"Climate Line Air Fault - Replace Your Tubing"??

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
EmilySleeps

"Climate Line Air Fault - Replace Your Tubing"??

Post by EmilySleeps » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:19 pm

My Resmed Airsense 10 Auto has been working well. Two days ago, a message appeared saying "Climate Line Air Fault - Replace Your Tubing." I assumed this meant the exterior plastic tubing, and I jiggled the tubing a bit and the message went away. Today it was back. I replaced the long tube that connects the machine to the mask tubing, as well as the shorter tubing from the mask. Is this all I need to do? It's concerning me that there's now an "X" on the screen above the symbol for the humidifier, even though there is water in it. I'm concerned something may be wrong inside the machine. Also, I want to be sure the treatment is still effective. Any thoughts/suggestions??

Thanks!

TangledHose

Re: "Climate Line Air Fault - Replace Your Tubing"??

Post by TangledHose » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:35 pm

I have found that the connection where the Climate Air heated hose connects to the back of the machine can get finicky at times. All you have to do is disconnect the heated hose from the back of the machine and then simply reconnect it and your good to go. It happens to me maybe once every two weeks or so, seems to be a problem with the electrical connection between the machine and the hose that has some difficulties every now and then. When you reconnect your hose to the machine it will recognize the Climate Air hose is now attached and you'll see a message on the screen to the effect that the Climate Air hose has been attached or detected and then your heated hose and humidifier should return to normal function.

Sometimes I'll disconnect/reconnect the hose just to make sure the connection is working or as an alternative look in your options strings menu......you'll be able to see that your climate settings are set normally and this clues you into the fact that the machine is "seeing" the heated hose.

I don't know if you run you climate controls on Auto or Manual, but I have mine on Manual so that I can control the temp and humidity independently. When the machine has a good connection to the heated hose I can see both line items for hose temp and humidity, when the connection flakes out then I can only see my humidity setting and not the hose temp setting. So when I disconnect and reconnect the ClimateLine hose and its recognized by the machine then in the settings I see both the temp and the humidity. Or without doing the disconnect/reconnect I can just take a quick peek in the settings menu and see the hose temp setting so that way I can easily confirm that the machine is "talking" to the heated hose.

If you run climate control in Auto and the machine loses the electrical connection with the heated hose youll then notice in the settings menu that you've lost the "Auto" choice in the menu and you'll just see the manual humidity setting in its place. This then is an easy way to glance at your settings and be able to verify that the machine is recognizing that the heated hose is attached and it's talking to it.

I've noticed that after a few times reconnecting the hose this problem seems to happen less and less, so hopefully it won't continue to bother you. I have not been able to figure out why sometimes the machine just all of a sudden loses the connection with the hose, but if I ever figure out what is causing the problem I will report back.....at this point I think its just an occasional glitch that can be a little annoying, so far this has been the only real glitch I've found since I started using this machine in November.

Link to Sleepyhead:
http://sleepfiles.com/SH2/

OffroadToy

Post by OffroadToy » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:09 pm

From what i've read Resmed is aware of the problem and issued a software update to the devices via their cellular modem.... might check with them to confirm.
Last edited by OffroadToy on Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EmilySleeps

Post by EmilySleeps » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:10 pm

Thanks, TangledHose! I was frustrated last night when, after opening and installing all new tubing, I still got the error message and the humidifier wasn't showing. Then, I turned off the power, waited a few minutes, started the machine up, and all was fine! I guess it's a good idea to re-boot it every so often!?

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:43 pm

Yes I agree with you, it's good to unplug and reboot every now and then. One thing that has come up with the AirSense machine is that anytime power is interrupted, and then powered back, up you'll notice in the expanded sleep report the time frame defaults back to one month averages, so just be aware of that if you're looking at the detaied sleep report on the screen .....

*Note: "Essentials" set to "Plus" in clinician menu will allow detailed sleep report on patient sleep report screen.

Link to Sleepyhead:

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:59 pm

OffroadToy wrote:From what i've read Resmed is aware of the problem and issued a software update to the devices via their cellular modem.... might check with them to confirm.
I can not find any information on any software updates being issued by ResMed for the Airsense machines. If you have any information about a software upgrade please share it with us here.

Link to Sleepyhead:

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:41 pm

I have sent an email to ResMed via their web site concerning this issue and should hear back sometime next week. I asked them about the connection problem, and also if any software updates have been issued. When I get a response from "the horse's mouth" (ResMed) I will post it here probably sometime next week.

Link to Sleepyhead:

EmilySleeps

Post by EmilySleeps » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:45 pm

Thank you for being our advocate, TangledHose!!!

EmilySleeps

Post by EmilySleeps » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:50 pm

[quote]*Note: "Essentials" set to "Plus" in clinician menu will allow detailed sleep report on patient sleep report screen./quote]

How do you access the clinician menu?

Thanks!
Emily

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:19 pm

Here is a link to the Airsense clinical guide.It will tell you how to access your clinical menu. https://sleep.tnet.com/home/files/resme ... -guide.pdf
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:22 pm

Link to Sleepyhead:

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:28 pm

once into the clinician menu scroll down to the line item labled "Essentials" and change it from "On" to "Plus" then push in on the round selector knob to accept the change. The default from the factory is "On" which limits the patient access to a few settings and information such as expanded sleep report, once you select "Plus" it simply allows you the patient more access to some settings without having to go into the clinicians menu for those certain settings and it will also allow a more detailed sleep report including your AHI number. Be aware as I said above that when you view the detail section on the sleep report that you can set the time frame from one day, one week, one month, etc .....averages so just be cognoscente of the time frame that you have selected. I usually have it set to "one day" so I just view the last night's info, but it is also handy to see averages for longer periods like week, and month. And when you do disconnect the machine from power it will default back to "one Month" which has caused some confusion if you are not aware of the time frame.

Link to Sleepyhead:

EmilySleeps

Post by EmilySleeps » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:08 pm

Thank you, TangledHose and OkyDoky!! Great information!!

Emily

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:31 pm

TangledHose wrote:I have sent an email to ResMed via their web site concerning this issue and should hear back sometime next week. I asked them about the connection problem, and also if any software updates have been issued. When I get a response from "the horse's mouth" (ResMed) I will post it here probably sometime next week.
Here is the email that I received today from ResMed...............they did not give me any more information than this, no information on what the software upgrade covers, or what problems they are trying to correct. In my email to them I specifically asked about the ClimateLine Air hose sometimes losing a connection with the machine, but they did not give me any details about this.......so here is the response:

ResMed:

"Thank you for contacting ResMed. We are conducting a software upgrade which wil be performed over-the-air throughout the months of March and April and will not affect your therapy or require an action by you. However, your device must be powered on and have reception (and not in Airplane mode) in order to receive the upgrade.

We appreciate your patience as we work through upgrading all the serial numbers we've sold and apologize for any inconvience this may have caused."

-----So that's all I know............I am going to jot down my current software version and turn my wireless on (Airplane mode off) to see if I get the upgrade and if the software version number changes.

Again...........I'll report back for the interested Airsense owners

Link to Sleepyhead:

EmilySleeps

Post by EmilySleeps » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:44 pm

Thank you, again, TangledHose!