New an very unsure!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: New an very unsure!

Post by Pugsy » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:51 pm

EPR is just Exhale Pressure Relief...upon exhale the pressure will drop from inhale and it's a distinct sensation.
1 cm drop per whatever setting you have chosen with the exception being if your inhale isn't high enough to allow the full drop.
Like if you were using 6 cm anyway and you chose 3 EPR that would mean a 3 cm drop but the machine can't go below 4 cm.
So you would need to be using a setting of 7 cm if you wanted the full 3 cm drop.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

archangle

Post by archangle » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:22 pm

lowe160 wrote:I have been trying to go to sleep on my back lately and have been.
Why are you trying to sleep on your back? CPAP/apnea is often better if you sleep on your side.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

lowe160

Post by lowe160 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:37 am

Darned I am starting to really get the hang of setting up this machine, actually quite simple if you do it a few times, I just find electronics scary.

Ok I just changed the EPR to 1 or should I do something different, I am will to try anything. I noticed on my one chart on SH that things were not to bad between Jan 5 to about 21, not sure what happened after that. This is the way the dme set up the machine and I am just getting the nerve to start changing things by reading this forum and from the help I am getting here.

A very big thank you!

Archangle: I was always twisting and turning (according to the wife) so I was trying to keep from getting tied up in the hose. That seems to be getting better as I find I am waking up in the same position I went to sleep in. I have always been a side sleeper, fetal position.

DeadlySleep

Post by DeadlySleep » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:09 am

lowe160 wrote:I have always been a side sleeper, fetal position.
That is a good sleeping position for people with OSA. No need to change it.

lowe160

Post by lowe160 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:27 am

Well after changing my EPR setting to 1 as a suggestion from Pugsy to try my ahi went 10.10 night before and to 5.40 last night. Looks like a start in the right direction. Also after doing some reading and searching I think I figured out how to resize my report photo, I hope?

lowe160

Post by lowe160 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:08 am

I am very happy as things are still going in the right direction. Now to try and post a better size photo, going to try a large thumbnail as I think was suggested before. I have done a lot of reading here and we all know what is the first to go and my memory is not the best. Stopped multi tasking about a year ago! lol

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:40 pm

That actually looks pretty good. I think you can write off the CA clusters to transitional sleep when you were disturbed by the leaks and break in therapy. At this point, your priority needs to be getting the leaks under control. I wouldn't do anything with pressure until that is resolved.

lowe160

Post by lowe160 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:25 am

Thank you, I will try adjusting the headgear and keeping my mouth shut. Some nights are worst than others for dry mouth but it seems to be improving.. I find this mask comfortable but I might order a P10. I do have a problem with being claustrophobic so am staying away from full face for now.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:11 am

How's the sleep quality in general? I see at least one break in therapy where we know you were awake. Were there many others where you were maybe awake for a short period of time?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.