Attn: whiners, complainers, quitters

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

What do you want?

1. I want gentle compassion.
10%
2.I want to hear others experiences.
65%
3.I want bleeding heart, poor me..poor me support.
8%
4.I want a 2X4 upside my head, tough love, suck it up, it's my life.
17%

Total votes: 48

carbonman

Attn: whiners, complainers, quitters

Post by carbonman » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:19 am

People disagreeing everywhere you look,
Makes you wanna stop and read a book.
But this ol' river keeps on rollin', though,
No matter what gets in the way and which way the wind does blow,
And as long as it does I'll just sit here
And watch the river flow.

--Bob Dylan

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35791&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... 3Aquitters

It's been awhile.....still curious.
carbonman wrote:When you come to cpaptalk.com to whine, complain,
can't get started or want to quit your cpap therapy,
what do you want to hear??
Roll on river, roll on.
Last edited by carbonman on Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If your therapy is improving your health but you're not doing anything
to see or feel those changes, you'll never know what you're capable of."
I said that.

robysue

Re: Attn: whiners, complainers, quitters

Post by robysue » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:22 am

Carbonman,

You're missing an important option: I want to vent and all I want from others is to tell me, "It's ok to vent."

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:28 am

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

49er

Post by 49er » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:40 am

Since I had surgery last week even though it was only a septoplasty, I chose #3. I gotta milk it for all it is worth.

All jokes aside, I agree with RobySue about adding the option to vent without judgment.

49er

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:43 am

I want another option - all of the above when needed.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

the voice of reason

Post by the voice of reason » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:53 am

49er wrote:Since I had surgery last week even though it was only a septoplasty, I chose #3. I gotta milk it for all it is worth.
don't you think with all the unnecessary whining and crying, and harassing people, and denigrating medical professionals you've done recently, that you've had quite enough attention? why don't you step out of the spotlight for a while.

49er

Post by 49er » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:56 am

the voice of reason wrote:
49er wrote:Since I had surgery last week even though it was only a septoplasty, I chose #3. I gotta milk it for all it is worth.
don't you think with all the unnecessary whining and crying, and harassing people, and denigrating medical professionals you've done recently, that you've had quite enough attention? why don't you step out of the spotlight for a while.
Hello troll, nice to meet you.

49er

the voice of reason

Post by the voice of reason » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:14 am

49er wrote:Hello troll, nice to meet you.
likewise!
it's always good to learn from a master, such as yourself.

of course, with you, it's mainly trolling others by sticking your face in the middle of something else and going

"ME ME ME, PAY ATTENTION to MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME"

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:17 am

the voice of reason
Also Posted As:
(archangle)

ALF

Post by ALF » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:38 am

Actually, I have a technical question: Can a PR System One Remstar Auto effectively detect venting?

"I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?"
- Ernest Hemingway

Hang Fire

Post by Hang Fire » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:39 am

49er wrote:Hello troll, nice to meet you.
likewise!
it's always good to learn from a master, such as yourself.

of course, with you, it's mainly trolling others by sticking your face in the middle of something else and going

"ME ME ME, PAY ATTENTION to MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME"

robysue

Post by robysue » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:49 am

ALF wrote:Actually, I have a technical question: Can a PR System One Remstar Auto effectively detect venting?
Well let's analyze that for a minute.

If I open my mouth wide to scream "I'm mad as hell at this machine and I'm not going to take it any more!" you'd think that the machine would score a Large Leak ...

But: The System One's appear to only sample the leak rate about once every minute or so. So unless the rant/vent went on for at least that long, it might NOT detect the "Large Leak."

And then there's this: Some people (including pugsy) have learned to shut the "back door" to the oral cavity and can pretty much do whatever they want---in terms of talking and yawning and, presumably, screaming---without any air getting into their oral cavity and exiting through the mouth. So the System One wouldn't be able to detect their "venting"

On a less humorous note: The System One can detect the intentional exhaust venting for the mask just fine. And if an excess leak lasts for more than a minute or so, it should should pick up the excess leak without any problem.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:01 pm

ALF wrote:Actually, I have a technical question: Can a PR System One Remstar Auto effectively detect venting?
"Venting" as in expressing one's opinion or "venting" as in the exhaust rate (also called vent flow rate) of a mask?

In regard to the first one.......No.

In regard to the second one........the reported "leak rate" includes the "vent flow rate"......which is stated in the mask user instructions in the form of a graph that shows what vent rate is anticipated at a given pressure. More that that rate is considered (excess) "leakage". For example, my mask.....the UMFF.....has an approximate vent flow rate of 38 - 40 LPM at 12 cm of pressure. So, when I look at my Encore Pro reports and I see my (consistent) average leak for the night was 45 or higher, I know I've got to figure out how to get it down. Most people get some briefly higher leakage moving around on their pillows and other exceptions, but if it's a consistent thing, then it's a good idea to get it back down to where it should be (as close to the stated vent flow rate in the chart).

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Hang Fire

Post by Hang Fire » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:15 pm

robysue wrote:have learned to shut the "back door" to the oral cavity
Lady! You made me flinch!

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:47 pm

Option 1, easy to get, we are chock full of liberals that will act like they care.

Option 2, is easy, just read, it's all over, probably more of that content on every page, some of it very useful.

Option 3, Pity Party, It's not a party I want to be invited too. Instead why not start to make your situation better, and help yourself. Every day you spend rolling in pity is a day wasted. Time is precious, time spent in a Pity Party can't be recovered.

Option 4, Tough Love, it's easier to paddle in De-Nile, than accept the fact we have problems, but until we face them, thing's don't start to get better. Why not face your problems and be the best you can....

Missing Option 5, Venting, An Angry Pity Party, best done into a paper bag. Can't see the vaule of Venting, when you could accept the facts and start to improve your life. We all get angry, does sharing it with others make it go away, or does it keep it inflamed.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire