Airfit P10 settings for Respironics REMstar Auto One

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Guest1

Re: Airfit P10 settings for Respironics REMstar Auto One

Post by Guest1 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:38 am

stube40 wrote:Oh, I see - that makes a whole lot of sense now.

Hence, I can't see any reason not to go back to the '0' resistance settings that worked well for me on the first night and persist with them for now to see how they go long term.

I've read so much about the resistance settings and various contradictory statements - but what you've just explained has concluded it once and for all. Thanks so much!
A better strategy may be to raise the minimum pressure by 0.5 and use the X2 setting. You can experiment with both, for at least 10 days each, and see which works better for you.

stube40

Post by stube40 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:03 pm

Update: I put the resistance setting back to '0' last night.

As I put the mask on an lay down I felt that it was difficult to catch my breath and was having to work hard to get enough air. But, I recalled a similar experience on the first night with the P10 (which ended up a good night) so i persisted with it and after a short while i drifted off to sleep.

I ended up getting 5hrs straight sleep, which is great compared to my previous experiences with full-face masks and better than the 2hrs I got the night before with the P10 on X2 setting.

When I woke up I noticed that I was having no troubles breathing at all which is presumably because the machine had found a pressure setting for me automatically that made it easier to breath, but forgot to take notice of what the pressure setting was at that time. I have the machine set on AUTO with a range of 4 - 14, so presumably it starts at 4 when I go to bed and this is the setting when I'm finding it hard to breath. It did check the 90% pressure in the log afterwards and it was 9, so clearly the setting of 4 is not enough to open up my nasal passages.

Anyway, to get back to the topic of the thread, it would appear that the '0' setting is spot on for this mask. However, the bigger picture is that what it really means is that by using '0' you are keeping your pressure settings (4-14) the same as they were before for other masks. Whilst using X1, X2 etc ends up with your pressure settings getting automatically adjusted to compensate for the different mask. This is why so many people will comment that they are using the P10 with a resistance of X2 or X4 and getting great results, because their pressure settings are good for that particular resistance setting. Whilst for me, the pressure settings are only correct with a resistance of '0'

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:25 pm

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.