Got my cpap today

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
truetopath

Got my cpap today

Post by truetopath » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:23 pm

So I went my DME and got my Resmed s9 auto set today with a minimal fight. I went in and they brought out and icon auto, and I basically said nice try but we're going with the Resmed auto set because of the data capability. They said ok and viola I got the auto set. I was really surprised how little fight there was. I'm going to be using the Quattro air Full face mask as I found the fit and comfort to be great. I'm really looking forward to a great night of sleep tonight. Just wanted to say hello.

Greg Riddle

Re: Got my cpap today

Post by Greg Riddle » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:28 pm

Congrats and I hope you sleep well

truetopath

Post by truetopath » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:30 pm

Thanks!

truetopath

Post by truetopath » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:52 am

Update: I used my cpap the night I got it and checked my data the next morning. My AHI was down to 2.4 from 40.9 at the sleep lab. Leaks were under control and I woke up feeling rested. Then last night used the cpap again, slept well. My AHI this morning was 1.2, leaks still under control, and feeling rested again. I'm glad I finally went for the sleep study and am using the cpap. Now I just wish I had done it sooner.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:52 am

truetopath wrote: Now I just wish I had done it sooner.

My feeling also, but I didn't know I had a problem with apnea. Just all the symptoms it can cause which were being treated separately. I think I could have worked 10 years longer if diagnosed earlier. Also now my GERD is almost nonexistent, fatigue has greatly improved, palpitations felt at night no longer, short of breath asthma symptoms gone; so I'm thankful my apnea was found and treated. I now wish we could get the message out there for others to find their way to treatment.
Last edited by OkyDoky on Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:44 pm

This is the kind of success story we don't hear about on here very often. No drama from the DME supplier, gets the right machine and uses it with no problem, feeling rested.

Good stuff. There is a lot of uncertainty when going through the process of diagnosis, equipment acquisition and starting therapy. You kind of cruised right through it.

truetopath

Post by truetopath » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:31 pm

Sleeprider wrote:This is the kind of success story we don't hear about on here very often. No drama from the DME supplier, gets the right machine and uses it with no problem, feeling rested.

Good stuff. There is a lot of uncertainty when going through the process of diagnosis, equipment acquisition and starting therapy. You kind of cruised right through it.
I'm really happy with how smoothly everything is going, and I'm really enjoying sleep!