What mask wipes do you use?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sheriff Buford

Re: What mask wipes do you use?

Post by Sheriff Buford » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:20 am

My schedule is: I wipe my mask down every morning using Pampers Thick Wipes for Sensitive Skin. You can also use the generic brand. Be sure the baby wipes have no alcohol or aloe. Some say "aloe juice", and that’s ok. Alcohol will damage the mask plastic and aloe will leave a film. I also wash my mask every weekend with a toothbrush and baby shampoo. I then soak the mask in a plastic tub or a few hours in baby shampoo and water solution. I then rinse the mask very well. If I don’t, the baby scent will upset my tummy. Look on the mask manufacturer’s website about vinegar. Some recommend you don’t use it, but I suspect a little won’t hurt.

Sheriff

Tatooed Lady

Post by Tatooed Lady » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:33 am

palerider wrote:a squirt of hand sanitizer on a facial tissue. ok, purell on kirkland if you must know.
This made me choke on a laugh...would that be the $75 for 2 gallons of Purell from Costco? I think you might be an addict.

As Bette Davis famously said, “Old age ain’t for sissies.”
I'm with the band.
So.Many.TOYS!

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Tatooed Lady wrote:
palerider wrote:a squirt of hand sanitizer on a facial tissue. ok, purell on kirkland if you must know.
This made me choke on a laugh...would that be the $75 for 2 gallons of Purell from Costco? I think you might be an addict.
I'm addicted to costco, yup. guilty... *cough*coffeemaker*cough*

it's actually slighty more than 2 gallons, since it's 8 liters.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:30 pm

Whatever kind they offer free online when buying CPAP supplies/masks etc. I've tried a couple of different brands and they all work fine as far as I can tell... and smell okay too.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.