pressure changes

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: pressure changes

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:21 am

Sharhamm wrote:I haven't really gone into Rescan much so I don't know how to pull up the breakdown of the AHI's. Can you help me out there? All I can pull up is Statistics and Summary graphs.
I suspect that you missed a step in the download sequence.
The default download directions are for summary data only and you have to tell it to download all the data to get the detailed graphs.
So try again with the download but at the download page before you tell it to download...change it so that it shows "all the detailed data" and make sure to include the hi def data (you will see a mention that "this takes up a lot of storage on your computer" but tell it to do it anyway).

In the statistics section it should give the AHI breakdown into categories but I am unsure where it puts UAs...so that's why I was wondering what the events graphs show because UAs are green in ResScan....
Have you watched the video on how to use ResScan?
http://montfordhouse.com/cpap/resscan_tutorial/ Tutorial
and there's a pdf tutorial
http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Inter ... -Guide.pdf

Last edited by Pugsy on Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Sharhamm

Post by Sharhamm » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:56 am

I removed Rescan and reinstalled it. The installshield Wizard didn't offer me any options except custom, and the 3 drivers that the email originally told me not to install. Do you have any ideas of what I should do? In the meantime I will uninstall it again and try custom and see what happens.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:15 pm

I have never had ResScan only offer "custom" install...
You don't need those drivers mentioned because those are for older than S9 machines.
Which version are you trying to install? Why did you elect to try to uninstall ResScan?
You probably were okay with the initial install as it was working if you got summary statistics.

This is the page where I was talking about changing the download directions from summary to "all available data" which is explained in the video tutorial as well as the ResScan guide.

ResScan can be a bitch though...if you can get me a copy of your SD card (the entire card) I can plug it into my ResScan and see what ResScan is calling those UAs. That's the only thing I really wanted from ResScan.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Sharhamm

Post by Sharhamm » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:37 pm

Okay I finally am able to get the detailed info, but how do I get it to you? There is no print or screenshot option on Rescan that I can see.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:40 pm

Can you do a normal screen shot like with the Windows Snipping Tool (Win 7 and higher)?

Or can you see what ResScan wants to call those events that ResScan calls UAs?

Sharhamm

Post by Sharhamm » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:08 pm

Is this what you need?

Sharhamm

Post by Sharhamm » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:12 pm

WowImage that was awfully small. I resent it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:36 pm

Okay....here's what I think is happening.
For some reason your machine is just recording "apneas" and not differentiating between obstructive or central...or at least that is what ResScan is figuring.
I just realized that ResScan does this even with my prior S9 VPAP Auto data...which used to show OA and centrals separately.
I knew it did it with my currently used S9 Adapt but I just now went back to Feb 2012 and it does the same thing and I was using the S9 VPAP Auto back then.

I hadn't realized that this change had happened. When I compare ResScan reports for the same dates in Feb 2012 with SleepyHead reports...what used to be called OAs in SH and ResScan are now simply called "Apneas".
Now I am pretty darn sure that ResScan used to separate those Apneas into central and OA categories but not now.
I don't know when this change happened...or quite honestly if I am just dreaming that there was a difference 2 years ago but my current ResScan version doesn't tell me anything but the red Apneas even back when SleepyHead says there was a difference.
I knew about this with the Adapt but I wasn't aware that it was also affecting the plain VPAPs like my VPAP Auto or your VPAP S.

So all I know to do is tell you that what SleepyHead is reporting as "unknown apneas" is what ResScan reports as "Apneas" and there's no way to know if they are obstructive apnea (which is what I assume they are) or central apneas.
I need to try to find some centrals on some of my old SleepyHead VPAP Auto reports and try to compare them to ResScan reports for the same day but so far I can't find any.

Hey, Palerider....do you have ResScan and if you do...which version?...maybe you could see what your machine shows in ResScan and compare to Sleepyhead.

At this point Sharhamm....I don't know what those "Apneas" are that you are seeing but it's unrelated to mask or leak or anything like that. It seems to be a situation where SleepyHead doesn't know what to call those UAs because for some reason the machine isn't telling it which category. SleepyHead can only report what the machine is reporting.
They are going to be either obstructive apneas (which is what I suspect they are) or centrals ....but whatever they are you aren't seeing enough of them to worry about.
I am scratching my head over this though...I was for sure that my old VPAP Auto gave me separate central and obstructive categories in ResScan but it sure doesn't do it now. I am using ResScan 5.3....since I had no reason to look at the old reports I don't know when or if this anomaly might be related to ResScan version.

Sharhamm2

Post by Sharhamm2 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:25 pm

Thank you for taking the time to try and figure this out. My nasal mask has to be adjusted "a lot" at night since I am a very restless sleeper. I was hoping the flagged events were the times I was pulling my mask away from my nose to readjust. Also, I have been awakened at night with a very dry mouth and throat. Have just ordered a chin strap to see if this will help as I think I may be doing some mouth breathing. Thought I was on the way to sleeping 3 to 4 hours at a clip, but recently I'm back to awaking every two hours. I'm getting frustrated.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:34 pm

If you are mouth breathing it sure isn't much because on the reports above your leak line is well below large leak territory.
Now I can tell you that sometimes it doesn't take very much mouth breathing to dry out the mouth because I know that sometimes I have woke up with an extremely dry mouth and the leak line barely show any increase in leak.

I don't think that those events are related to mask movement or mouth breathing. I think they are some sort of apnea event that just slipped past the defenses and since they aren't horribly numerous I wouldn't worry about them.
Since you are experiencing some unwanted awakening during the night you might try a little trick to see if the awakenings seem to correlate with the events you see....just briefly turn the machine off and then back on again as that will trigger a break in the therapy line and you will be able to see if the awakening is anywhere close to any flagged events.
If the awakening seems to correlate with one of those events..even though you aren't having a lot of them..it might be worth it to try to reduce the chance of those events happening in the first place...so a little more pressure.

Sharhamm2

Post by Sharhamm2 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:23 pm

I will do that tonight.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:02 pm

Pugsy wrote: Hey, Palerider....do you have ResScan and if you do...which version?...maybe you could see what your machine shows in ResScan and compare to Sleepyhead.
I've got the 4.3.0.7081 verison, and it does show unknown, obstructive and central variants.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:17 pm

palerider wrote:
I've got the 4.3.0.7081 verison, and it does show unknown, obstructive and central variants.
Okay, I finally found an old SleepyHead VPAP Auto report with a central in it and used my new ResScan and it does show Centrals as black event.
So the red events are obstructive at least with the plain VPAPs.

Sharhamm2

Post by Sharhamm2 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:49 pm

On sleepyhead my AHI'S are 1.56. Does this include all those UA events in that total that may be obstructions?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:58 pm

Yes, the AHI will include those UAs .