CPAP Bed Pillows- good ones- ones to avoid ?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Gasper62

CPAP Bed Pillows- good ones- ones to avoid ?

Post by Gasper62 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:29 pm

Are there any currently available pillows that are a favorite with xpap folks ? Any that are bad ? My forum search mainly showed results for nasal pillows. I am smushing my FFM into the side of my nose causing leaks and making my nose hurt with a regular down substitute pillow. Something's gotta' change !

Wulfman...

Re: CPAP Bed Pillows- good ones- ones to avoid ?

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:35 pm

Here's a search link that'll get you started:

search.php?keywords=buckwheat+AND+chiro ... bed+pillow

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Elle

Post by Elle » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:37 pm

I use a contoured memory foam pillow and sleep right on the edge so the mask hangs off the side. It has worked for years but doesn't feel ideal. I have been tempted by the cpap pillows but the reviews aren't great. It is a struggle to get everything comfortable and keeping it that way.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:41 pm

I have had good success with the buckwheat hull pillow and the chiroflow (water based) pillow.
I have a bad neck so I have to stay away from large tall pillows.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Elle

Post by Elle » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:50 pm

Pugsy, which is your favourite of those two? Just checking Amazon. And for the water pillow does it matter if it is foam or fiberfill?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:07 pm

Elle wrote:Pugsy, which is your favourite of those two? Just checking Amazon. And for the water pillow does it matter if it is foam or fiberfill?
My overall preference is for the buckwheat hull pillow. I just like the support it gives my neck and no matter what position I am in I can squish those hulls around so it fits my neck just right.
But sometimes I want a change and I use the Chiroflow. I actually keep both on the bed ready to go.

The Chriroflow I got...I splurged on and got down filling and it is so soft. Like a high class down pillow.
It was a little bit more expensive than the others but I had a little extra money at the time and decided to splurge on myself.
I think I got it from EBay, Had it for maybe 2 or 3 years now...at least 2.

The buckwheat hull is one of Brett's/SleepGuy from Pur Sleep. ....the new revamped Regensis...so it has a different name I think.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Elle

Post by Elle » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:10 pm

Ok, thanks. It makes sense to spend more if they last so I think I will look at the down one. I really zone out when I am asleep so wouldn't know to fluff up the buckwheat one I don't think. Will think about it a bit more....or maybe splurge and get both since I am not paying for it....using a credit card doesn't count right?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:14 pm

Elle wrote:using a credit card doesn't count right?
That's right...credit cards don't count . I really like the down part of the pillow. You know me and my neck and I found that I really liked the water based pillow. It supported it just right and the down was soft enough to move a little to accommodate my mask without putting pressure on it and the water base gave a good firm base for my spine. I put all the water into it that I could so it would be extra firm.

I looked on EBay....it's the MediFlow/Chiroflow and it's around $100 if you get the one with the down and quilted cover. Free shipping. The others without down are about half the price....but I just love the feel of down and I have never regretted spending the extra dollars on it.

Elle

Post by Elle » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:21 pm

I think I have to use the Canadian ebay. I will check that one out first. I know you have problems with your neck so if it works for you it should be good. Remember the old days before internet and we had to wing it? What an endless source of info you are.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:54 pm

When we got ours (before the Internet), they were only available from chiropractors and were about $50.00.
Now, they're everywhere......and somewhat cheaper

http://www.amazon.com/Chiroflow-Waterba ... B000RB9VP2

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Elle

Post by Elle » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:57 pm

Thanks Den, I found them on dot CA as well.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:07 pm

User since 05/14/05

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:28 pm

Thanks for the links/comments !

Luthie2006

Post by Luthie2006 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:48 am

I don't have a Sleep Number Bed, but I could afford a Sleep Number Pillow. So far ok, but my neck does ache in the morning. Pillows are so expensive (good ones for us) and never or rarely returnable. So the Sleep Number pillow will suffice for now. Anyone have one of these pillows too?

Quickstrike

Post by Quickstrike » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:13 pm

My cheap soft pillow works better than my good one...kind of frustrating.