Had my first good night!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Mr_Adrian70

Had my first good night!!

Post by Mr_Adrian70 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:54 pm

After a truly torturous first month of apnea "therapy" I finally had a good night! It was a truely horrible, and frustrating first month for sure! I haven't been able to sleep hardly at all do to my Quattro Mirage mask leaking so bad, and my face always hurting from clamping it down on my face so damn tight trying to stop all the leaks. Im a truck driver, and I was falling asleep at the wheel again, and also being short tempered with my family due to lack of sleep. I just haven't been thinking right due to being so exhausted. I was really dreading going to bed every night because I was so uncomfortable, and miserable. This wasn't at all the way I thought it was going to be. I expected my life to be so much better after finally treating the severe apnea ive had for years. I have been so determined to stick with it no matter what because I know I have a very real, and severe problem, and really want to get help. I knew it wasn't going to be easy but I didn't expect it to be so hard! I was on the verge of just giving up all together! Then yesterday happened, and im just so happy I wanted to let everyone know.

The place where I did my sleep study called me and said my insurance finally agreed to pay for the loaner machine ive been on, and asked if I could come in a sign some papers. I took my machine in and they downloaded some data to see how ive been doing and they asked if ive been having a lot of leaks. I explained to them how hard its been to sleep, and how miserable ive been and so they tried some new masks on me. That's when I discovered the F&P Simplus mask! All I can say is its an amazing mask! Its so comfortable! Night and day difference for me between the F&P and the Quatrro. For the first night in a month I got a great nights sleep! Leak free! I was barely even aware the mask was there because it was so comfortable! I didn't really get enough sleep because I have to go to work so early in the morning but the quality of what sleep I did get was just wonderful!

I truly felt like a new man today! Ive had so much positive energy! I was actually chipper at work instead of dragging butt, and grumpy. I was kind and loving to my family again, and just in an all around unexplainable good mood! I felt like my brain was finally firing on all 4 cylinders, and I had focus. What an amazing difference a good, deep sleep makes! If every night is like last night my life will be so much better! Im optimistic again! Im so glad I finally found a mask that's comfortable and leak free! Last night was such a good night! Today was so such a good day! I feel renewed, and hopeful about this journey of healing ive started. I look forward to tonight, and tomorrow now. Simply amazing what a well fitting new mask, and a much needed, and well deserved good nights sleep make! Heres to a new beginning!

Last edited by Mr_Adrian70 on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

AMK

Re: Had my first good night!!

Post by AMK » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:08 pm

That's great news. A good mask makes all the difference, that's for sure! Congratulations!

Mr_Adrian70

Post by Mr_Adrian70 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:19 pm

Only one reply?? I feel like an idiot that just wasted my time. What a great support group this place is. I will probably never waste my time posting here again.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:30 pm

Mr_Adrian70 wrote:Only one reply?? I feel like an idiot that just wasted my time. What a great support group this place is. I will probably never waste my time posting here again.
oh, poor baby, the crowd didn't cheer you on.

are you normally this whiny?

good job, do it again. rah rah rah, *shakes pom poms* *lights off fireworks*

I suppose most people felt you didn't need a lot of "support" when you said you had a great night.

Last edited by palerider on Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:32 pm

If you want more replies, you need to have more problems *smile*.

Just kidding, but good to hear that things are going well for you now that you've found a mask that works for you. Wonder if you tried using mask liners with the Quattro? None the less, great that the Simplus is working for you, it's so much more relaxing to be using a mask that works with you than it is to be fighting leaks all the time. Leaks do keep me awake, too, so I also need to use a mask that doesn't leak very much at all.

May you continue to get good sleep, I see some sleep debt in your last posting *smile*.

SleepyToo2

Post by SleepyToo2 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:36 pm

Just don't expect every night to be the same. The aliens still come to visit sometimes!

archangle

Post by archangle » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:14 am

Congratulations on working things out.

A lot of people probably quit reading part way through due to lack of paragraphs.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

AMK

Post by AMK » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:22 am

Mr_Adrian70 wrote:I feel like an idiot that just wasted my time.
And now I feel the same way.

Mr_Adrian70

Post by Mr_Adrian70 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:54 am

AMK wrote:
Mr_Adrian70 wrote:I feel like an idiot that just wasted my time.
And now I feel the same way.
I apologize if I have offended anyone with my whining, and for my lack of paragraphs. I now feel bad for doing it and embarrassed. When I wrote my last comment I was in a grumpy mood due to problems at home. Please accept my sincere apologies

AMK

Post by AMK » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:04 am

Mr_Adrian70 wrote:
I apologize if I have offended anyone with my whining, and for my lack of paragraphs. I now feel bad for doing it and embarrassed. When I wrote my last comment I was in a grumpy mood due to problems at home. Please accept my sincere apologies
Apology accepted. I know all too well how a grumpy mood can be. Is your cpap therapy still going well?

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:34 am

I think the original post is valuable to other new users that may be experiencing similar discomfort, leaks and lack of success. This is a good story for the CPAP success stories thread...perhaps with a couple paragraphs thrown in.

Seriously, many people experience these problems and quit. The fact you found a solution with the F&P mask is a lesson that you need to keep working with the DME during the mask exchange period to work through the problems. Not everyone gets issued a machine and mask and has trouble-free, good sleep. It takes effort and thought; often in spite of sleep impaired judgement.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:01 am

Welcome to the forum.

I have always thought that the mask part of cpap therapy was the hardest issue to resolve. People have to sleep for this therapy to work and if the mask is problematic then it's really tough to get any semblance of decent sleep.

Glad you got your issues sorted out and are finally on the road to good sleep.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.