Airsense Software Upgrade Out Now

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TangledHose

Re: Airsense Software Upgrade Out Now

Post by TangledHose » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:05 am

Glad I got the software upgrade, but kinda adds to that creepy feeling that Big Brother is watching!

I think now that I got the upgrade I'll be returning to wireless off mode

Link to Sleepyhead:
http://sleepfiles.com/SH2/

jaycee2

Post by jaycee2 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:27 am

But what great timing you had, TangledHose. You couldn't have timed that better!

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:34 am

Yeah you got that right, I was pretty shocked when I saw my screen start flashing......my initial thought was: oh great, now what's wrong, I figured the thing went Tango Uniform (Tits Up) !!!

Link to Sleepyhead:

OffroadToy

Post by OffroadToy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:48 am

Glad you we're able to confirm my initial posting on this upgrade. It appears i havent got it yet... saw the fault screen again last night. Thanks for sharing.

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:17 am

TangledHose wrote:I think now that I got the upgrade I'll be returning to wireless off mode
I don't have this model (S9 instead), but I've heard they make it a bit annoying to keep the wireless off. don't you have to do an extra confirm on a regular basis?
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:28 am

My resp. Doc's office called to remind me of tomorrow's appointment, asking me to bring the sd card.
She mentioned they tried to get the upload from the modem, but could not because it had not been connected.
(which I already knew). I then called the DME, who logged my machine into the system --all data there.
Now I'm waiting for the SW upgrade. BB may be watching me, but who watches the watchers?
Years ago, we suspected our phone was tapped. (Hubby was still a German citizen)
At random, I would pick up the phone, wait for the click, and mock whoever was on the other end, if
there was anyone at all. --Good for a giggle or two.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:29 am

Krelvin, yes, every time you look at it!

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:22 pm

jaycee2 wrote:But what great timing you had, TangledHose. You couldn't have timed that better!
it's more likely that the machine downloaded the upgrade, and then waited until it wasn't being used to apply it.

better than shutting down at the point it gets it, or trying to do and upgrade AND keep working at the same time.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:23 pm

TangledHose wrote:Glad I got the software upgrade, but kinda adds to that creepy feeling that Big Brother is watching!
it's no more than OTA firmware upgrades on phones and tablets.... of course, we know those things ARE watching you.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:50 pm

OffroadToy wrote:Glad you we're able to confirm my initial posting on this upgrade. It appears i havent got it yet... saw the fault screen again last night. Thanks for sharing.
Yeah thanks for the heads up on this...........I am curious, where had you heard about it in the first place........I never could find any information other than shooting off an email to ResMed?????

Link to Sleepyhead:

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:53 pm

Krelvin wrote:
TangledHose wrote:I think now that I got the upgrade I'll be returning to wireless off mode
I don't have this model (S9 instead), but I've heard they make it a bit annoying to keep the wireless off. don't you have to do an extra confirm on a regular basis?
Yeah as ChunkyFrog mentioned there is a "Nag Screen" every time you shut the blower off that makes you confirm that you want to leave it in Airplane mode...........fortunately it is defaulted on the choice to leave it in airplane mode so all you have to do is push in on the round selector knob to confirm and then the screen goes to your sleep report. It is slightly annoying, but you get used to it pretty quick.

Link to Sleepyhead:

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:58 pm

Hey, I just noticed up above in the new product section that they finally came out with the ClimateLineAir Oxy Hose for the Airsense...........about time.....now I won't have to be drilling holes into the regular Climateline for my O2 adapter mod

Link to Sleepyhead:

OffroadToy

Post by OffroadToy » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:14 pm

TangledHose wrote: Yeah thanks for the heads up on this...........I am curious, where had you heard about it in the first place........I never could find any information other than shooting off an email to ResMed?????
I tried to confirm it myself with a phone call to ResMed but the guy i talked to had no clue and tranferred me to a call back recording (never did get the call back.) Anyway, i initially read about it on a related thread on another forum.

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:33 pm

OffroadToy wrote:
TangledHose wrote: Yeah thanks for the heads up on this...........I am curious, where had you heard about it in the first place........I never could find any information other than shooting off an email to ResMed?????
I tried to confirm it myself with a phone call to ResMed but the guy i talked to had no clue and tranferred me to a call back recording (never did get the call back.) Anyway, i initially read about it on a related thread on another forum.
OK, well thanks again.......it was your post on this that got me to shoot the email off to ResMed otherwise I would have never known about it. I did post a notice on the "Other" forum about the upgrade.

Link to Sleepyhead:

archangle

Post by archangle » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:30 pm

There have been far too many cases where someone's automatic software update has trashed things. If I had one of these machines, I'd be tempted to leave it offline for a week or so. Let them do their debugging on other CPAP owners.

Microshaft has had a big problem with pushing out bad updates.

Also, the CPAP machines seem to need software a lot less than PC's do.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.