Just an update

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Dogjudge

Just an update

Post by Dogjudge » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:55 pm

Doctor appt. today.

I'm sure that I've convinced him that I'm totally anal retentive with all of the spread sheet information that I brought with me. At the same time, he agreed with the patterns that I was seeing.

I did screw up, however. When looking at his results, he said that my machine was malfunctioning, or had been set wrong. Something had been locked out. Screwed up by not remembering WHAT was locked out.

He said that he could see the changes I had made (suggestions from here) and how they had affected things. He has no problem with me changing the settings. We both agreed that the pressure should be 5 at the low end and 10 at the high end. He said that from what he could see, the machine was operating properly. He said that he wanted to concentrate on things outside of the machine.

I have been taking 2 gm. of Melatonin and he wants to up that to 3-4 gm. I also take Klonopin and I know that there's a lot of people who are against this. For the time being, I'm going to go with upping that dose.

One thing that he found interesting, or he was just trying to appease me was when he saw my "fix" for the Fisher and Paykel head gear. He said that he gets a LOT of complaints about the velcro not working for very long. No. I didn't suggest duct tape. I took a piece of velcro that is maybe 3/4" wide with the hooks on one side and the loops on the back. After adjusting the head gear to the right size, I take the velcro and wrap it around both parts of the strap. It works sort of like a belt. Needless to say, you want the soft side toward your face. I've found that I can actually get it in a spot where it doesn't even touch my face.

Again, thanks to everyone.

Now the waiting begins again.