Will SD chip show Sleepyhead data downloads?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Will SD chip show Sleepyhead data downloads?

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:23 pm

Guano being what it is, if the Japanese law is this messed up, their government should be ASHAMED!
If a tech here in the US were to tell me such a blatant LIE, I would rat them out to their boss.
Dishonesty is as unacceptable in healthcare as violations of privacy.
It is violation of our trust, and it makes me wonder if legal measures would be appropriate.

archangle

Post by archangle » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:34 pm

sc0ttt wrote:I suspect the reasons for scaring people with those kinds of threats is that they're worried people will try to hack the data to show better compliance and such. I suspect the people who could actually hack the data are the least concerned about the threats.
It's to keep the patients in the dark, and let them charge money for service, adjustments, unnecessary $leep te$t$, doctor visits, etc. It also lets them be lazy and not bother to take the time to properly evaluate your CPAP data, and to sell you cheap brick CPAP machines.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:59 pm

sc0ttt wrote:I suspect the reasons for scaring people with those kinds of threats is that they're worried people will try to hack the data to show better compliance and such. I suspect the people who could actually hack the data are the least concerned about the threats.
I figured it was more a "if people figure out that there ISN'T black magic involved, they'll quit paying us money to do this relatively simple thing"...

like in the old days, it was verboten to do telephone wiring, "it's too complicated, you must call AT&T" "but... there's only 2 wires" "NO! CALL AT&T!"

after deregulation. "oh, it's simple, it's just two wires".

or plumbing or electrical work... it ain't rocket surgery, but those involved want you to think it is, so you'll keep paying huge fees.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.