Need some help

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
lzicc

Need some help

Post by lzicc » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:18 am

I've been using my CPAP consistently for the past few years and don't really notice a big improvement. My setting was 8 and a year or so ago my PCP had them change my number to 12 since I was still having issue's. The issue's I was having was that I didn't notice a difference.

I wear a full face mask with a chin strap to keep my mouth closed. I don't notice any leakage. Usually if I am sleeping and it starts to leak, I feel it on my face and tighten up the mask. I don't know my exact model of my CPAP machine, but is a Resperonics System One with a Humidifier. It looks like this: https://ionmysleep.com/shop/auto-cpap-m ... 7AodOjwA0Q

I wear a Quattro Air Full face mask that I really like.

Since it does have a mini sd card, do you think I could possibly find out by reading the card with SleepyHead software if it can tell me if my pressure is too high or too low or at least tell me what the issue could be?

I go to sleep every night at about 9 pm and wake up at 6:30 am. That is 9 1/2 hours of sleep and I am still tired when I wake up and throughout the day. I have really bad brain fog and it is driving me nuts.

I don't want to do another sleep study if I don't have to.

Pugsy

Re: Need some help

Post by Pugsy » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:23 am

Turn the blower unit over and look on the bottom for a sticker with a 3 digit model number which might have DS or REF or P in front or behind it. Tell us that model number and we can tell you which model you have and if there is anything useful on that SD card.
Some models don't gather anything but hours of use and not worth looking at with the software. Hopefully you have one of the other models.
Any model number less than 450 doesn't have anything but hours of use...you need model 450 or higher to use the software and see what's going on.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:41 am

Be sure and take the water out before you turn the machine over to look for the number.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

lzicc

Post by lzicc » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:37 am

Thanks. I'll get that number when I get home. I do know there was a modem on it at one time and they could connect to it remotely to get the data. That is how they found out that I was still having minor episodes while sleeping.

lzicc

Post by lzicc » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:59 pm

The model is a 460P. I put the SD card in and SleepHead imported the data. Now I need to know how to read it.

I'm not sure what I am looking for to zero in on my best setting for me.

I can post a screen shot of the data, but I am not sure which part to post.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:18 pm

First let's get your equipment registered. I believe your choice is a PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine and chose the 60 series heated humidifer even if you don't have the heated hose. This link will give you help. wiki/index.php/Registering_Equipment_in_User_Profile
Please use the text option instead of the icon.
This link shows what might be helpful. https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
And this one helps use Imgur to post. https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:47 pm

lzicc wrote:The model is a 460P. I put the SD card in and SleepHead imported the data. Now I need to know how to read it. .
start out with the first post in the announcements section.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

lzicc

Post by lzicc » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:48 pm

I updated the hardware in my profile. I don't know where to find the software version number though.
OkyDoky wrote:First let's get your equipment registered. I believe your choice is a PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine and chose the 60 series heated humidifer even if you don't have the heated hose. This link will give you help. wiki/index.php/Registering_Equipment_in_User_Profile
Please use the text option instead of the icon.
This link shows what might be helpful. https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
And this one helps use Imgur to post. https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:49 pm

viewtopic/t103468/Need-help-with-screen-shots.html

This thread above has examples of what we like to see in the graphs with some examples. Start with the basics in one image...we don't need a dozen graphs to start with. If someone needs something else they will just ask.
lzicc wrote:I can post a screen shot of the data, but I am not sure which part to post.
Ignore the software choice in the equipment menu...those are old and no longer apply.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:55 pm

I think you picked the wrong machine because it doesn't show up. Some of the old links don't show up. You have to scroll down to the ones that say 60 series. It is confusing to pick the right one. It should say PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine. Also chose the 60 series heated humidifer even if you don't have the heated hose yet.

lzicc

Post by lzicc » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:13 am

Thanks OkyDoky. I have updated it with the correct one. It is confusing.

lzicc

Post by lzicc » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:40 am

Here is a screenshot of what I am seeing on SleepyHead. The first few things that I notice on the bottom left are the Hyponea and the repository effort. What do those mean? Also, what do the numbers in parenthesis mean?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:01 am

For definitions of terms seen go here
http://sleepyhead.sourceforge.net/wiki/ ... p/Glossary

The numbers in parentheses are close approximation to duration of the event in seconds.
ResMed machines actually record event duration but Respironics machines do not actually record each event duration but use some sort of "marker" for some reason (we aren't ever told what they are or exactly how they are used) so these markers aren't exact event duration but they are very close and when we zoom in on each event and manually count the duration in seconds we have found that the "marker" is very close to what manually counting the seconds works out to be.
From my own experience manually counting the second hash marks...usually within 2 or 3 seconds one way or the other.
It's a bit difficult to see the exact beginning and ending of the event when we are zoomed in close enough to count the seconds.
For this reason I just usually consider the number in parentheses close enough to event duration and not worth putting every little event under the microscope and counting each one.

Often we will see numbers like 6, 7, 8 or 9 in parentheses and that can't be an apnea or hyponea duration because to meet the definition the event has to last 10 seconds. Almost always when I have seen single digits in parentheses and manually counted the duration I have found that the event barely meets the 10 second rule.

As the saying goes....it's close enough for government work. IMHO

lzicc

Post by lzicc » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:18 am

I'm just wondering what would be my correct pressure. I started out at 8, but PCP moved it up to 12, which made no sense and played around with different pressures and I still don't feel any difference when I would get up in the morning. I thought about going to an even higher pressure to see if that helped, but I don't want to go higher than I need to to. I just wish I would feel some difference, anything. I've been wearing the mask continuously for the past 2 years hoping that something would change, but nothing has changed. I'm tired in the morning, I have really bad head fog and don't have allot of energy. I eat right, exercise 5 days a week with weights and cardio, take supplements and still feel like crap most of the day. I think if I could get rid of the head fog that I would feel normal again. I'm starting to get a little desperate at this point. Something needs to give. I would have thought for sure that the Sleep Apnea was causing all of my problems, but I am starting to wonder if it could be something else.

lzicc

Post by lzicc » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:23 am

I did a google search on brain fog and this is pretty much how I feel everyday.

you can't focus,

forget why you came into a room,

when you read a paragraph from a book, you can't read further without having to start over again because you've forgotten what you've read,

you feel like running on autopilot all day, not interacting with anything and anyone,

you feel that your body is not physically tired, but your brain is,

you feel like watching a life rather than participating in it.

you are trying to remember something but everything is just blank,

ordinary activities require an extra effort to perform or complete,

can't think of the correct words to use in conversation,

you can't solve math problems as well as you once could,