Calling on Morbius---are these OAs possibly pressure induced

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
NMchop

Re: Calling on Morbius---are these OAs possibly pressure induced

Post by NMchop » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:58 pm

I asked the nurse practitioner I see at the sleep center (the doctor is actually retired) for a BiPap originally after reading these forums and her telling me about my titration results with 14 begin the prescribed CPap machine pressure.

She said "You basically have to fail you're way into a Bipap". Or the insurance won't pay for it.

She said if I was at 15, then I could get bipap, but at 14, insurance wouldn't go for it. I've only had my Cpap machine for a little more then a month.
I'm told that the insurance is "renting" it rather then purchasing it. At least so far.

So I'm going to show her those clusters and see what she says. MY AHI is coming down the last week BUT if I'm having un-scored apneas, then that score doesn't matter.

I've also tried to make a point of sleeping on my side which seems to be "working". At least staying on my side. Not sure if the un-scored apneas are down or not. My scored OA's have come down. I still have one cluster a night usually.

I've also ordered the manual for Cpap machine. Seems it has some limited auto machine features where I can see where the machine wants to go when i do have my clusters.