OT:Defective frog--Breast cancer---CURED!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: OT:Defective frog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:06 pm

The doc gave me the numbers, and the big "C" is the smallest percentage,
---Especially since the mammo was clear. More than likely, an infection or a pappiloma, he says.
Ever since the mammo, I've been keeping it extra clean and covered with neosporin.
The oozing seems to have stopped. Hope the doc can still find all the bad parts.
PR: gazongas? Not mine! Just not big enough. In high school, I always had Kleenex handy.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:06 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:PR: gazongas? Not mine! Just not big enough. In high school, I always had Kleenex handy.
hooterettes maybe? charter member of the itty bitty titty club?

I better stop before I get smacked again.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:13 pm

I'll be praying for you until you give us the "all clear". Your attitude, persistence, and sense of humor will be a big help.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:15 pm

CF,

My wife had a lumpectomy and radiation therapy in 2010, so I can relate to what you're going through.
Hang in there and know you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Husker hugs,

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

purple

Post by purple » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:32 pm

My sister had her thyroid chemically killed, because it was raging out of control. Five years after that she had other symptoms, including fatigue. After the docs performed a lot of expensive, time wasting tests, they finally decided she had Parathyroid Tumors, which is a typical side effect for have Thyroid problems. The Parathyroid Tumors, left alone in the body cause all kinds of trouble besides fatigue. And including Cancers, including Breast Cancer. Have you ever had Thyroid problems?

Sorry to be so far off what is likely happening, but few doctors recognize Parathyroid tumors when they occur, I thought I would throw it in to worry about. Or to feel good about.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:26 pm

Due to my diabetes, I get blood drawn at least twice a year, but I will mention to my doc tomorrow
(At my pre-surgery physical) that my paternal grandmother had a goiter.
He already knows my baby brother died of colon cancer. --at 52.
Most of the females in my family have longevity, but as widows, since the men have not fared nearly as well.

Drowsy Dancer

Post by Drowsy Dancer » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:48 pm

Lord have mercy, Froggie, stay out of that blender.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

How we squander our hours of pain. -- Rilke

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:09 pm

kaiasgram wrote:Yes Froggie, I went through this a number of years ago... bleeding from the nipple one night while doing self exam. I know the stomach-turns-over sensation when you see blood where blood shouldn't be. I had an intraductal pappiloma, a solid benign tumor inside the duct and the most common cause of bleeding from the nipple as I understand it. Same deal, excise the duct in question and biopsy to rule out malignancy. Try to breathe, and feel free to PM me.
Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately for me, BSE's are practically useless because of dense breast tissue.
On any given day, mine are lumpy anyway; firm and perky, (well, sorta, at my age) but lumpy as a sack of potatoes.
--small potatoes, at that.
Anyhoo, I never miss my yearly squish-fest.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:19 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:The doc gave me the numbers, and the big "C" is the smallest percentage,
That's right. Twenty-something years later I still remember the number my radiologist gave me -- 95% probability of a papilloma. It was still a scary ordeal but I took great comfort in that number.

49er

Post by 49er » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:50 am

Good luck Froggie.

HUGS!

49er

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:03 am

chunkyfrog wrote:
kaiasgram wrote:Yes Froggie, I went through this a number of years ago... bleeding from the nipple one night while doing self exam. I know the stomach-turns-over sensation when you see blood where blood shouldn't be. I had an intraductal pappiloma, a solid benign tumor inside the duct and the most common cause of bleeding from the nipple as I understand it. Same deal, excise the duct in question and biopsy to rule out malignancy. Try to breathe, and feel free to PM me.
Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately for me, BSE's are practically useless because of dense breast tissue.
On any given day, mine are lumpy anyway; firm and perky, (well, sorta, at my age) but lumpy as a sack of potatoes.
--small potatoes, at that.
Anyhoo, I never miss my yearly squish-fest.
I hear 'ya, me too re chronic cystic lumpiness. On the other hand, at the tender age of 15 I felt something I knew was different from my "usual" lumps. It went all the way to surgical biopsy and pathology before the docs were reassured that it was benign. Now you would think the experiences I've had with these biopsies would make me very diligent and pretty confident about self-exam, but I don't approach it easily or often to be honest.

I really think you're going to be fine and I look forward to hearing good news soon.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:23 am

{{{{Hugs}}}}

Found a lump once - waiting was the worst thing. Turned out to be nothing.

Good luck to you, or break a leg.....

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Chairman Meow

Post by Chairman Meow » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:25 am

Good luck! And thanks for the push - I've been needing to get my mammogram scheduled and reading this was exactly what I needed to actually get on the phone and make the appointment. I hope you hear GOOD NEWS!

Britt~

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:38 am

Good for you! {{{and happy birthday}}}
I scheduled my very first mammogram on my oldest son's birthday, for obvious reasons.
I was debating whether or not to share, but decided in favor, partly for myself,
but also because I've seen how a discussion can shake a few procrastinators out of their trees.

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:03 am

Sorry to read this, CF, and now I'm crossing my fingers (and toes) for you to hear good news. I had a lot of anxiety when I was waiting for test results and facing the unknown, so I feel for you, but I also have loads of confidence that all will be well. Keep your head above the water.
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.