Resmed Autoset

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Resmed Autoset

Post by palerider » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:01 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
palerider wrote: it's a misuse of a term, by definition, "frank" in medical parlance means "obvious" ... here it's being misused as "sudden, unexpected".

quoting definitions:
Medicine
unmistakable; obvious.
"frank ulceration"
Not necessarily. And, I don't see the difference in your trying to split hairs. From the discussions on the forum and the definitions, a "frank" apnea is an "abrupt" (fully developed, clinically evident, obvious and unmistakable) apnea without preceding snores, flow limitations or other events that the manufacturers use in their programming to "predict" an apnea that may sneak into the chain of breathing events. By definition, an apnea is "lack of breath" for 10 seconds or more.

1: marked by free, forthright, and sincere expression <a frank reply>
2a : unmistakably evident <frank materialism>
2b : clinically evident and unmistakable <frank pus>
many words have many definitions, you have to select the right one, another definition of 'frank' is a hot dog..

the clinical meaning of frank has nothing whatsoever to do with "without preceding snores, flow limitations or other events..." ALL apneas are frank apneas.

if you're going to use frank, and quote it, as if to make it a special word, in a clinical/medical useage, you should use it the way it's defined... obvious.

the word "sudden" would be much more appropriate for what you're trying to say, and wouldn't confuse tangledhose (and likely others) like what you're doing.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:29 pm

I was just being silly, I didn't mean to start an argument between you girls.......My Bad

Link to Sleepyhead:
http://sleepfiles.com/SH2/

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:48 pm

To paraphrase FRANK Sinatra........"I Said It MY Way!"

But, I didn't invent the term on this forum or anywhere else. I've just been using it the way I interpreted the previous users had meant it.

And, I don't give a rat's behind if PR doesn't like the way I've used it. I still think it's an appropriate usage for sudden, abrupt, and without preceding events.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:53 pm

TangledHose wrote:I was just being silly, I didn't mean to start an argument between you girls.......My Bad
thpppt!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:07 pm

AND..........
It seems throughout history, that if a word or phrase is used enough to define something, it eventually becomes part of the lexicon and takes on that meaning.

As an example, we have politicians who say the exact opposite of what "reality" is and expect us to believe their versions.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:48 pm

Wulfman... wrote:As an example, we have politicians who say the exact opposite of what "reality" is and expect us to believe their versions.
Den, Den, Den... we may disagree occasionally, but I'd

NEVER

compare you to a POLITICIAN!!!

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:53 pm

palerider wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:As an example, we have politicians who say the exact opposite of what "reality" is and expect us to believe their versions.
Den, Den, Den... we may disagree occasionally, but I'd

NEVER

compare you to a POLITICIAN!!!
Oh, thank you! Nor would I ever compare you to one, either.

Den

User since 05/14/05

Tatooed Lady

Post by Tatooed Lady » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:48 am

Occasionally? ?

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:11 am

Tatooed Lady wrote:Occasionally? ?
well, yeah...

if I said "why, yes, I agree with my esteemed colleague from the frozen north" every time den and I agreed on something, the noise rate on the forum would go up even more.

the *TRICK* is figuring out when I don't argue with him whether it means "oh, yeah, what he said" or "I just don't have the strength today to go into battle".

TangledHose

Post by TangledHose » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:48 am

palerider wrote: thpppt!

"thpppt"........that sounded like some air being let out of a Patriots' football !

Link to Sleepyhead:
http://sleepfiles.com/SH2/