P10 Hose Management?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Macpage

P10 Hose Management?

Post by Macpage » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:01 pm

Just a quick post on the P10 trial. Things continue to go well, but the hose is eating me up. No matter what I try it gets all over me as I'm changing sleeping sides. None of my tricks for the ffm or nasal masks has worked.

How do you guys handle the P10 hose? Does anyone use a hosebuddy or homemade management system rigged just for the P10?

I know our one member clips it to a night shirt, but I sleep shirtless, and I roll over a lot in the second half of the night. I'm game for anything. Appreciate the help.

Best,

Mike

SGearhart

Re: P10 Hose Management?

Post by SGearhart » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:20 pm

I found a hose hanger that mounts between the mattress and boxsprings on Amazon. It keeps the hose up and allows me to turn to either side to sleep without any interference problems.

Inspectorgene

Post by Inspectorgene » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:29 pm

I put a piece of velcro on the headboard of the bed, and put a loop around the main hose from the machine.

Macpage

Post by Macpage » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:59 pm

SGearhart wrote:I found a hose hanger that mounts between the mattress and boxsprings on Amazon. It keeps the hose up and allows me to turn to either side to sleep without any interference problems.
Thanks. Does your hanger swivel?

Best,

Macpage

Post by Macpage » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:03 pm

Inspectorgene wrote:I put a piece of velcro on the headboard of the bed, and put a loop around the main hose from the machine.
Yes. I have a system like this for my other interfaces. I just can't get the distance right. In the middle, the excess always lands on my face. If I make the loop off to the side, it's great starting out, but it pulls on the pillows when I turn to the other side. This is with a pretty narrow cpapmax pillow or memory foam pillow. I'm not turning very far.

Best,

Mike

SGearhart

Post by SGearhart » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:07 pm

I had to go back and find it. Man! I didn't realize how much junk I've bought.

Here it is:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0034C ... UTF8&psc=1

Oh Yes, It swivels.

Macpage

Post by Macpage » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:32 pm

SGearhart wrote:I had to go back and find it. Man! I didn't realize how much junk I've bought.

Here it is:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0034C ... UTF8&psc=1

Oh Yes, It swivels.
Thanks. I like the design with the loop on the top. This seems to be a litle more forgiving for movement than the straight velcro I've seen on the others. It also looks like it would swivel pretty easily without having to exert a lot of force. Looks pretty easy to pack as well. Can't beat the price and the positive comments!

Can't figure why the blue? Not really my decor! If it works I could care less! Would probably wrap it with pipe insulation to protect the headboard anyway.

Thanks again for pointing it out.

Best,

Mike

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:37 pm

That's the same Amazon one that I've used with the Swift FX and AirFit P10. I've had a couple now, and one set aside for traveling. About 3 years ago, I got that one from Amazon (essentially), but it only lasted a couple of years. So I got another one, and now they've fixed the flaw in the original. The original one, there was just a simple weld between the vertical section and the part that goes under the mattress, so it was easily susceptible to weakening the weld by bending, and a few times accidentally bent and the weld finally just broke apart. The new ones have an extra piece of metal that keeps the vertical part attached to the horizontal part much better, and prevents casual bending of the vertical part (if you know what I mean).

Anyways, the new ones work better than the old ones, and still about the same price. And yes, the loop at the top works fine for me *smile*. Good for traveling, also. They break down into a fairly small volume and go into a bag that I can easily fit in the cpap soft carrier, which works well.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:46 pm

Hanging from above seems to work best for me.
I have a swivel plant hanger screwed to the wall, and the skinny part of a fishing rod duck taped to that.
My hose is hanging off the fishing pole by rubber bands and scrunchies.
It moves with me, and stays out of the way rather nicely.
(((Jigging for frog, enjoy the image, folks)))

Macpage

Post by Macpage » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:20 am

RogerSC wrote:That's the same Amazon one that I've used with the Swift FX and AirFit P10. I've had a couple now, and one set aside for traveling. About 3 years ago, I got that one from Amazon (essentially), but it only lasted a couple of years. So I got another one, and now they've fixed the flaw in the original. The original one, there was just a simple weld between the vertical section and the part that goes under the mattress, so it was easily susceptible to weakening the weld by bending, and a few times accidentally bent and the weld finally just broke apart. The new ones have an extra piece of metal that keeps the vertical part attached to the horizontal part much better, and prevents casual bending of the vertical part (if you know what I mean).

Anyways, the new ones work better than the old ones, and still about the same price. And yes, the loop at the top works fine for me *smile*. Good for traveling, also. They break down into a fairly small volume and go into a bag that I can easily fit in the cpap soft carrier, which works well.
Nice to know! I like that fact that they have been around for a while. Nothing worse than finding something that works and then it gets discontinued.

Do you use it above the head or to the side of the mattress?

Thanks,

Mike

Macpage

Post by Macpage » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:25 am

chunkyfrog wrote:Hanging from above seems to work best for me.
I have a swivel plant hanger screwed to the wall, and the skinny part of a fishing rod duck taped to that.
My hose is hanging off the fishing pole by rubber bands and scrunchies.
It moves with me, and stays out of the way rather nicely.
Great idea. I have a plan to make a device that would work really well for pillows and interfaces with secondary hoses. It's a pretty simple design like yours. I'll share it if it pans out and I can get it fabricated. Right now, I'm going to get the one mentioned from Amazon to save me unti I can work on my project!

Best,

Mike

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:17 am

Macpage wrote:
Great idea. I have a plan to make a device that would work really well for pillows and interfaces with secondary hoses.
I just use a 3m command hook stuck to the headboard and a clip on that to hold the hose (much like the clips that sleepquest is giving away)

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:22 am

In hotels, I have used a strip of duck or cheap package tape and scrunchies as needed.
The tape has always removed easily from the "headboard".

Last edited by chunkyfrog on Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

RogerSC

Post by RogerSC » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:23 am

Macpage wrote: Nice to know! I like that fact that they have been around for a while. Nothing worse than finding something that works and then it gets discontinued.

Do you use it above the head or to the side of the mattress?

Thanks,

Mike
Well, with Amazon and commodity products made in China, you never know. They do sometimes find an "equivalent" product and sell them at essentially the same price using the same ad, with a different product actually enclosed. I've read about that in their reviews many times ("pictured item isn't what I got"). This one has had the same packaging each time, same color product, and same look and feel except for the improvement at the base weld. Haven't paid attention to the manufacturer due to the family resemblence *smile*.

I started using it at the side of the mattress, but that didn't work as well when I rolled away from it. So, for the last couple of years I've been using it at the head of my bed, over the middle of my pillow, which makes it work symmetrically well *smile*. Which is better for me.

Macpage

Post by Macpage » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:33 am

palerider wrote:
Macpage wrote:
Great idea. I have a plan to make a device that would work really well for pillows and interfaces with secondary hoses.
I just use a 3m command hook stuck to the headboard and a clip on that to hold the hose (much like the clips that sleepquest is giving away)
I like this. Good idea. I might be able to make it work on my headboard! I will experiment. Thanks for the idea.

Best,

Mike