For sale: new not opened

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
davecpap

Re: For sale: new not opened

Post by davecpap » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:42 pm

NateS wrote:some of the most important and instructive principles and techniques I learned over the years were from smart, impatient, gruff and abrasive people who knew what they were talking about and were willing to share it.
I agree; and palerider's first reply contributed positively to the conversation:
palerider wrote:fyi for anybody considering this, they're about 100$ on amazon. 80ish for the non headgear bit, and 20-25 for the headgear.
That was a positive, succinct, informative post. As for the other posts, he just came across as a jerk giving the poster a hard time about not knowing how to quote. It was lazy on Clinte89's part to not lookup the information on Amazon, but it would have been preferable (IMHO) to ignore the request and maintain the cordial feel of this forum. The comments about not knowing who Clinte89 was speaking to came across as passive-aggressive, it was obvious from the order of the posts who was being spoken to.

I've seen palerider's handiwork in enough forum posts - in the 10 days or so i've been around this time - that when I saw he responded to one of my posts I was prepared for the worst. I was surprised there was no need to be alarmed. The fact that I've developed this reaction already to his username may be an indication of a problem. He is the only forum poster whose username I recognize

viewtopic.php?p=986560#p986560

I've seen this behavior drive people away from other forums - I'd hate to see that happen to a place like cpaptalk.com where people come for guidance during a difficult time in their lives. If the topic of the forum was something inconsequential I wouldn't care, but this is a place many go to when they've exhausted other support options with their doctor, DME, family, etc. - it is my opinion the forum members would be better served by a more amicable discourse.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:41 pm

davecpap wrote:The fact that I've developed this reaction already to his username may be an indication of a problem. He is the only forum poster whose username I recognize

viewtopic.php?p=986560#p986560
does that mean I'm (in)famous?

oh, and:

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

lufc1953

Post by lufc1953 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:59 am

Stop being a twat palerider you help sometimes but more often you scare people away

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:28 pm

lufc1953 wrote:Stop being a twat palerider you help sometimes but more often you scare people away
run away!!! I've got sharp pointy words!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Tatooed Lady

Post by Tatooed Lady » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:35 pm

Omg...I think I love Nate.
And while PR CAN be a bit abrasive...normally he is so toward those with 1) no common sense or 2) thin skin and an inflated sense of self worth. Luckily, I have low self-esteem and a quarter dose of common sense...and a heavy dose of PMS at times, which is similar to watching a one-armed monkey beating a blind, semi-retarded alligator with a shovel. You KNOW something is gonna happen, and it'll be ugly...but you just gotta watch. Or...maybe thats PRs posts...I get us mixed up sometimes.
So, maybe the lighthearted folk who are professional hand holders should stop doing to PR what they're upset with HIM for doing to newbies. Namely, acting the asshole.
Groovy?

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

lufc1953

Post by lufc1953 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:37 am

[WHITE SMILING FACE]

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:07 am

{{{Big green hug.}}}

ChicagoGranny

Why We Don't Visit

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:47 am

MagsterMile

Post by MagsterMile » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:31 am

palerider wrote:
Clinte89 wrote:I don't know how to do that. Sorry. I looked on amazon and I am pretty suprised. I had no idea. Not sure why you have to be rude. It's a for sale post I am negotiable on price no need to be rude.
I'm not being rude, I'm terse and to the point.

if you want someone to poopoo over you and hold your hand and treat you like a pretty pretty princess, I'm probably not the best person.... but, then, I don't know for sure if I'm even the one you're talking to.

I think the second statement you made is totally out of line. Maybe you can't help looking down your nose at people but you need to act more civil when you are here and acting in a teaching mode.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:44 am

MagsterMile wrote:but you need to act more civil when you are here and acting in a teaching mode.
you're quite right, and I am very civil when acting in a teaching mode.

when responding to someone who's whining, I'm not in a teaching mode. by the time the comment you're complaining about happened, any hope of 'teaching' had gone right out the window.

Elle

Post by Elle » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:49 am

The sad part about people who think their boorishness is cute/funny/entertaining is that everyone misses the content of what they are saying and just sees their personality. There are 3 or 4 people here who I get mixed up because I just think "parochial" or "inbred" when I see their names or avatars and I don't 'hear' what they are saying. I mix up Glen Beck and Rush Limbaugh the same way.

When an intelligent cultured person speaks I am fascinated by the content of what they are saying and the personality fades into the background.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:18 am

Elle wrote:The sad part about people who think their boorishness is cute/funny/entertaining is that everyone misses the content of what they are saying and just sees their personality. There are 3 or 4 people here who I get mixed up because I just think "parochial" or "inbred" when I see their names or avatars and I don't 'hear' what they are saying.
it seems that says more about you, than it does about your victims.

accurate

Post by accurate » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:25 am

This is turning into a zombie thread....

Last edited by accurate on Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian McCullough
Accurate Biomed Services Inc.
http://www.acbio.com

Hang Fire

Post by Hang Fire » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:27 am

Elle wrote:When an intelligent cultured person speaks I am fascinated by the content of what they are saying and the personality fades into the background.
Oh please.

Retch.

palerider

Re: Why We Don't Visit

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:35 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:Image
so, should I add "protecting the earth from alien invasions" to my resume then?