Need help understanding

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
purple

Re: Need help understanding

Post by purple » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:01 am

While it is very improbable. You might look up the info on how to diagnose Parathryoid Tumors. One of the symptoms is high Calcium. Most docs just blow the high calcium off. The diagnosis of Parathyroid is a few questions.

From one of the websites: Parathyroid glands control the amount of calcium in our blood and bones. About 1 in 100 people (1 in 50 women over 50) develop a parathyroid gland tumor during their lifetime causing parathyroid disease, called: "hyperparathyroidism". Hyperparathyroidism is a destructive disease that causes high blood calcium--which leads to serious health problems--even early death."

BTW: Parathyroid Tumors are almost never Cancer.

Your having one of these Parathryoid tumors is really unlikely at 22.

I guess you have been screened for Diabetes.

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:11 am

Hi - sorry, but I had to ask - you seemed so involved thinking about the drugs and sometimes that means something (obviously not in your case). But I also wondered about diabetes, however will say it again - if you want help see your doctor (for referrals to others, esp. as he doesn't seem to know what to do with you now). We can't begin to speculate, let alone diagnose here... we're just a bunch of Cpap patients in various stages of figuring it out ourselves, much as we'd like to help.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:25 am

Please clarify....you did get an in lab sleep study with a cpap machine and you say you felt somewhat improved after that study with cpap but you can't get a machine because the diagnostic AHI wasn't high enough to satisfy insurance requirements?
Is that what happened?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

easleycorey

Post by easleycorey » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:59 pm

Well I paid for a machine out of pocket hopefully it helps. Wish me luck!!! I got the resmed s10

easleycorey

Post by easleycorey » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:03 pm

Pugsy wrote:Please clarify....you did get an in lab sleep study with a cpap machine and you say you felt somewhat improved after that study with cpap but you can't get a machine because the diagnostic AHI wasn't high enough to satisfy insurance requirements?
Is that what happened?
Yes that seems to be the case so I paid out of pocket.

I dont have diabetes I got blood work done that rules that out.

parathyroid I also got checked by checking my pdh level or something they ran that on me twice and they both came back normal.

kaiasgram

Post by kaiasgram » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:14 pm

easleycorey wrote:
Pugsy wrote:Please clarify....you did get an in lab sleep study with a cpap machine and you say you felt somewhat improved after that study with cpap but you can't get a machine because the diagnostic AHI wasn't high enough to satisfy insurance requirements?
Is that what happened?
Yes that seems to be the case so I paid out of pocket.

I dont have diabetes I got blood work done that rules that out.

parathyroid I also got checked by checking my pdh level or something they ran that on me twice and they both came back normal.
That's what I was wondering if they followed up the calcium test with a PTH level -- good that hyperparathyroidism has been ruled out.

Your machine: S9 series or A10 series? And which model within the series (e.g. Elite, Autoset, Autoset for Her, VPAP, other? On the S9 machines the name is by the Start/Stop button on top of the machine, on the A10 series I think the name is on the lower right front of the machine.

easleycorey

Post by easleycorey » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:04 pm

A10 sorry the guy called it a s10 the newer version. PTH that's it! It's the auto 5 to 11 is set.

easleycorey

Post by easleycorey » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:21 am

http://imgur.com/VnGgBTE

Results from last night

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:48 pm

easleycorey wrote:Image

Results from last night
it would be better if you took a screenshot of the details tab, arranged as shown here:
https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

AMK

Post by AMK » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:16 pm

That sleep study you posted was a titration study and indicates that you do have a diagnosis of OSA. The recommendations say to start cpap at 9cm. Did they do the titration halfway through the night, or had you had a previous sleep study?

easleycorey

Post by easleycorey » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:29 pm

AMK wrote:That sleep study you posted was a titration study and indicates that you do have a diagnosis of OSA. The recommendations say to start cpap at 9cm. Did they do the titration halfway through the night, or had you had a previous sleep study?
I did a at home study before but I don't have that study. At z sleep the one I uploaded I had the machine on from the start along with a lot of other stuff as well.

easleycorey

Post by easleycorey » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:07 pm

palerider wrote:

Results from last night
it would be better if you took a screenshot of the details tab, arranged as shown here:

Like that or did I forget something?
Do I need to turn events on or anything?

Thank you Corey

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:11 pm

easleycorey wrote:
palerider wrote:
Results from last night
Like that or did I forget something?
Do I need to turn events on or anything?
the one I replied to was the summary page, which doesn't show much about last night

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

easleycorey

Post by easleycorey » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:41 am

Well night 2 and my ahi is up but I feel way better!!! Still not where I want to be but I have more energy.