Does sleep apnea manifest suddenly?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
OkyDoky

Re: Does sleep apnea manifest suddenly?

Post by OkyDoky » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:04 pm

If your symptoms started after the Phenergan (promethazine) I would suspect it may be a side effect and you should let your doctor know. Here is a link which lists slowed / stopped breathing as a side effect. Along with a warning that it is not to be used in children because of this. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/drug ... 82284.html
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Mike_Romeo

Post by Mike_Romeo » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:26 pm

Interesting OkyDoky, thanks for that.

I've used it maybe 5/6 nights each week since end of January so could be a consideration. I haven't used it since Sunday though so will see how things go. Dreading going to bed tonight if it's another night of failing to fall asleep.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:59 pm

Don't expect the no-meds trial to make a lot of difference in one night... could take a few before you're aware of any.

borgready

Post by borgready » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:30 pm

I explained my symptoms to another doctor today who suggested it's acute anxiety, 12x5mg Diazepam and Propanolol to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks for all your input, it's comforting to hear from others who have been in similar situations.
The diazepam will make your breathing problems worse. Don't take the meds for anxiety. That's the bull shit excuse for when the doctor doesn't know what's going on and assumes your a looney.

Describe your rash and where you have it and where it started. It might be a fungal type thing. Your scalp is red. It might also be an alergy thing.

Are you able to breathe through both sides of your nose with no restrictions. If not, start thinking along the lines of an allergy or cold if its something that has suddenly come on.

Have you had any vaccinations lately? I know how they love to push those and they will screw with the immune system.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:59 pm

Drug or alcohol induced central apnea is always a possibility.

Mike_Romeo

Post by Mike_Romeo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:34 pm

Hi All,
Drug or alcohol induced central apnea is always a possibility.
No drugs other than prescription. No alcohol since Saturday. Symptoms 'suddenly' appeared Monday night.
The diazepam will make your breathing problems worse.
I've taken one Diazepam, that was at Thursday lunch time. Nothing since as I've calmed down a fair bit, and I'm reluctant to use it at all even for a short term unless really necessary.

No vaccinations in recent years. No nasal restrictions all week.

The rash appeared early January as tiny red dots on the back of my forearm. I had taken few a pictures by chance to track if it got worse, and it ended up spreading very quickly along forearms, biceps, around waist, knees, and ankles. Steroid cream did nothing. Itching was severe at night in bed. Cleared up in four days on Prednisone, or by co-incidence when I was back in my family home for four days at the same time.

I changed jobs and moved to a different part of the UK in December, and have moved between temporary accommodation several times in the process, and while I haven't found it stressful, it does make it difficult to narrow allergy related issues given the extent of change I've went through.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:46 pm

borgready wrote:Have you had any vaccinations lately? I know how they love to push those and they will screw with the immune system.