My first night with CPAP - ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

Re: My first night with CPAP - ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:17 am

I can see now how that is confusing, probably a bunch of us show up as "Guest." I am the original poster, ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet.

My computer is a Windows, 64 bit, computer, that's about all I know. I had to install a .dll file before I as able to proceed with opening the program, but was able to get that done with a link provided by the webpage I was using. I have tried several downloads now, the most recent being v0.9.8-1 T2, all of them end up with the same error message:

"Sleepyhead has stopped working, a problem caused the program to stop working correctly"

I wonder if the problem lies with the install, when it asks me to select folders. I usually select whatever the program recommends, but this program makes me select a folder. I created a "Sleepyhead" folder, and save everything to it.

Marc

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:28 am

Guest wrote:I wonder if the problem lies with the install, when it asks me to select folders. I usually select whatever the program recommends, but this program makes me select a folder. I created a "Sleepyhead" folder, and save everything to it.
So you are able to open SleepyHead and actually see a prompt to "import" your data? Is this where it fails and hangs up?
If so, where are you telling SleepyHead to look for the data to import? You may be telling it to look somewhere that it can't find what it needs and thus gets confused.

This latest version of SleepyHead doesn't really have an installer..it runs/opens/launches from the chosen application.exe file or that open or broken gl application file.
So it doesn't really matter where you put SleepyHead as long as you can access it and open it to launch the program.

So during what step are you finding that SleepyHead is hanging up?
If SleepyHead will open and let you click on the "import" button to get your data then SleepyHead install should be fine and the problem is likely with the import and 99% of the time people are telling SleepyHead to go to the wrong place to import the data.
Often they are going too far into the SD card instead of stopping at the root drive where the SD card sits.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:49 pm

Yes, I am the original poster, I can see how it would be confusing with a bunch of us showing up as "Guest."

I have downloaded from several sources now, and keep getting the same error message:

"SleepyHead-OpenGL" has stopped working, A problem caused the program to stop working correctly" It then shuts down the program. This happens with both the "open" and "broken" .exe's.

Everything looks fine when I open the .exe file, then I import data from the SD Card, it appears to be working correctly with the SD Card light on the computer blinking, and with a green bar in the SleepyHead window uploading. When complete, a window opens telling me to "Find Directory." What am I supposed to select here? Clearly what I'm doing, which is select the "SleepyHead" folder I created on my desktop, is not working.

My computer is a Windows, 64 bit.

The version of SleepyHead is v0.9.8-1 T2

Marc

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:59 pm

I believe what it is looking for is where your SD card is located. With your Sd card in the computer look in your computer to see where it is located and then Select it for Sleepyhead to find. Mine is drive F but yours could be something else.
Last edited by OkyDoky on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:07 pm

Find directory means find the SD card or rather where the SD card is sitting.

You navigate to the root drive where the SD card is sitting...don't go into the SD card.

If your SleepyHead folder that you created contains a copy of the SD card then it is possible to navigate in there but I don't know how you have done that folder.
Simplest thing is go to the drive letter where the SD card sits.

If anything but the letter for the root drive is in the select box you have gone too far.
http://sleepyhead.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... _Questions

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:18 pm

Original poster here, you know, you'd think after all the years I've had to use computers I would eventually figure out the basics...

That was it, it was not asking where I wanted to put the information, it was asking where the SD Card is, once I found the drive (F for me also) it worked beautifully.

I'm going to look at the data and try my best to make sense of it. I have already learned a lot from this site, so have at least a basic idea. I'm very curious to compare my first to my second night. I changed masks, which made a big difference.

Will create an identity today.

Thanks again for all your help!

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:32 pm

Great! This site will also help you with registering your equipment. wiki/index.php/Registering_Equipment_in_User_Profile
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

bucksnort

Post by bucksnort » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:06 pm

I downloaded the software. Comes in a zip file but doesn't contain an exe. file to get going. What am i doing wrong?

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:16 pm

bucksnort wrote:I downloaded the software. Comes in a zip file but doesn't contain an exe. file to get going. What am i doing wrong?
extract the zip file and look again. as long as you dl'd the windows version

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

bucksnort

Post by bucksnort » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:28 pm

never mind. I just had a different extractor and needed to hit the checkout button
Last edited by bucksnort on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:58 pm

bucksnort wrote:Downloaded multiple times. No exe. file shows, just dll.'s
Which version did you download?
Did you unzip it? That has to be done first.
Once unzipped the application.exe file (at least in the Windows version) is the last file in the unzipped main Sleepyhead folder. There's actually 2 application.exe files and they are right next to each other at the very bottom of all the files in that main SleepyHead folder. If one doesn't work try the other one.