Need help understanding

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
anonymous9000

Need help understanding

Post by anonymous9000 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:28 pm

I'm really discourage in life right now because I feel horrible and I don't know why. I have done a lot of blood work trying to figure why I feel so bad and they come back good besides a little high blood cell count and low vit d and high calcium. I fixed the vit d and calcium and checked my thyroid everything checked out fine. I did a home sleep study and had a ahi of 4 so I went to place for a study and tried a CPAP and ended with ahi of 2.2. The place recommend apap with 9 to 11 but my insurance won't cover a machine without a ahi of 5 or more . Which makes me think its not sleep apnea. How could borderline sleep apnea makes me feel so bad. I'm fatigued all the time and can't keep up with my friends. I get headaches all the time which are way wrose in the morning. Everything seems to take so much effort. I yawn very often which kind of leans towards low blood oxygen levels. However if I do have sleep apnea why is my ahi so low? I can't imagine having hundreds of episodes a night how do you live though that if I'm feeling horrible with so few a night?

Thank You

Tatooed Lady

Re: Need help understanding

Post by Tatooed Lady » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:08 pm

How is your blood iron level? Mine has always been low...and when I was on a diet with lots of fresh raw spinach, apparently things improved. I was more awake and felt lots better.

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:20 pm

Your home atudy and your sleep study are telling you that you don't have sleep apnea. It sounds like you have eliminated many possible causes of the poor feeling...I suggest that you continue exploring other possibilities with your doctor. By the way...you can't fix your blood count and low Vitamin D overnight.
It takes quite a while.

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:35 pm

Change your doctor, he's obviously missing something.

anonymous9000

Post by anonymous9000 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:56 am

Why do I have a high blood count than? Also I have many symptoms as sleep apnea. I felt better after the CPAP study. Could it be maybe how I am sleeping? I sleep with like my face in the pillow but I couldn't do that with the stuff on me face. Could my positioning really be causing all of this? Iron levels are fine also if tried juice fasting but it does not help. I'm tired all the time and yawning excessively like I'll have these fits of yawning and it makes my head feel better. I'm a little over weight but not obese. I'm 22 years old and I have no idea why I feel horrible and just want to sleep all the time. Sometimes I sleep all day like 16 to 18 hours cause my body doesn't want to do anything else. I lost my job because of this and my dad thinks I'm just lazy and had to move back home. I have like no support with this and I'm tried working though it for the last 4 years cause I thought maybe I was just lazy and it will go away but it never did and even when I had days off I would just sleep all day like my body needed to catch up. The next thing I guess to try is MRI maybe I have brain tumor or my brain is just a deep. Another might be allergies to something in the air even tho my nose doesn't get stuffed up or anything. These don't really make since but there is nothing else it could be. I've been to many doctors on this already

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:57 am

A high blood count doesn't have anything to do with OSA.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:07 am

You say you resolved your high calcium -- how did you do that? High serum (blood) calcium can be due to endocrine problems.

If you register on the forum and post copies of your sleep study and titration study (name whited out) you might be able to get more feedback. I'm curious if you slept long enough and deep enough during those tests to get a good representation of your typical untreated AHI. I wonder what it means that you felt better waking up after sleeping with the cpap machine during the titration.

easleycorey

Post by easleycorey » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:26 am

I read a few places high blood count has been linked to osa because the body makes more to make up for the lack of oxygen. I felt a bit better after the study like no headache and was not yawning like I normally do. I didn't get to sleep very fast there because I slept a lot that day already. I don't have my home sleep study I'm going to try and get it but here are the blood results and sleep study.

Blood work

https://www.dropbox.com/s/99zlkbsyit9yy ... df?dl=0&m=

Study

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wblnaykysp4yj9e/Scan.pdf?dl=0

49er

Post by 49er » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:27 am

Another possibility is you might have UARS which you might might want to google. Unfortunately,many full scale studies don't measure the necessary RERAS much less home study tests.

49er

Tatooed Lady

Post by Tatooed Lady » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:40 am

Chronic fatigue syndrome?

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:47 am

You might ask your MD for a referral to a hematologist, or endocrinologist. There are hundreds of medical conditions that are possible for someone to have that make them tired, sleepy, etc. The fact you felt a bit better after the study doesn't mean a lot - one night (with no more than a couple of apneas being recorded) doesn't mean anything, especially if you slept on your back at some point (it will provoke apneas in anyone).

easleycorey

Post by easleycorey » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:53 am

UARS sounds maybe like it.Chronic fatigue syndrome that's when they ruled out everything else and don't know what else to do isn't it? No fix for that so hopefully it doesn't come to CFS. I just talked to my mom she said osa makes sense because when I was a baby I had a machine for awhile but I did better a few weeks later and they sent it back. However ahi sleep study doesn't show it.
Last edited by easleycorey on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:00 am

Do you want help, or maybe just permission to go back on dope?

easleycorey

Post by easleycorey » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:11 am

edit
Last edited by easleycorey on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

easleycorey

Post by easleycorey » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:59 am

edit
Last edited by easleycorey on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.