Full face masks alternatives

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Bill44133

Re: Full face masks alternatives

Post by Bill44133 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:35 pm

Stevoreno_55 wrote:
Bill44133 wrote:I use the Zzz-Mask Full Face mask. I like you have high pressures and worries of leaks.

The liners is also a good idea. There is a nice lady on this forum: Becky at RemZzzs who would probably send you a free samples of the liners they offer, just send her a private message. With the liners I was able to use the masks that I tried previously and not able to control the leaks.

I wish you well...
These liners which everyone has been talking about; can I go to their website to watch a demo on how they work? Since you state you also have a high pressure are you also having to wear a chin strap if you have mouth breathing issues like I do? Another problem I've having is some mornings waking up with a very dry mouth; I use Biotene mouth rinse before I go to bed at night; it seems to not be helping much. That question I guess I should post in another thread. So far I've been able to tolerate my new increased pressures of 22cmIPAP/18cmEPAP; the inside of my mouth hasn't been as fortunate. I have a dental appointment next month which I'm not looking forward to going to because my dentist might beat me up pretty good over my dry mouth problems. Thanks for the feedback.
You can look at the remzzz's website: http://www.remzzzs.com It gives good information you need.

My pressures are 23 ipap and 19 epap and I have never used a chin strap.. I have not had issue with dry mouth in a long time. The humidifier does a good enough job and I think I have learned to keep my mouth shut most of the time.

I hope you can get beyond this bump in the road soon...

Additional Comments: Settings are IPap 23 EPap 19

M'ohms

Post by M'ohms » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:51 pm

If you like a particular mask that has no chin support, you could rig up a strap that connects to your bottom straps of your mask.

This method reminded me enough while sleeping to keep my mouth shut.

Stevoreno_55

Post by Stevoreno_55 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:59 pm

Bill44133 wrote:
Stevoreno_55 wrote:
Bill44133 wrote:I use the Zzz-Mask Full Face mask. I like you have high pressures and worries of leaks.

The liners is also a good idea. There is a nice lady on this forum: Becky at RemZzzs who would probably send you a free samples of the liners they offer, just send her a private message. With the liners I was able to use the masks that I tried previously and not able to control the leaks.

I wish you well...
These liners which everyone has been talking about; can I go to their website to watch a demo on how they work? Since you state you also have a high pressure are you also having to wear a chin strap if you have mouth breathing issues like I do? Another problem I've having is some mornings waking up with a very dry mouth; I use Biotene mouth rinse before I go to bed at night; it seems to not be helping much. That question I guess I should post in another thread. So far I've been able to tolerate my new increased pressures of 22cmIPAP/18cmEPAP; the inside of my mouth hasn't been as fortunate. I have a dental appointment next month which I'm not looking forward to going to because my dentist might beat me up pretty good over my dry mouth problems. Thanks for the feedback.
You can look at the remzzz's website: http://www.remzzzs.com It gives good information you need.

My pressures are 23 ipap and 19 epap and I have never used a chin strap.. I have not had issue with dry mouth in a long time. The humidifier does a good enough job and I think I have learned to keep my mouth shut most of the time.

I hope you can get beyond this bump in the road soon...
I imagine my deviated septum on the left side of my nose is why I'm having serious mouth breathing issues. I saw an ENT last month and we talked about it; he said my problem with my nose was so bad he didn't recommend surgery. How can you tolerate 23cm? I wish I was still on straight 18cm. Thanks again for your feedback.

Stevoreno_55

Post by Stevoreno_55 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:03 pm

M'ohms wrote:If you like a particular mask that has no chin support, you could rig up a strap that connects to your bottom straps of your mask.

This method reminded me enough while sleeping to keep my mouth shut.
How long does it take you to hook all of that up? That white piece of fabric over your mouth; is that one of those mask seals everyone has talked about? Thanks for the feedback.

M'ohms

Post by M'ohms » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:10 pm

Yes, that's a mask liner. As far as the strap goes, the photo show a strap that has been cut off an old headgear. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. You could try tying a shoelace around the lower straps to see if this setup might work for you. If you like it, you could use part of an old chin strap, which would be wider and more comfortable, to make a strap. just be sure to include the velcro end so that you can adjust the tension. It doesn't take any more time to mask up with a chin strap than without one.

Stevoreno_55

Post by Stevoreno_55 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:07 pm

M'ohms wrote:Yes, that's a mask liner. As far as the strap goes, the photo show a strap that has been cut off an old headgear. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. You could try tying a shoelace around the lower straps to see if this setup might work for you. If you like it, you could use part of an old chin strap, which would be wider and more comfortable, to make a strap. just be sure to include the velcro end so that you can adjust the tension. It doesn't take any more time to mask up with a chin strap than without one.
Thanks for the feedback.