CPAP mask blowing air on partner at night?!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
NJsharon

CPAP mask blowing air on partner at night?!

Post by NJsharon » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:15 am

I have been using my CPAP machine for over a year now. No complaints from me with it. I actually like it. Helps me fall asleep & I have low numbers every night.

My problem is my DH always complains that my mask (full face quatro mask) blows cool air on him all night. Drives him nuts!
I guess I thought it was normal & nothing I can do about it.
But is that normal?
Is there anything to do about that, other than space between us or separate beds?! lol

LSAT

Re: CPAP mask blowing air on partner at night?!

Post by LSAT » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:21 am

That's normal....not unusual. Turn in the opposite direction or put a pillow between you.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 am

All masks have vents, but some have softer quieter ones. If you need a FF you might check out the F & P Mask. I believe they have diffusers. Or if you can use a nasal pillow mask, the Airfit P10 venting is quiet and softer.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:55 pm

OkyDoky wrote:All masks have vents, but some have softer quieter ones. If you need a FF you might check out the F & P Mask. I believe they have diffusers. Or if you can use a nasal pillow mask, the Airfit P10 venting is quiet and softer.
after seeing some of the F&P masks with their clip on diffusers, I've wondered about taking one of the resmed filters, and making a diffuser for the quattro... I just haven't gotten around to experimenting with it.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Nick Danger

Post by Nick Danger » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:00 pm

Have you tried the Airfit F10 full face mask? The Airfits handle the venting in a very nice way. I switched from the Swift FX nasal pillows to the Airfit P10 nasal pillows for this very reason.

gtabbott

Post by gtabbott » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:02 am

The termed P10 Airfit is excellent for this. My spouse reported no noticeable exhaust issues with it. Plus, it is the most comfortable mask I have ever used!

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:15 am

gtabbott wrote:The termed P10 Airfit is excellent for this. My spouse reported no noticeable exhaust issues with it. Plus, it is the most comfortable mask I have ever used!
The poster is using a full face mask

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:20 am

NJsharon wrote:I have been using my CPAP machine for over a year now. No complaints from me with it. I actually like it. Helps me fall asleep & I have low numbers every night.

My problem is my DH always complains that my mask (full face quatro mask) blows cool air on him all night. Drives him nuts!
I guess I thought it was normal & nothing I can do about it.
But is that normal?
Is there anything to do about that, other than space between us or separate beds?! lol
I am having the same issue, or rather my partner is. I have a Quattro FX which I tried again last night to compare results with my nasal mask. I only got 6 hours sleep, I woke up early feeling refreshed and couldn't get back to sleep, still feeling good today. My partner however feels lousy as I kept waking her with the vented air.

Maybe I'll consider the Airfit masks if they're better for this?

Where have you been? It's alright we know where you've been!"
(You've been in the pipeline...)

lwieland11

Post by lwieland11 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:40 am

A girlfriend of mine, whose husband wears a CPAP mask, told me that in the beginning ,when he was first getting used to his mask, she had a dream that she was in a ferocious hurricane, only to wake up and find her husband re-adjusting his mask. I thought that was pretty funny. No more hurricanes though. He finally found what works for him and she's getting a good night's sleep!

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:04 am

lwieland11 wrote:A girlfriend of mine, whose husband wears a CPAP mask, told me that in the beginning ,when he was first getting used to his mask, she had a dream that she was in a ferocious hurricane, only to wake up and find her husband re-adjusting his mask. I thought that was pretty funny. No more hurricanes though. He finally found what works for him and she's getting a good night's sleep!
Funny story ... I've booked a mask review appointment at the hospital so will see what they can offer, happy to buy my own though if they don't have much choice.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:37 am

Hannibal 2 wrote:Maybe I'll consider the Airfit masks if they're better for this?

The AirFit P10 nasal pillow mask venting system is a no brainer...I have to put my hand about an inch from the mask to feel any air movement. My hubby loves it...no more blasts of cold air onto him.
I don't know about the venting on the AirFit full face masks though. I don't think they are totally like the P10 though.
You will just need to try one and check for air movement from the vent holes with your hand away from the holes.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:57 am

palerider wrote:
OkyDoky wrote:All masks have vents, but some have softer quieter ones. If you need a FF you might check out the F & P Mask. I believe they have diffusers. Or if you can use a nasal pillow mask, the Airfit P10 venting is quiet and softer.
after seeing some of the F&P masks with their clip on diffusers, I've wondered about taking one of the resmed filters, and making a diffuser for the quattro... I just haven't gotten around to experimenting with it.
I have done this with my Amara View and it works quite well.
I am sure there will be some who will say that it will restrict the venting air and I will be dead by morning, but I have been using it this way for about a year ... and have no ill affects from it.

Last edited by grayghost4 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:04 am

Yes, try a different mask. A different mask might just blow in a slightly different direction, eliminating the annoyance.

Hannibal 2

Post by Hannibal 2 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:18 am

Pugsy wrote:
Hannibal 2 wrote:Maybe I'll consider the Airfit masks if they're better for this?

The AirFit P10 nasal pillow mask venting system is a no brainer...I have to put my hand about an inch from the mask to feel any air movement. My hubby loves it...no more blasts of cold air onto him.
I don't know about the venting on the AirFit full face masks though. I don't think they are totally like the P10 though.
You will just need to try one and check for air movement from the vent holes with your hand away from the holes.
With my Mirage FX nasal mask it's not an issue either, perhaps not as good as your description of an AirFit P10. I have an appointment for 27th so I'll persevere for now, maybe shield my partner with a pillow as suggested by someone earlier.