it after I got up in the morning. I haven't had any noise issues with the A10 tank.

For my settings, there is no significance difference in power consumption between the S9 and A10 (my A10 does not have a cell modem) - duration on battery operation is the same to within a minute or two.

Cheers,
Bill

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:23 pm

Physician wrote:
My five+ year old S9 is quiet and excellent. Amazing that the blower/fan lasts this long. Problem of changing to the AS10 is the leftover supplies for this S9. If any machine is not quiet, that "white noise" that could aid sleeping.
What leftover supplies would that be other than the heated hose? Everything I had for my S9, including filters, works on the Airsense, except the heated hose. Not sure what I'm going to do with that yet. I'm still in the process of saving for a backup unit and not sure what that will be.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:24 pm

Physician wrote:
What leftover supplies would that be other than the heated hose or maybe an extra humidifier tub? Everything I had for an S9, including filters, works on the Airsense, except the heated hose. Not sure what I'm going to do with that yet. I'm still in the process of saving for a backup unit and not sure what that will be.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

Physician

Post by Physician » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:51 am

SewTired wrote:
Physician wrote:
What leftover supplies would that be other than the heated hose or maybe an extra humidifier tub? Everything I had for an S9, including filters, works on the Airsense, except the heated hose. Not sure what I'm going to do with that yet. I'm still in the process of saving for a backup unit and not sure what that will be.

The left over humidifier tanks and hoses and power supply would not fit. BUT disregarding these, even through I can get either for free,m I cannot find a compelling reason to get an AS10. I do not needs the wireless function= nor the swivel connection.

So how many of you, if the unit cost you nothing, would get the AS10 instead of the S9 ?

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:19 am

I got the S9 VPAP Auto in Sept last year. At the time, the Aircurve 10 was not really available yet. I never got to see one physically until recently and really like my S9 instead (lower profile, detachable Humidity). Not sure of the weight differences though. I just did my first trip with it and it traveled well.

I don't need the wireless reporting in it as I used a WiFi SDCard already and get my data without taking the data card out all the time (each time I get up actually). Mainly because it is very easy to do and I have nothing to do when I first get up anyways.

I don't think there is any real difference in algorithms between the S9 VPAP Auto and the AirCurve 10 V Auto.

For just an Airsense 10 Autoset vs S9 Autoset, there is the for her model, but I don't think a lot of users really would benefit from that (IMHO).
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
Kevin... alias Krelvin

hpm08161947

Post by hpm08161947 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:37 am

Krelvin wrote:I

I don't need the wireless reporting in it as I used a WiFi SDCard already and get my data without taking the data card out all the time (each time I get up actually). Mainly because it is very easy to do and I have nothing to do when I first get up anyways.
Would you tell me how the WiFi SDCard works with your OS? By that, I mean does it appear like another hard drive? Also I see 32G ones available..... would an AirSense 10 accept that? As you can see... I have no clue, but suspect that taking the SD out everyday can not help in the long run. Thanks

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:40 am

hpm08161947 wrote:
Krelvin wrote:I don't need the wireless reporting in it as I used a WiFi SDCard already and get my data without taking the data card out all the time (each time I get up actually). Mainly because it is very easy to do and I have nothing to do when I first get up anyways.
Would you tell me how the WiFi SDCard works with your OS? By that, I mean does it appear like another hard drive? Also I see 32G ones available..... would an AirSense 10 accept that? As you can see... I have no clue, but suspect that taking the SD out everyday can not help in the long run. Thanks
I have used two applications which do this. Both get the data and store it on your workstation where SleepyHead can get to it. I use a Toshiba FlashAir WiFi SDCARD W-03 16GB card which is more than enough. 32gb is kind of over kill as even 16GB. I've not tried the 8GB card.

There are open topics on both of them.

FlashPAP
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105683&st=0&sk=t&sd ... t=flashpap
https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/flashpap

SleepMaster
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=103235&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er#p969526
https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepmaster
Kevin... alias Krelvin

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:05 pm

The way the wifi sdcards work is that the card gets an IP address on your network. You can go that IP address in your browser and see the folders and files that are on the cpap machine and copy them, if you like. In fact, what the mentioned utilities do is just to automate this process as well as making setting up the card in the first place easier. So the sdcard becomes a node on your local network that does nothing but serve the files contained on the sdcard.

Physician

Post by Physician » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:39 am

Ready to order a new CPAP machine this week. After six years of doing fine (AHI 0.1) on an S9, still wonder if I should change to an AS10 or change to a brand other than ResMed. Do NOT need wireless reporting.

Is there any machine by any manufacturer which is better than the S9 ? If so,which one and how/why ?