Resmed Airfit P10 - 10 day review

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Oughtsix

Re: Resmed Airfit P10 - 10 day review

Post by Oughtsix » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:03 pm

jwerley wrote:Oughtsix: FYI: If the P-10 is irritating your nares try using the large size pillows. I usually wear a size medium in pillows, but found that I needed to go up a size with this mask.

Hope this helps!

Janice
Thanks Janice, I was using the large pillows and then tried the medium pillows. I definitely need the large pillows. The medium pillows would not seal very well and caused many leaks.

I did some stretching of the head gear last night and positioned the two straps as far away from each other as possible and my nostrils are much happier this morning. I have a BIG head and I think the P10 was just too tight on me previously.

I am gland I didn't know about the old wives tale! I would definitely not want to give up nasal pillows and go to a mask!

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:57 pm

poppi2 wrote:I bought my first P10 from cpap com, a sealed package with three pillows. I now get the P10 from my DME (Monitor Medical), along with spares that Medicare provides. Since my DME knows I use large pillows, they open my hermetically sealed P10 package and remove the small and medium pillows. I'm sure this is done under sterile conditions.
Of course. I am sure its done in a dust free climate controlled room as well.

englandsf

Post by englandsf » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:13 pm

Insist on sealed packages from your DME, the spares are yours, not theirs as your insurance have paid for them

Try the largest size pillow too - as most people enjoy the extra air flow and the better seal.

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:27 pm

poppi2 wrote:I bought my first P10 from cpap.com, a sealed package with three pillows. I now get the P10 from my DME (Monitor Medical), along with spares that Medicare provides. Since my DME knows I use large pillows, they open my hermetically sealed P10 package and remove the small and medium pillows. I'm sure this is done under sterile conditions.

I trade my small and medium on this site for large pillows. They aren't doing you a favor. They can sell them for $19.00 each. If you didn't give them the okay to do this. Then your the victim of petty larceny.

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

poppi2

Post by poppi2 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:17 pm

Bobby269 wrote:Then you're the victim of petty larceny.
Yes, I agree. Medicare complicates things by separately pricing headgear and mask.

I'll pick up my next set of supplies in person. I do like this DME, as compared to my previous.

After six months, it doesn't look like this headgear will wear out. I am on my second pillow.

I use the papCap and attach the chinstrap forward which leaves a little vertical Velcro strip in the free. (I position the chinstrap so my jaw is pulled upward, rather than at an angle.) By accident, i discovered I could adjust mask tension by pressing the P10 strap as it crosses the exposed vertical strip of Velcro hooks. I don't have the problem of a too-stretched headgear.

I'm glad Pugsy raved about the P10, and I bought my first from the forum sponsor.

btw, if you have a gently used S/M papCap that you didn't like, pm me. Earl