Airsense Software Upgrade Out Now

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
InsomniacGuy

Re: Airsense Software Upgrade Out Now

Post by InsomniacGuy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:54 am

I have never had the Airsense connected to the cellular network until yesterday. No humidifier software upgrade yet.

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:15 am

InsomniacGuy wrote:I have never had the Airsense connected to the cellular network until yesterday. No humidifier software upgrade yet.
The email I recieved from ResMed on the upgrade indicated that it was going to take March and April to get the updates to all the machines........its posible they are working in serial number order. My machine was purchased back in October so it was probably a relatively early serial number. I was actually surprised that I got my upgrade so soon, hang in there, if your connected to wireless I am sure you'll get it in March or April.

I guess we could post serial numbers to see how they compare to when peeps are getting their updates.......I'll post later when I get a chance.

Link to Sleepyhead:
http://sleepfiles.com/SH2/

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:37 am

InsomniacGuy wrote:I have never had the Airsense connected to the cellular network until yesterday. No humidifier software upgrade yet.
Just for reference I am going to post my Airsense 10 Autoset serial number and date that I received the humidifier software upgrade...........maybe serial number can give you an idea of where you might be on the upgrade que...............or maybe not

Airsense Serial #: 23142113975....................software upgrade received over-the-air on 3/10/15

Humidifier Software version went from SX556-0202 to ...............SX556-0204

My machine was made in Singapore, power supply and power cord made in China

Link to Sleepyhead:

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:22 pm

My period was changed to a month last night, but no SW changes.
My machine was made in Australia, and I got it on October 2, 2014. Puzzlement!

archangle

Post by archangle » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Maybe they're being smart and doing a few machines at a time and seeing if it breaks anything.

This is probably not like a PC vulnerability where you are racing to get the bug fix in before the users get hacked. I'd expect any software updates on CPAP machines to be improvements or fairly minor problems.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:43 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:My period was changed to a month last night, but no SW changes.
Hey this is unrelated but do you run your machine in the "For Her Mode" .......if so what's your take on it?

P.S. Your wording cracked me up........."My period was changed to a month".........ResMed shouldn't get that involved! *LOL*

Link to Sleepyhead:

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:44 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:My period was changed to a month last night, but no SW changes.
I've heard most periods are somewhat monthly, what was yours before???

e: dang, beaten by that tangled guy!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:47 pm

Great Minds think alike.......or something like that..........

Link to Sleepyhead:

InsomniacGuy

Post by InsomniacGuy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:58 am

TangledHose wrote:
Just for reference I am going to post my Airsense 10 Autoset serial number and date that I received the humidifier software upgrade...........maybe serial number can give you an idea of where you might be on the upgrade que...............or maybe not

Airsense Serial #: 23142113975....................software upgrade received over-the-air on 3/10/15

Humidifier Software version went from SX556-0202 to ...............SX556-0204
I read online that the first two digits of serial number designate country of origin. The next two represent the year of manufacture. My machine's serial number also begins with 2314. Following digits on my unit are 22697... and I forget the last two...

Still waiting for upgrade. Given that those folks who witnessed the upgrade install did so at night, my assumption is that cellular data at night costs Resmed less than during daytime hours.

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:32 am

InsomniacGuy wrote:
I read online that the first two digits of serial number designate country of origin. The next two represent the year of manufacture. My machine's serial number also begins with 2314. Following digits on my unit are 22697... and I forget the last two...

Still waiting for upgrade. Given that those folks who witnessed the upgrade install did so at night, my assumption is that cellular data at night costs Resmed less than during daytime hours.

I suspect what Pale Rider mentioned before......the download occours in the background and then when I shut the machine off to take my bathroom break was the time the machine did the install.......if I had slept all night and not shut off the blower until morning then the upgrade install would not have happened till morning.

Because your serial number is numerically later than mine you should get your upgrade later if I am understanding correctly that they are working in that order........will be somewhat interesting to see when the upgrade hits your machine.

Link to Sleepyhead:

cpapernewbie

Post by cpapernewbie » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:20 pm

Got my Airsense last December. Use this for 3 weeks and then switch back to PR System One BIPAP.Always set this in Airplane mode to prevent my data to be transmitted to Resmed.

Yesterday after reading this thread, I set the Airplance Mode to OFF and after 1 hour or so - saw that my humidifier software get upgraded fronm 5202 to 5204. My s/n is 23142 287711

Additional Comments: CPAP history: dumb tank, auto, PR M, PR System 1, PR BIPAP, PR System 1 model 60, Resmed S9, Resmed S10, Dreamstation
Resmed airsense 10

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:31 pm

Interesting........I am surprised Insmniac Guy hasn't gotten it yet.......thanks for the information cpaper

Link to Sleepyhead:

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:54 pm

palerider wrote:
I've heard most periods are somewhat monthly, what was yours before???

e: dang, beaten by that tangled guy!
If you and your wife both use cpap units, do the periods sync up? Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Sleepingbeautynow

Post by Sleepingbeautynow » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:25 pm

I have had my machine set to airplane mode for a few weeks. Just turned off airplane mode, and I have not received the upgrade as of yet. My SW is different than others posted SW SX567-0302 humidifier SW SX556-0203. I wonder why my software is different?

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:06 pm

Sleepingbeautynow wrote:I have had my machine set to airplane mode for a few weeks. Just turned off airplane mode, and I have not received the upgrade as of yet. My SW is different than others posted SW SX567-0302 humidifier SW SX556-0203. I wonder why my software is different?
Are you in the United States? Maybe a foreign model meant for another market like Canada, Europe, Asia????

Link to Sleepyhead: