Confused by data

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Hosehead4ever

Confused by data

Post by Hosehead4ever » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:25 am

So, last night was my first night with the auto machine (Airsense 10 autoset). From the previous night on my PRS1 450 CPAP Cflex, my AHI was 8. On the new machine last night it was 4.3. That's better (and I feel better) but I want to get it much lower if I can. Also, most of my apneas were counted as central/OA, and that is new. Before, they were nearly all apneas/hypopneas. Is this a difference in how the machines register data?

My max pressure was 12 and median was 7.4. Large leak was 19 something, but I don't know what that number means. I slept longer and feel like I slept better. The change in data is confusing though.

Sleeprider

Re: Confused by data

Post by Sleeprider » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:39 am

Obviously it would help if you shared the data so we would have some more insight. Here is a tutorial on how to post the data: https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

What is your minimum pressure? At what pressure range do the remaining AHI events occur?

Hosehead4ever

Post by Hosehead4ever » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:51 am

I don't know as the graphs are so small (one night) that I'm having a hard time figuring them out. I'll try to post them. Last time it was such a pain in the rear that I gave up. My minimum pressure is 5 - max 14. Don't know when the apneas are occuring due to graphs.

Hosehead4ever

Post by Hosehead4ever » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:13 am

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:03 pm

Your AHI is primarily central on the new machine.
What was it when you were using the PR S1 machine and saw AHI around 8?
Edit: I see you say it was primarily OA and hyponea and not central (CA).

We don't treat centrals with more pressure with these machines....if the centrals are pressure triggered we actually try to reduce the pressure if we can to see if the centrals will reduce and cross our fingers that the OAs and hyponeas don't increase with the reduction.

Have you ever used SleepyHead? The graphs with SleepyHead are easier to see and compare and get an overall picture of what is going on in terms of pressures and events.
Your leak is within acceptable limits....see the red line? Stay below that line at 24 L/min for the bulk of the night and as long as the leaks aren't waking you up the machine can compensate for leaks.
Resmed machines report only excess leak vs total leak (vent rate plus excess leak) that your Respironics machine reported.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:13 pm

What pressure were you using with the PR S1 machine?
It's going to be difficult to compare results from a fixed cpap pressure to auto adjusting apap pressure.
The difference in event definition between the 2 brands is mainly a minor difference in hyponea definition and wouldn't account for nearly all centrals vs hardly ever any centrals.
Now sensitivity differences and algorithm differences and response time differences between the 2 brands and how they go about their job might account for some difference.

Off hand with an AHI of around 8 with being primarily obstructive in nature (OAs and hyponeas) using a fixed cpap pressure...most likely the pressure wasn't doing an optimal job.

I don't know what to think about the ResMed and the primarily central AHI at this time. I need to see more data and maybe some SleepyHead reports to get a better feel for what is maybe going on.
Were you for sure asleep when those centrals were recorded? How was the sleep quality in general?
You say you feel a bit better...in what way and do you think you can put a finger on any reason as to why? Like maybe more hours of sleep or less awakenings or whatever?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Hosehead4ever

Post by Hosehead4ever » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:35 pm

Every time I open Sleepyhead with my new card, it crashes. It worked great for the Respironics card. No idea what's going on.

Pressure with cpap was 6. It was inadequate, I had already done some pressure adjusting a couple months ago up from 4, which is where I was last titrated at before I started gaining weight again. Then 6 became not enough. Hence the reason for the auto to avoid further titrations.

AHI with the PRS1 machine was mostly apneas with some hypopneas and few centrals. Totally backwards now.

On the plus side, I only snored once last night according to my bed partner.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:48 pm

KatyDidAgain wrote:Every time I open Sleepyhead with my new card, it crashes
What version of SleepyHead?
If you don't have the very latest version that could account for the crash. Any prior versions aren't compatible with the new AirSense machine.

If you do have the current version and it is crashing and we can't figure it out or fix it then maybe I can have you send me a copy of your SD card once you have a few nights on it so I could plug it into my Sleepyhead so that I can get a better feel and look at the graphs.
Like maybe after a weeks worth of data.

Right now...AHI is less...you are feeling better...bed partner reports snoring reduced...we don't treat centrals with more pressure...so I would leave things alone for a few nights and see what happens.
Part of this could simply be your body adjusting to a new machine. The body and brain is funny about changes...even good changes.

Hosehead4ever

Post by Hosehead4ever » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:18 pm

I have the latest beta version of Sleepyhead. I read in another thread that there wasn't support yet for that model so I didn't bother trying to get it to work after it started crashing. If there is a version that works with the Airsense 10, I can figure it out from there. If I can't, my partner can as he does it for a living.

I've just looked at my PR card data from the past week and month. I used to have majority H events, then A, then C. Last night it was C, A, H. May have just been a weird night with a new machine. I'm going to give it a few days and see how it averages out.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:33 pm

Which version number exactly?
The very latest is 0.9.8-1 and it was released after the release of the AirSense machines and Mark did upgrade it so that it works with the AirSense. People using the AirSense models are successfully using this version.
There are a few thread discussions where it is stated that SleepyHead won't work and at the time of the posted comment it wouldn't but it didn't take Mark long to add AirSense compatibility as he was just about to release that version anyway.
So those comments predate the release of this version that will work.

If you do have that version and it crashes...I don't know what might be going on. A new install might fix it and might not.
If we have to I can tell you how to get me a copy of your SD card and I will try my SleepyHead version.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:12 pm

KatyDidAgain wrote:I have the latest beta version of Sleepyhead.
again, what version? I'm quite suspicious, because almost every time I hear someone say "I have the latest version" that means that they don't.
KatyDidAgain wrote: I read in another thread that there wasn't support yet for that model so I didn't bother trying to get it to work after it started crashing. If there is a version that works with the Airsense 10, I can figure it out from there. If I can't, my partner can as he does it for a living.
the latest version has support for the airsense 10.

Last edited by palerider on Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Hosehead4ever

Post by Hosehead4ever » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:22 pm

Got it. I thought I had the latest version.

2014-1-23 (one week ago with PRS1)

2014-1-30 (last night with Airsense)

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:22 pm

next time, please either use the 'view/ take screenshot' menu option and upload the file from the sleepyhead screenshots directory, or hit f9 and f10 to turn off the calendar and right sidebar, they obscure valuable data.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:27 pm

your pressure on your old machine was way too low, which is where all the obstructives and hypos came from.

the new machine and auto pressure eliminated most of that.

you had a fair number of centrals before, that number is higher now, but it looks much worse on the pie chart because so much of the other crap was removed.

I'd suggest a minimum pressure of seven, and see if the centrals don't smooth out over time.

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:33 pm

Since you have the latest Sleepyhead, I'm thinking you may need to set up a second profile to read your new machine's card. Maybe others will comment on this so we will know if that is needed.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760