Frequent Awakenings

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Java

Re: Frequent Awakenings

Post by Java » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:50 pm

Wulfman... wrote:Well, after the first few awakenings/interruptions, it seemed that you had longer periods without having to get up and start over. Your snores were fewer and consequently not driving the pressure increases, so it appears that while you were able to stay at lower pressures, there were fewer disruptions.

Still not ideal, but I believe it demonstrates what I've been theorizing.

Den

I definitely think we are headed in the right direction. I feel I need a day or two to get used to starting at 12. Maybe I should use ramp. I bet if I use ramp I can go up to 13.
It's just a lot to try and a lot to figure out.

As long as you all are willing to help me, I will keep trying till we figure this out and hopefully I will get some better sleep.

Again, thanks to everyone for the help!
Java :)

Fifty Shades of Exhausted!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:55 pm

Java...if you wish to follow Den's ideas first and let my ideas wait....I have no problem with it.
Up to you.
I was thinking more about slowly tightening the range and still take care of the snores and apnea events....get you comfortable with the pressure and machine so that at least you aren't fighting the machine.
I was going to work into a tight, tight pressure setting to both eliminate snores and the other stuff and reduce pressure variations just in case they are also impacting sleep quality...but I go about it differently than Den does.

Won't hurt my feelings if you want to go with his ideas first and put my ideas on the back burner.
If that is the case I will bow out until you ask me to return.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:11 pm

Java wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:Well, after the first few awakenings/interruptions, it seemed that you had longer periods without having to get up and start over. Your snores were fewer and consequently not driving the pressure increases, so it appears that while you were able to stay at lower pressures, there were fewer disruptions.

Still not ideal, but I believe it demonstrates what I've been theorizing.

Den

I definitely think we are headed in the right direction. I feel I need a day or two to get used to starting at 12. Maybe I should use ramp. I bet if I use ramp I can go up to 13.
It's just a lot to try and a lot to figure out.

As long as you all are willing to help me, I will keep trying till we figure this out and hopefully I will get some better sleep.

Again, thanks to everyone for the help!
I just think it would be "interesting" to see what a straight pressure of 12 cm. would show. You could configure either your APAP or Bi-PAP in that way. Maybe set the "Flex" option to a setting of "3" or "2" which would give you some exhale relief.
You're not having all that many apneas or even hypopneas for the machine to try to eliminate......it's just mostly snores. Determining a "base" pressure that will encompass most of these issues is what we should shoot for.

A fixed pressure would help eliminate many of the variables that changing pressures are appearing to impose in this challenge of you getting some decent sleep......and in longer periods.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:16 pm

The 760 can be configured so that it works like a cpap but not lose the FL limitation flags like we do apaps (minimum to equal maximum) but still be in auto mode. PS would be 0. BiFlex is still available.
If that is something you want to try.
Example if you wish to try Den's idea of straight 12.
Mode...Auto
Minimum EPAP 12
Maximum IPAP 12
PS min 0
PS max 0
BiFlex off or setting of your choice.
It will behave like cpap but record like auto. Not that the FLs are horrible but I still would want to make sure that if I didn't see any it was because they didn't happen and not because the machine was just ignoring them.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:07 pm

The 760 has a CPAP mode. No need to configure IPAP/EPAP. Just set it on CPAP and choose 12 for the pressure. There are 3 modes for that machine...CPAP, fixed biPAP and Auto BiPAP.

Setting the CPAP mode leaves the other modes unchanged. When I was trying to establish settings, I configured Auto BiPAP and had Fixed BiPAP and CPAP set as backup rates at known comfortable settings in case I wanted to change during the night.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:49 pm

Sleeprider wrote:The 760 has a CPAP mode. No need to configure IPAP/EPAP. Just set it on CPAP and choose 12 for the pressure. There are 3 modes for that machine...CPAP, fixed biPAP and Auto BiPAP.
and, as pugsy alluded, that turns off the reporting of flow limitations.

just the other day, someone in the forum took advice like that and gleefully reported "I tried CPAP mode on my auto, and my flow limitations went away! I guess my body liked it!"

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:56 pm

palerider wrote:
Sleeprider wrote:The 760 has a CPAP mode. No need to configure IPAP/EPAP. Just set it on CPAP and choose 12 for the pressure. There are 3 modes for that machine...CPAP, fixed biPAP and Auto BiPAP.
and, as pugsy alluded, that turns off the reporting of flow limitations.

just the other day, someone in the forum took advice like that and gleefully reported "I tried CPAP mode on my auto, and my flow limitations went away! I guess my body liked it!"
But, on the other hand, "Java" doesn't have that many Flow Limitations........it's been mostly snores driving the pressures.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:01 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
that devil guy wrote:and, as pugsy alluded, that turns off the reporting of flow limitations.
But, on the other hand, "Java" doesn't have that many Flow Limitations........it's been mostly snores driving the pressures.
*shrug*
*goes over to sit by pugsy*
"Tea dear?"

Last edited by palerider on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:19 pm

Good grief! At least fix your post and correct the "quotes". I didn't say that, you did.

Then, you can go back and sit.

Den

User since 05/14/05

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:23 pm

Wulfman... wrote:Good grief! At least fix your post and correct the "quotes". I didn't say that, you did.

figures, when I don't preview it... *lol*

more tea, dear?

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:26 pm

palerider wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:Good grief! At least fix your post and correct the "quotes". I didn't say that, you did.

figures, when I don't preview it... *lol*

more tea, dear?
Why, thank you.......don't mind if I do.

Den

User since 05/14/05

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:42 pm

Wulfman... wrote:
palerider wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:Then, you can go back and sit.
more tea, dear?
I was talking to pugsy!

Sleeprider

Post by Sleeprider » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:12 pm

Den, I have a keg of great coffee maple imperial stout I'll share. We can leave the tea to the ladies.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:15 pm

Sleeprider wrote:Den, I have a keg of great coffee maple imperial stout I'll share. We can leave the tea to the ladies.
Mmmmmmm........ Sounds good. I'll be right over.

Den

User since 05/14/05

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:16 pm

palerider wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:
palerider wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:Then, you can go back and sit.
more tea, dear?
I was talking to pugsy!
OK.......never mind........I've got a better offer.......

Den

User since 05/14/05