Alternative to Apria?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Hosehead4ever

Re: Alternative to Apria?

Post by Hosehead4ever » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:03 pm

Yes, my current machine is the 450, fully data capable with SD card, and I do keep track of the data. However, I just ordered an Resmed S10 from our host so it's mute anyway.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:06 pm

KatyDidAgain wrote:Yes, my current machine is the 450, fully data capable with SD card
Ahh...Okay...you just have the wrong machine in your equipment Profile...the "Plus" part of the model you have chosen would be a model 250 machine.
The correct choice for the 450 is the PR System One Pro Cpap machine.....Pro instead of Plus in the name.
That link to the 450 is broken though so I don't think anything would show up.

I bet you will love the new ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet though...I haven't heard any complaints about it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Hosehead4ever

Post by Hosehead4ever » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:14 pm

Oh yeah. That was why I put that one in there, because when I put the other one, my machine didn't show up. I figured it was close enough. Ooops.

dreamzone

Post by dreamzone » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:09 pm

by Sir NoddinOff on Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:43 pm
A bit off topic... I hope your avatar picture is not of your cat sitting amid the carcass of your clawed and drained waterbed Cats haven't been getting very good press on CPAPtalk lately. Ask Pugsy about that.
BTW, I hate Crapria too. Good luck finding a replacement.
Nah.... not my kitty.... no pets at home any more... just a cute pic I found and liked. Waterbed? I can only imagine!!!

rogerconnelly

Post by rogerconnelly » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:54 pm

It's hard for me to pass on a chance to vent about Apria here when I see the title of this thread - they really are a "broken" company in a field that really needs a better level of customer service IMHO.

The worst part from me was the initial move over to Apria from my previous supplier that was forced on me by my insurance. Getting Apria to send me what I needed when I needed took many, many, many persistent phone calls from me to them. It really shouldn't have to be that way - and the whole time I was doing it I was thinking "what happens to people that aren't as persistent as I am being? Do they just fall through the cracks and never get the equipment they need?"

Anyway, my persistence did finally pay off (after about three months of phone calls) - so if find yourself in this boat, just keep after them. These days they seem to do a better job of just refilling the same orders (since over the long haul your orders become pretty consistent).

Okay - I'll end my vent now - I feel better - thanks for "listening"

- Roger

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:53 am

I dismissed them for several reasons.
They insisted I use mail order for cushions and filters. (Wrong item? NO THANK YOU,)
The filters were packed in their own plastic bags--not Resmed?
UPS shipping ONLY! (I hate them!)
They kept demanding my credit card number!

Hosehead4ever

Post by Hosehead4ever » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:12 am

I think the avatar query is a reference to my old cat Persephone. She was curled up in a tarp on the floor. Strange girl.

As for Apria, I have hung up on them in disgust more than once. It was better to just purchase from our host out of pocket. And even back before the medicare changes, they could never figure out how to put me on auto fill.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:31 am

KatyDidAgain wrote:I think the avatar query is a reference to my old cat Persephone. She was curled up in a tarp on the floor. Strange girl.
Now that you mention a tarp I can see the eyelets off to the side. An unusual face on that cat, or is it just a trick of the light? I had a cat that got one of it's ears chomped or torn off by a raccoon... it'd freak the daylights out of anybody who saw her.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.