Humidifier Problem on PR System One REMStar 60

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Humidifier Problem on PR System One REMStar 60

Post by palerider » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:11 pm

dizzyhead wrote:I think I read elsewhere that the System One sensor is in the hose itself? Which could explain why the problem could be with the hose.
there's a thermometer at the end of the hose, so that the machine doesn't have to guess how much to heat the hose up.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:29 pm

Okay...upon further experimenting with Sleepriders setup.
It appears that while the "C" for Classic mode disappears when the heated tube humidification is turned on (and heated tube has to be turned on to get tube temperature control) the choice between "new humidification and Classic mode" is only available if the heated hose humidification is turned off or if a regular hose is used.

Now as to why Sleeprider seems to use a lot of water with this setup...I wonder if it's simply the fact that it is classic mode (without the C showing) with heated hose and the new system one humidification system function simply isn't a factor since it by default is unavailable when the heated hose is turned on.

If this is the case...then someone wanting more humidity and needing the heated hose part to prevent rain out isn't going to be able to do it with the PR S1 heated hose. It won't go above the setting of humidity setting of 3 with the heated hose attached.
It just won't do it.

I think we have always assumed that the heated hose thing was part of the "new system one humidification system setting" but maybe it isn't. That choice isn't available when the heated hose is attached and turned on. It's only available if the heated hose is turned off.
So maybe with the heated hose turned on...that setting of 2 or 3 would be equal to the Classic mode setting of 4 or 5 because the "new system one humidification mode" is by default not available.

If what I think is true here....the only other way to maybe get more humidity is to not use the heated hose (or turn it off) and try true Classic mode and even then Classic mode at 5 may not give any more than using the heated hose (turned on) and humidity setting of 3.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

dizzyhead

Post by dizzyhead » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:44 pm

there's a thermometer at the end of the hose, so that the machine doesn't have to guess how much to heat the hose up.
Maybe that's my problem then. When I get another hose, this should help determine if that's the problem.

Again, even though I don't see an adjustment for hose temperature in Classic mode, the hose heater must be active because otherwise I would definitely be getting condensation in the tube and rain out.

dizzyhead

Post by dizzyhead » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:03 pm

So last night I put it back to System One mode again and the problem reoccurred.

So I'm guessing there is a problem with my hose or the connection on the humidifier that carries the temperature reading from the hose to the CPAP unit. Suspect the hose.

I will stay with the manual setting with System One humidification disabled until I can try a different hose.