Confused by data

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Confused by data

Post by palerider » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:41 pm

OkyDoky wrote:Since you have the latest Sleepyhead, I'm thinking you may need to set up a second profile to read your new machine's card. Maybe others will comment on this so we will know if that is needed.
SH will neatly integrate multiple machines in a single profile, and let you seamlessly click from day to day, showing the proper daily sheet from whichever machine you used that day.

I've never tried splitting a day between two machines, though, that might give poor SH a tummy ache.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:44 pm

Just trying to figure out why her's is crashing on her new machine.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

Hosehead4ever

Post by Hosehead4ever » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:01 pm

Yeah, it was crashing because I didn't have the latest version of SH like I thought. I had just downloaded what I thought was an update a few days ago so I thought I must have the latest, but somehow I ended up with an old version. It does indeed work seamlessly between machines and cards.

I've raised the minimum pressure to 6 and will see what that does. I prefer gradual changes.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:04 pm

Great! No more racking my brain.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:18 pm

OkyDoky wrote:Great! No more racking my brain.
like I said, I'm always suspicious (too many years of tech support?) when people say "I have the latest version".

I learned to ask misleading questions...

"oh, so you've got 0.9.4a?" (which never existed) at which point the person says "YES!" triumphantly....

to which I reply "well, THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM!"

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Hosehead4ever

Post by Hosehead4ever » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:12 pm

My mistake was assuming the one I'd downloaded midweek was the latest version.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:39 pm

Trying to compare two different manufacture machine is like comparing apples and watermellons.

Trying to compare two of of the same kind of machines, is like comparing apples and oranges.

No two machines treat or read data identical. Better results would find one machine you like best and use it to optimize your treatment. Best results are seen by using the Avg of a few nights data before deciding a change, going too fast is chaos. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire