P10 Hose Management?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Macpage

Re: P10 Hose Management?

Post by Macpage » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:37 am

chunkyfrog wrote:In hotels, I have used a strip of duck or cheap package tape and scrunchies as needed.
The tape has always removed easily from the "headboard".
Scrunchies. Another good idea. You have the support but also give without a lot of resistance. This is what looked good about the attaching mechanism on the Amazon device. Thanks. You guys are creative.

Best,

Mike

Macpage

Post by Macpage » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:42 am

RogerSC wrote:
Macpage wrote: Nice to know! I like that fact that they have been around for a while. Nothing worse than finding something that works and then it gets discontinued.

Do you use it above the head or to the side of the mattress?

Thanks,

Mike
Well, with Amazon and commodity products made in China, you never know. They do sometimes find an "equivalent" product and sell them at essentially the same price using the same ad, with a different product actually enclosed. I've read about that in their reviews many times ("pictured item isn't what I got"). This one has had the same packaging each time, same color product, and same look and feel except for the improvement at the base weld. Haven't paid attention to the manufacturer due to the family resemblence *smile*.

I started using it at the side of the mattress, but that didn't work as well when I rolled away from it. So, for the last couple of years I've been using it at the head of my bed, over the middle of my pillow, which makes it work symmetrically well *smile*. Which is better for me.
Yes, I'll often buy a bunch of things I find very useful for that very reason! I bet a lot of folks here wish they had bought a case of Biotene.

I think the head of the bed for me as well. I roll a bit now that I'm side sleeping. I can't wait to give it a spin, and it will be nice to know I'll have something for travel as well.

Best,

Mike

Guest1

Post by Guest1 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:48 pm

I use a 5cent cable tie looped in a 70cent Nylon Spring clamp on the headboard. Keeps the hose anchored right on top of my bed pillow. I also like the 3M command hooks.

The command hook solution may be better for a P10 because it will keep the main cpap tube anchored with less or no movement.

Macpage

Post by Macpage » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:57 pm

Guest1 wrote:I use a 5cent cable tie looped in a 70cent Nylon Spring clamp on the headboard. Keeps the hose anchored right on top of my bed pillow. I also like the 3M command hooks.

The command hook solution may be better for a P10 because it will keep the main cpap tube anchored with less or no movement.
Another good idea!

My problem with fixing something to the headboard is that I (wife) have a sleigh bed. Thus. the headboard is short, not much taller than mattress. It works great for hanging the main hose for direct attachment as with a ffm. It works ok with a shorter secondary hose like the Wisp. However, the long hose on the P10 just has too much slack attaching to the main at the top of the headboard and not enough to attach to the back of the headboard. This is why I'm looking at hanging options.

Best,

Mike

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:40 pm

Macpage wrote:
Guest1 wrote:I use a 5cent cable tie looped in a 70cent Nylon Spring clamp on the headboard. Keeps the hose anchored right on top of my bed pillow. I also like the 3M command hooks.

Another good idea!

My problem with fixing something to the headboard is that I (wife) have a sleigh bed.
I actually have my 3m hook stuck to the wall, because my headboard is about 10" high, with a 6" shelf behind it.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

DianeDennis

Post by DianeDennis » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:51 pm

I recently moved and have to figure out a new setup … cheap.

I have my bed cornered and there's no headboard at the time so that space is filled with a bunch of pillows.

I had my machine down almost on the ground (no shelf or nightstand figured out yet). I didn't like it there so I put a very short two drawer "mini-dresser" sort of thing behind my side of the bed and the top is no more than maybe an inch above my pillow and put my machine on that.

Within two nights I pulled it over on top of my head (rude awakening…).

Anyhow, does anybody have any suggestions on how I can "shelve" my machine and "anchor" the hose so that when I roll I don't pull the machine off of the shelf? And not get wrapped up in the hose.

The hose needs to be anchored well because at my other place I had lamps drilled into the wall and I had my machine on a wall shelf next to it and the hose wrapped around the arm of the lamp that was drilled into the wall, and still managed to slide my machine close to the edge of the shelf.

The good thing about it is that it was above my head because the lamp that it was wrapped around was above my head so I didn't get twisted up.

At any rate, any suggestions on using things I might have lying around the apartment rather than having to purchase anything?

Also, I don't have tools or anything, it's just my and my 21 year old Autistic son.

Thank you so much!

sleep_quest

Post by sleep_quest » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:00 pm

DianeDennis wrote:
Anyhow, does anybody have any suggestions on how I can "shelve" my machine and "anchor" the hose so that when I roll I don't pull the machine off of the shelf? And not get wrapped up in the hose.
I can help with part of the problem, and nothing beats free Send me a PM with your mailing address if you'd like for me to send you one.

viewtopic/t103448/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1 ... 44#p963444

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:34 pm

Until you get situated...

I think you should put a clean hand towel down on the floor and just set the machine on that. That way it doesn't have far to fall.

Logies101

Post by Logies101 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:53 pm

I have a super high headboard, old farmhouse bed, and I hooked a regular wire hanger over the top and looped the hose through that. It works great, no hose fights at night.

dreamzone

Post by dreamzone » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:16 pm

I started with a hose hanger from Walter Drake at $19, then discovered them at Walgreens.com for $15. It's the slide-under-the-mattress kind, and I have it above my head. But the Amazon one is the cheapest I've seen!

But since I have a sleigh bed with a TALL headboard, I am digging the command hook/scrunchie idea! DH and I both use hose managers for our hoses.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:10 am

My brother's guest room has no headboard, so I have used a clothes pin on the window curtains there.

Macpage

Post by Macpage » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:04 pm

Just thought I would give a report if anyone was looking to see the resolution.

I bought the hose hanger that SGearhart and RogerSC mentioned in the prior posts from Amazon. It goes between mattress/springs positioned just above my head on a 12' mattress. It is as advertised...more than capable to do the job over a good period, espcially if you keep one for the home and don't take it down a lot. It is also really easy to break down for travel. I will be getting another just for this purpose. It is light enough to swivel easy and the loop mechanism is springy like a scrunchie to give the hose flexibility. I wrapped a little tennis racket grip tape around the base and the point where it meets my headboard to protect the wood. I affix the Pap hose to the hanger at the curved portion with a cable tie for the nasal interfaces at my fav length and let it just ride free through the loop with the ffm. Hose is routed from night stand between the headboard and mattress.

For the F10 ffm with hose swivel, this is a must have for side/active sleepers. The hose becomes a non-issue. Absolutely perfect!

For the Wisp with light hose section and swivel, it works really well. You need to get the hose length fixed for where you like it to prevent pulling on the mask rather than riding free. Once affixed, it solves most hose issues wiht this interface.

For the P10, it ends up being a lot like the 3M hook or wire hook with hose attached above your bed. You pick the right length to affix and it keeps the weight off the pillows. The rotation of the hose hanger "may" improve on the fixed hook, but I wouldn't think it would be enough to change one's current set-up. However, some of us are still going to have trouble with the P10's long hose extension and lack of a swivel at the interface. When I roll over, the long very flexible P10 extension aways twists and smacks me in the face. I have to manually reach up to the hose joint and rotate the P10's end of hose swivel to get the kink out. Not fun at all, but still don't know if it's enough to make me give it up!

Thanks for all the help.

Best,

Mike