Hearing spring peepers

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pesser

Re: Hearing spring peepers

Post by Pesser » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:04 pm

palerider wrote:
grayghost4 wrote:quote : am I the only one that has no idea what he's on about?

you are too young to know what we are talking about

and it has nothing to do with "spring" .... goes on all year long.
well, I 'spose I'm just not familiar with the term and didn't know if it was something to do with the cpap, or critters outside... (isn't he up north where it's all still frozen over?)
I'm so far up north............lice doesn't survive here. Spring peepers are small frogs that make little noises in the spring. I've got the sound in my head since I increased the pressure of my bipap.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:24 pm

Pesser wrote:
palerider wrote:

well, I 'spose I'm just not familiar with the term and didn't know if it was something to do with the cpap, or critters outside... (isn't he up north where it's all still frozen over?)
I'm so far up north............lice doesn't survive here. Spring peepers are small frogs that make little noises in the spring. I've got the sound in my head since I increased the pressure of my bipap.
ah... ok, sorry... you had me confused there, I think it's that wide eyed stare you've got looking at me when I'm reading your posts *lol*

I had more of a constant whine in one ear sometimes, and I took to wearing an earplug for a while (days,weeks? I forget) to kind of 'give it a rest'. seems to have helped, I think.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pesser

Post by Pesser » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:34 pm

Maybe there's a lice in my ear that the cold hasn't gotten to yet!! I went skiing and had to wear a lot of head gear (very cold in the mountains of Cape Breton). That's when I noticed. But I think the added pressure from my bipap had something to do with it too!!

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:45 pm

palerider wrote:
Pesser wrote: But the spring peepers occur without warning and everywhere. Anybody experience this?
am I the only one that has no idea what he's on about?
Little frogs. In Nova Scotia they "sing" peep peep peep by the thousands every spring. When I was there, 2 years ago in May, driving from the airport on a wet rainy road you could hear them sing above the sound of the engine and the wheels on the wet road.

If you have a migraine the impulse to find a shotgun and take them out can be almost irresistible. Except that thousands more would just take their place.

Peep heep peep heep Peep heep peep heep Peep heep peep heep Peep heep peep heep Peep heep peep heep

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:55 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:
palerider wrote:
Pesser wrote: But the spring peepers occur without warning and everywhere. Anybody experience this?
am I the only one that has no idea what he's on about?
Little frogs. In Nova Scotia they "sing" peep peep peep by the thousands every spring.
but WHY are they in his ears???? *grin*

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:26 pm

Interesting to have tinnitus that sounds like singing frogs. I could live with that.
Mine sounds like a bad fluorescent light going wonky. Not a bit melodic--or sexy!

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:30 pm

palerider wrote:

I had to Google it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwVEI5M-948
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:33 pm

OkyDoky wrote: I had to Google it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwVEI5M-948
*hides face* normally, I'm quite good at the 'google unfamiliar stuff before opening my mouth" method.

I blame that stare of his...

*shakes fist* damnit!, big bird! you make me look bad! (or worse)

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:38 pm

palerider wrote:
OkyDoky wrote: I had to Google it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwVEI5M-948
*hides face* normally, I'm quite good at the 'google unfamiliar stuff before opening my mouth" method.

I blame that stare of his...

*shakes fist* damnit!, big bird! you make me look bad! (or worse)
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:39 pm

If you had been thinking dirty, it's all right, because that is their mating call.
I could only listen for a few seconds before I had an urge to start a load of laundry.
(((((Advances dial to "spin" cycle )))))

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:42 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:If you had been thinking dirty, it's all right, because that is their mating call.
I could only listen for a few seconds before I had an urge to start a load of laundry.
you always seem to be such a *proper* frog... and then....

how do you get away with that when I get chastised for calling lansinoh "titty cream"

AlabamaAl

Post by AlabamaAl » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:26 am

No peepers here, but if I listen real close, I can hear a big ole bass splashing on top of the water...

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:25 am

chunkyfrog wrote:If you had been thinking dirty, it's all right, because that is their mating call.
Yep Hundreds of thousands of little froggies wanting to get it on from dusk to dawn. "F... me! F... me! F... me! F... me! "

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:51 am

Pesser, a number of things cause tinnitus. I've had mine for a long time and it is more noticible at times, while other times I don't even notice it. One of the things that can cause it is medications, so if you have made any changes there you might want to let your doctor know. Age and ear wax are also causes. Here is a link with other info. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond ... n-20021487

Pesser

Post by Pesser » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:05 am

OkyDoky wrote:Pesser, a number of things cause tinnitus. I've had mine for a long time and it is more noticible at times, while other times I don't even notice it. One of the things that can cause it is medications, so if you have made any changes there you might want to let your doctor know. Age and ear wax are also causes. Here is a link with other info. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-cond ... n-20021487
I really appreciate your comment and link. I know this all looks funny; but when you experience things that are different, especially with CPAP therapy, it can be scary. Thanks!